Why isn't France considered a med-country by many?

>Speaks a latin Language
>Has coastline in the medditereanian
>The vast majority of it has a hot climate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2HqXKLahCGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

most of history we didn't have the red part of that map
the vast majority of the country has atlantic climate
country is too big to be considered med, only Corsica, Languedoc and Provence are med. The south-west is different

CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK CROAK

Having +20° temperatures this time of the year seems pretty warm to me. And Paris is in north France

yeah me too

also the political and cultural power lies heavily in Paris

normally it's around 15 this time of the year in Paris

if all of France is med because it's hot in Paris then Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia... are meds

Where in France is the weather not hot?

It's 22c right now in BC, is BC Mediterranean?

Why isn't Sweden considered an Eskimo-Inuit country?

Simply because the core is not on the med, France=Paris and its periphery. They definitely are Latin, but Paris and most of the North and West are typically Atlantic in climate, closer to Britain than Italy.

The mediterranean coast is also pretty small compared to the country, and very important parts such as Nice were only annexed 150 years ago.

everything above the Loire
is the temperature in Paris enough to say that all of France is med?
also do you mean mediterranean culturally, geographically, or both?

24C is fucking hot. Is London as hot

corsica for sale

because niggers

Paris has pollution involved, the 12 million people urban sprawl implies it's hotter than let's say Lorraine countryside even if it is at the same latitude

I get it's warm for a Swedish guy but I wouldn't say France is a hot country everywhere, some places have really different climates like Brittany or the Massif Central/other mountain range, and Mediterranean climate is its own thing as well, "hot" doesn't necessarily mean Med

Anyway, despite coming from the Mediterranean myself I don't think it's fair to call all France Med. We really are right in between the north and the south of Europe imo with all the diversity (in a good way for once) it implies

I fucking wish, Sardinia, Elba and Corsica separated hurt my autism.

>everything above the Loire

Way to forget the Alps, the Pyrenees, or even places like Lozère that are under the Loire

For you

>It's another episode where OP doesn't realize not all the world is frozen like Sweden

hell no bae, it's you who gotta pay us to deal with them

>Swedes actually think 24c is hot.
It was 33C out today.

and? I don't understand how the weather is one city makes the entire country a mediterranean country.
it's 13°C in Clermont-Ferrand, same in Stockholm. Does that makes France a nordic country?
you agree that it makes no sense

yeah m8 sorry about that. Honestly I'm provençal, the closest to Corsica, and I don't even remotely feel related to these guys, they're just italians to me. They should go back to you

Do you live in the desert?

what state?

Southeastern US

I thought Paris was colder or at least average by French standards because of its northern latitude

Georgia

Can France even be considered a country? It's more like a collection of sexual predators and barbarians, all fighting over frogs, children and wine.

Don't forget they use cheese as deodorant and invented mimes.

The coldest places are probably down south, because mountains. Doesn't even have to be really high, this place here looks like the damn arctic during winter

Sounds like a utopia

epic post

here, have your
>witty retort by the french ensuing le epic franco-british """hate""" daily thread
wow what a great thread

what the fuck i didn't imagine the Massif like pic

youtube.com/watch?v=2HqXKLahCGU

Where are you from ?
The Massif Central is made up of many different natural areas, and Lozère with it's relatively high plateaux like the Aubrac gets very cold during winter. And it's not the only place, the Velay too, the northern parts of the Cévennes, the plateaux of Cantal like the Luchard...

live in Provence
poorfag so never went out of this shithole not even kidding
Lozérien ?

Howdy neighbour, Languedoc here, but Hérault instead of Lozère. I spent several child vacations in Lozère tho
I'm just kind of passionate about nature in France and the Massif Central as a whole fascinates me by its diversity, and foreigners absolutely ignore it when visiting the country so it's great during summer. Also it has the least densily populated areas of France so pretty relaxing
This is also the Massif, part of its southern end not far from the sea. Doesn't look like Lozère at all, which itself is different from the Puy-de-Dôme etc...

But Provence is pretty fucking great as long as nature goes, as long as you aren't trapped in Marseille

Because they distanced themselves from us (Southern Latin Europe) when the UK and northern Europe became the center of power. Notice how offended they would be to be called ''Latin''

non je suis du Var
Je tombe souvent sur toi dès que ça parle de régions

well, France comes from the franks, so yeah obviously we tend to feel closer to the rest than to you guys

They get incredibly triggered by being called Med, but the truth his that the South IS Med, no matter how much they keep sucking Parisian cock.

Why are americans so rude with a country that used to be one of their biggest allies?

they don't like us

I like France as a whole and I wish regional cultures weren't so butchered by 2 centuries of heavy centralization, but at least it is the reason we don't have issue like you do with Catalonia right now

Ouais c'est un peu une passion, j'ai été NEET pendant 2 ans et tout le temps passé sur Wikipedia m'a fait apprendre non-ironiquement plein de choses sur l'environnement ici, et j'ai pas mal bougé en France en vacances étant gosse.
Maintenant que je m'en suis sorti j'ai envie d'aller voir par moi-même, j'attends juste d'avoir finalisé le permis voiture.
Le Var est plutôt pas mal par exemple, c'est un des départements les plus boisés de France.
Après faut être intéressé par ce genre de truc, évidemment

this is actually because of centralization that Catalonia wants out

It's because of centralization that Cataluña wants to leave, mate.

Northern France is Atlantic culture

I mean I suppose their identity wasn't erased as much as it was here up to the point they wouldn't even speak Catalan anymore. Like here nobody speaks Occitan anymore,
Breton and Basque aren't dead but aren't everyday languages for the people in these regions, and a few others
In France few people identify with their region before they identify with France, unlike Spain.

Catalonia wants out because of centralization but it wasn't damaged enough by that centralization up to the point it wouldn't even want independance, or even be aware it once was something very different than Spain, like most people here aren't even aware most France didn't even speak French 150 years ago

I'm not an expert tho so I'm not trying to do the "let me tell you about your country", it's just how I see it

The thing is that Spain didn't try to kill the other cultures other than with Franco, and Franco almost killed every culture -Castilla included- just to impose the "Spain" that he envisioned.
The whole thing with Cataluña is more of a political endevour than anything else. If you look at numbers for independence 10 years ago you'll see that it wasn't even in the picture, but the current government has fucked up so much with handling the whole situation that they want to separate; the whole "muh occitania" is really just a front-up argument to seem more legitimate.

Northern France isn't med

I see, interesting
It's obviously a complicated matter, I guess some people just do it to get the fuck away from Madrid and other out of regional identity
Also, aren't many independantist parties (in Catalonia) politicaly left ones ? Not sure about this

France is literally med country bro

Not even all of southern France is Med

Geographically yeah, but culturaly it's complicated
After all even Portugal is considered Med and it doesn't even touch the fucking sea that causes all the fuss

Yes, and that's where the issue of national identity comes up: they would rather import immigrants to boost up the "yes" vote rather than keeping Cataluña truly catalán.

>900 km of Mediterranean coast
>4000 km of Atlantic coast
>France is med
yes

Don't see why it can't be both tbf

they're atlantid, lot of them look Welsh

it's not rude , if someone CROAK CROAK at me in real life i'll just rpetend he's retard and call psychiatric hospital.

Iirc Nietzsche called France a 'halfway successful synthesis of North and South' or something along those lines. ie a blend of northern european and atlantic culture with med culture

Fuck bud, +11°c is fucking boiling

Typically, a med country is one with a great history that makes no sense given the current situation of the country (all of them are shit tier).

France is still relevant.

>>The vast majority of it has a hot climate
que voulait-il dire par ceci

Que passer les 20° ils fondent

>he doesn't know what hot is
lmaoing at your life. it was 35C in louisiana today.