Both people make emotionally manipulative bullshit documentaries full of mere conspiracies and barely any facts

>both people make emotionally manipulative bullshit documentaries full of mere conspiracies and barely any facts
>but one gets a pass because he's a leftist while the other gets panned

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3fC6LaVzKws
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's more surprising is that people will defend Moore for totally creating stuff but go after Herzog for trying to present the truth in a cinematic way

>Sup Forums discovers the people in power are not the ones you think
>DUDE ENLIGHTENED LMAO

Who atually likes Michael Moore? Even the leftists I know think he's an arsehole.

moore is emotionally manipulative and doesn't hide the fact that he is biased

but he at least tries to present facts rather than go into dsouza alex jones areas of outright batshit they are satan and anti-christ alley

>Slandering an innocent water filter salesman
Kek curse you

Michael Moore is terrific. When Farenheit 911 came out it was practically the only mainstream thing critical of Bush, shooting a truth light through all of that admin's criminality. He made a point of rigorously fact checking everything in that documentary and its so airtight no one's been able to refute anything about it! An American hero, should be listened to more often. I'm serious.

Desouza is extremely based on immigration and destroying anti American rhetoric, religion on the other hand, he's a bit of a nit-wit. His debate with the Christopher Hitchens is top tier comfy debate kino

>it was practically the only mainstream thing critical of Bush
lol

Top b8

Are you serious

>Even the leftists I know think he's an arsehole

He was still a speaker in the anti-trump women's march and Where to Invade Next is in netflix.

Looks like your regular leftist for me.

But ask you what else was but you don't know

this

I haven't seen any of the other guys films, but the posters always look really severe, doom and gloom. Moore on the otherhand, even though he's got that uppity left-wing snark in every bit of voice over, it's got a sense of humour and irony. That makes it easier to take, especially for a mainstream audience.

Going off the movie posters alone (which let's face it, in this cookie cutter age is often pretty accurate) I'm gonna say it's because the other guy is too grim, in other words an unpalatable tone.

Liberal """logic""" is a wonderful thing isn't it

no, mate. you're presenting a false equivalency here simply because both produce documentaries. Desouza is bottom-tier awfulness. Moore, while at times vapid, actually does his homework and researches the material eh presents. yeah, they're both manipulative, i'll give you that, but that's because they work in editorial docs and that's par the course for that kind of documentary.

apples and oranges. it's like comparing Kubrick and Woody Allen.

the difference is that plenty of lefties criticize Moore and call him an asshole, while right-wingers either call anyone a shill who doesn't believe this garbage or start with their whataboutism (case in point, OP's thread)

and Moore doesn't lie nearly as much Dinesh

>and Moore doesn't lie nearly as much Dinesh

Top lel.

that's beyond imbecilic.

dumb libcuck

That's exactly their mindset

They both make propaganda, neither are documentary makers.

As a slightly right leaning centrist at least moore takes risks and goes into real communities. The indian dude sets up staged interviews and fake skits. At least moore ambushes real people who don't expect it.

I admit both are unapologetic propagandists tho.

>this is what Sup Forums actually believes

>this isn't the bullshit rhetoric being said on Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit every fucking day

>Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit
you're on all three and Sup Forums every day? no wonder you have shit for brains.

The extremists, just like on the opposite side
This thread is retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=3fC6LaVzKws

The difference being that

a.) Michael Moore actually does not have to fabricate anything

b.) He's a skilled documentarian, in that he understands that a documentary is still primarily a FILM, which is to say an aesthetic object, and thus its success must be measured in terms of the aesthetics of its crafting.

Moore is an infinitely better filmmaker, regardless of whether you agree with his politics or not.