How do the atheists explain the consciousness?

How do the atheists explain the consciousness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Define consciousness.

>btfo
that's how

Consciousness is the state of awareness given by God.

with enough neurons connecting a lifeform is aware of its surrounding and itself

best way i can put it without a degree in something

You're a couple years late to the discussion, neighbor.

You have no proof it was given by God. Brazilian education.

Well then atheists think it isn't given by God of course.

this
couple of decades

>read picture title

the just think it's a random set of events that occur for no reason, has no meaning and has no depth...yet paradoxically insist that morality exists

>with enough neurons connecting a lifeform

It's not even scientific and much less true.

Given by God is the only acceptable answer. There is no other.

richard dawkins gave us conciousness in reward for spreading his word

Does everything need to be explainable at this given moment? There are a lot of holes in our knowledge. Just because we don't know something doesnt mean it its evidence of a god.

Was electricity divine up until we figured out what it was? Then it lost its divine characteristics?

Why do you think awareness isn't a possible property without God?

Integration of multiple sensory inputs to the extent that an organism can perform meta-cognition and react to its internal state in the same manner as lower organisms react to their environment. It's not a huge mystery when you know the basics.

It is given by what?

>the brain and the chemicals man durrrrrrr hurrr WE WUZ CHEMICALS N SHEEEEIT

Consciousness is a memeplex designed to carry memes better, it gives us the illusion of being which makes for an organism with better chances of survival.

It doesn't exist. It's nothing but an illusion, you stupid theist

i meant "with enough neurons, a lifeform..."

but still that makes sense? humans have way more neurons and connections in there brain, and as you go down the scale of having less and less, animals descend in conciousness ( being able to recognize themselevs in a mirror to thinking it is just another animal, whereas apes can actually communicate with humans in certain ways)

again, could be wrong but my old science teacher explained that to me and he was super smart cool guy

You don't explain consciousness; consciousness is what you use to explain everything else.

In a sense, consciousness is the existentialist's God.

Reductionism can be done to any level you like, to chemical reactions, to molecular pathways, or to pure physical interactions. They are just models at different levels of abstraction.

False.

You have a weak mind for science then. You don't have the intelligence to figure out what consciousness is so you just default to God.

because something can't come from nothing

it is not "given" you retard. its a trait we developed over millions of years

God is the full aware being of the Universe, matter have no conscious, so the conscious belong to the God's plan, it's simple.

>current year
>thinking consciousness is real
>thinking free will is real

laughing
out
loud

False. Emergent behavior can arise as if from nowhere based on collections of simpler mechanisms. And something can and did come from nothing in the universe so you're wrong on both accounts.

Free will isn't the same thing as consciousness. We have consciousness but may not have free will, you can be aware and not in control.

We can't. Neither can anyone else.

False? What the hell atomics are you working off? How the hell do you even reconcile words as things without some form of formalism? In short, what is your a priori? If science tells you that everything you perceive exists within the neural network of the brain, then how do you reconcile this without asserting (recognizing, I would say) that consciousness is the first foundation from which all other things is built?

SCP-K

>its a trait we developed over millions of years
It makes no sense and you don't have any proof on this.

You have no proof, that earth is not flat.

What a load of crock. You can define consciousness, using 'God' is a cop out. you use observation and logic to understand the world. If you can decode other metaphysical things then why not consciousness. Explanations of God are just lazy and pigheaded.

>conscious
even most animals are that christfag.

the brain is nothing more than a lit marvelous biological neural network, consisting of different parts to do their assigned task. Just like in an AI.
Some of these parts, are out of your control, these parts of the brain work without you having "a say" in it. On top of this complicated layers, we finally get your consciousness. Quite amazing.

I'm no atheist btw, something of the old

Through their not-religion of science.

You need faith in science to believe in it.

Why are christians always so sure that their religion is the right one?
Tell me why you think consciousness doesn't come from Odin, Osiris or Zeus/Jupiter.

neither do you.

you hipocrite shouldn't be browsing Sup Forums.

They don't.

We are searching for.
You pretend to have found. (in a book lol)

A small pool of microbial carbon learned to move in the oceans and repeated and fused and combined ad infinitum till natural selection happened and one mutated asteroid dust grew legs and fucked another mutated asteroid dust particle that had ears and then bam they made mutated dust particles that can walk and eventually they realized some things and eventually created that bag of Doritos you have sitting in your refrigerator.

I'm with this oppinion.

>read picture title

How can God exist then? Where is your God if not from nothingness.

What is Mind?

Mind is Matter.

What is Matter?

#NeverMind #YOLO #ImWithHer #DeepImpact

Nice try but Cartesian logic is always the first fall-back people try when cornered, you haven't disproven what I said. Even if you claim to not believe in anything other than Cogito Ergo Sum you still must concede that hypotheses based on experimental data that can make accurate predictions are a better scientific model than saying 'God did it', or something even more lax like 'It doesn't exist'. Even if you presume an a priori God you still haven't explained HOW anything works. On the contrary I can explain how things work based on a clear model without giving an a priori about the creator of the universe.

Ive started to think about this and have come up with an observation.

A person a consciousness the I is not a noun. It is a verb. If you froze the world people would not be alive in that moment that would be static. We only exist in motion. We only exist over a continuous period.

The consciousness in the brain reflecting on its own memories in motion.

The conscience is outside the body.

> you use observation and logic to understand the world
You use your education to believe the world is like they are described it to you, because >muh omni-potent omni-present Science.

If you would use observation, you would be earth-form-agnostic, but no - you belive that the earth is a ball.

the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.

funny how your god pales in comparison to everything else outside of earth

Not arguments, ranging from fallacies to laughable scifi babble.

Underrated post.

Atheists are generally nihilistic of some sort.

>Just like ai
Have a PhD in CE or CS? If not, please leave AI out of this.

most animals did not know they exist and no, conscious don't belong to the brain.

Provide proof or consistent argument, anyone can make baseless claims. Stars are made of peanut butter.

>if I don't understand it its scifi babble

Where are the fallacies. Point them out or you have no argument.

Im thinking that there has never been nothing. Infinity is both directions.

And so are you if you believe is any form of god.

Consciousness can define consciousness by using aspects of consciousness? What the fuck does define even mean in context? Where did you get that mirror into your soul exactly, because that sounds an awful lot like a religious assumption.

Also it's clear that you have a misunderstanding of "God." "God" is by no means necessarily an external entity which imprints brutish dictums onto another realm; sophisticated Christian philosophers (such as Augustine, Emerson, and Kant) understood God to be a concept of permanence- a sort of fundamental by which everything else could exist. The transition from Classical Christianity to Modern Atheism is not so much a fundamental thing as it is an inversion of perspective (from outward-looking-in to inward-looking-out).

I presented you God if you are denying it so you need a better explanation.

No. You do not need to have faith in science.
Read a little about the scientific method, and then fucking kill yourself.

Technically, you have two "states of awareness." Because each half of your brain acts in cooperation with one another.

That doesn't explain consciousness in it's entirety, but it's a more informed start than any religion or spirituality has provided.

youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8

> can be done
Do it.

If you cant, then we can all agree, that science is a cult of degeneracy, which only function is to undermine cultural and social values of our ancestors, to destroy the roots of the white race.

No one proved that the brain makes conscience so far either. Go on and study by yourself.

Hang on, what ? Do you think everything needs to be observed in order for things to be understood? I've never seen an elephant in the wild yet I know they exist.

Why would consciousness necessitate a god? There's nothing magical about it. Other animals demonstrate it too.

hahah nice one fucking saved

we know so because the bible said so.
we know the bible is true because it's written that the bible is true inside the bible which is true.

prove "consciousness" is real

What are you talking about? Do you want me to paste a 1000 page biochemistry book here? There are plenty of models of varying accuracy in their predictions in multiple scientific fields. You are trying to negate all of that actual work with a God of the Gaps argument. Epic.

both have no proof, but I'm not filling my mind with filth (as per definition in your sacred book). WWJD - browse Sup Forums?

always existed

was that mr clean?

God always existed.

There's demonstrable evidence of earth being round that you can find with experiments that almost anyone can do.

Long story short if you cant make predictions its not a theory, if you cant back it up with logic then its not an argument.

None of you have done the required leg work to talk at even a basic philosophical or scientific level so stop thinking you are being smart or original, you aren't. The same tired attempts at undermining Science have been made over and over, all you are proving is your own ignorance.

tl;dr: kys fags

high concentration of neurons in brain cortex

I agree. I did not post an argument, but a question. What evidence can you produce to convince me that exactly your religion is the true faith?

I cannot produce evidence against the existance of christ or the judeo-christian god, but you cannot produce evidence against Odin or Zeus.

"...one whose negative demands were more violent than his positive, far more eager to escape pain than to achieve happiness, and feeling it something of an outrage that I had been created without my own permission. To such a craven materialist's universe had the enormous attraction that it offered you limited liabilities. No strictly infinite disasters could overtake you in it. Death ended all. And if ever finite disasters proved greater than one wished to bear, suicide would always be possible."

You have the same proof by direct observation that you have of the reality of anything else

I have no idea where you get the interpretation that I'm saying "God did it." God doesn't DO, God IS (or in existentialist terms, We ARE). Granted I haven't gotten into the driving principals of self which guide us, but I was merely answering the question of the existence of consciousness, not the algebra of the spirit (or in existentialist terms, the driving wills).

Saying that there is a prime foundation of consciousness is not saying "I'm going to throw my hands up in the air and stop thinking about anything." It's saying "these are the terms under which I understand the universe, now let's see where we can go from here." It is there to ground me so that I do not use one foundation over here and another over there.

Then the universe always existed.

consciousness is very difficult to define.
I'm Christian. Pic is my church.
I was very ill recently; I had a horrible infection in my throat.
I passed out twice as I was going to the toilet. Once just from standing up and again when I made it to the loo.
The second time I smashed my head on the sink and needed proper medical aid. Which I got as my wife called the emergency number.

I was without consciousness both times. Just nothing. I could have died. It wasn't like being asleep, when you're still aware of sound and light. I was totally unconscious. Nothing.

Religion can explain a lot. Our existence. The need to love our fellow beings. How we perceive the world.
I am just content to be alive and take pleasure in God's creation. Watching my wife give birth, seeing my kids grow up, attending to my garden, whatever. It is all God's plan.

Atoms form electricity that spark is literal consciousness , Newten proved all consciousness is electricity. Though I was enlightened by my own intelligence at the age og 6 before I even read most of the works of Newten before bed and during recess when the pathetic christfags were playing kickball my playmates were Darwin Newten and Carl Sagan any more questions bitch?

>t. Deepak Chopra

All athiests have this robotic autism from the way they write to they way they refute their own biased fallacies, to the way they express themselves in real life.

Like they think of themselves as bioorganic mechanical contraptions akin to a screwgun that can feel things.

If you don't believe in God that's fine, but dont think of yourselves as superior for living in a hollow reality with an impending sense of doom.

Also, if it wasn't for a grandiose faith in God that stems way back to arhiac times, we wouldn't be alive today. If we hadn't developed a sense of purpose or a divine being watching over us, we wouldn't never developed passed being cave people fending off sabertooth tigers. So to discredit someone's belief in God, is to discredit your entire existence and the existence of everyone that left an imprint.

Why are you dragging souls into this. Quite simply I said you can use your brain to translate the world physically around you and the stuff (metaphysical) inside of you. It's perfectly conceivable that you could use the same logic to understand and define consciousness. What is consciousness? Why can't that be answered with cognition an not some fad of GOD.

I have a perfect understanding of God, you appear to have a wikipedia education. You can have a God being omnipotent, beyond time, space, outside of anything physical. There is no reason why God could be actually exist or not exist and have anything to do with consciousness. Your assumption is the love of God. You want - I'd say NEED - to be important. God could be real and have nothing to do with our lives.

So I'll say it again - we can decipher the world as is with what we currently accept to understand. God is a cop out. God is a lazy definition.

Emergent property of brains

I'm getting tired of these christian vs atheist bait posts.

I never said God doesn't exist, I simply said it doesnt explain HOW anything came about.

If I made a fallacy you must be able to point it out.

If not then blow it out your ass

further proof conciousness is electricity is the art of Dubstep and other electronic music? While most of you losers were at church worshiping some old pedophile. I was dancing leting the music just flow through me and I joined the world conciousness we were united by the beat

True. But what I observe can be explained with cold hard physics and chemistry in the brain. Is that all consciousness is I guess?

Why are brazillians so dumb?

No, you can't explain volition that way

So because science can't explain literally everything that happens in the universe, god exists.

Did I get that right?

Being contrarian and not understanding sarcasm from my previous post made it seem like you were autistic, which postulates atheism.

Why do you insist on believing that there is a conflict between spirituality and science? This is quite a recent phenomenon that has no basis in logic.

I can assure you that the theories of medicine and physics, which were constructed using the good principals within consciousnesses are perfectly wonderful and useful expressions of our innate a priori principals.

> Do you think everything needs to be observed
I think if you claim, that your dogma is right, because >muh observations, then you go and observe it. Pro tip: you cant.

But whatever. We both know, that your dogma is not about being right, it`s about your intellectual inferiority complex. All you want is to feel smarter, by supporting the sect.

> never observed something in the particular condition in person, but seen on video multiple times, when CG was not a thing
> is the same level of knowledge of a thing, that you observed in a hand-drawn picture in your schoolbook
You see, people tend to defend shit that got in their head, regardless of the way it get there.
You are fucking retard, that is unable to reevaluate your views based on new information. Science is invalid. Get this or get the fuck out.