Tips of "point of view" horror films? Either filmed in a house or filmed by the persons themselves

Tips of "point of view" horror films? Either filmed in a house or filmed by the persons themselves.

So, found footage films.

Oh that's what they're called, thanks!

They're called 'found footage' flicks

REC

I actually thought the first PA was fine.

yes, go on....

There is a segment in VHS 2 that was pretty good, I think. "Safe Haven"

is pretty good.

The original Blair Witch Project is classic, but imo it's aged poorly and without the zeitgeist it's lost a lot of its scare factor.

The Tunnel is good.

The Borderlands is good.

There are good shorts in the V/H/S franchise but I dunno if I can recommend the film's as a whole, especially the third one.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes is uncomfortable to watch but not particularly scary.

Lake Mungo scared the bejeesus out of me but it's very slow and some people hate it.

The Taking of Deborah Logan is good.

Grave Encounters, like Paranormal Activity, is good for cheap scares. Solid movies for a "get drunk and get spooked" movie night with a friend.

I loved Trollhunter but I doubt it'd scare anyone over the age of 10.

Troll Hunter is my favorite of the lot to be honest.

Oh, and I also liked Lovely Molly a lot. It jumps back and forth between found footage and traditional composition.

Based Gareth Evans, that was amazing

It's honestly a pretty impeccable movie. It probably gets overly touted as le hidden gem nowadays, but I still recommend it to anyone.

the last broadcast is worth watching for how it develops i guess

kind of terrible though

Imagine what it'd be like to have sex with her after she's a few movies in and she's just completely possessed.

You know...this wasn't that bad. My only grievances were that if this girl is the one filming the whole thing she has the best handheld camera ever.

And the underwhelming twist at the end.

i saw this movie in 6th or 7th grade and i can honestly say ive never been more scared by a movie.

+1 for the taking of deborah logan

it feels like there are a bazillion FF exorcism movies these days, but this is the only one I've seen that was halfway decent

I think this has the most real looking murder I've ever seen in a movie.

Understandable. Both found footage and demonic possession movies are notoriously lazy and unoriginal, so it's no surprise that when you put them together you can typically expect trash.

I didn't really like The Borderlands but the ending was actually pretty good.

I give it props for the 10/10 ending and for low-key being a great Lovecraftian movie

August Underground

Has The Poughkeepsie Tapes ever been actually released?

I don't think so, not on physical media anyway.