Babylon 5 Viewing Order

I'm about half way through season 2 and it has come to my attention there are a dozen different viewing orders for future material coming up.

I've read several of them but each faggot interjects his own opinion like "skip these episodes they aren't good"

What is the no bullshit, official viewing order for this show where I can enjoy the ultimate suspense.

It reminds me of Battlestar Galactica, where you need to watch "The Plan" after "No Exit" instead of after the entire show

Other urls found in this thread:

babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Chronology
scribd.com/document/208447571/Babylon-5-Crusade-The-End-of-the-Line#
issuu-downloader.abuouday.com/printpage.php?url=sofiamartel/docs/crusade-to-the-ends-of-the-earth--unproduced
dropmefiles.com/fww4P
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Could you be more specific what you're asking for? I can't tell if you're saying if its a good or bad thing to watch The Plan after No Exit instead of after the series concludes. Like do you want to watch B5 in chronological order or in release order, or something else entirely?

Nah, OP, don't worry.

No such thing as B5 viewing order.

Watch it all in order, optionally skipping season 5 (except the last episode).

Then watch The Beginning.

That's literally it.

don't listen to anyone telling you to skip episodes, they are objectively retarded.

if you mean watching the side movies and spinoff series, you can ignore most of them as trash.

Thirdspace is really just a double elngth episode, slots in around the midpoint of season 4 after major shit comes to a head, then you can watch In The Beginning before you start season 5.

other than that I wouldn't bother.

>It reminds me of Battlestar Galactica, where you need to watch "The Plan" after "No Exit" instead of after the entire show

????

why the fuck would you watch Thirdspace after Season 5, it takes place during 4 and its one reference to it is in 5.

thats fucking pathetic geny shit. theres only one order. the goddamned order they were broadcast in, as ordered by JMS.

babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Chronology

I watched In the Beginning first.
Reason being is it is exciting and will get you into the show. Though might want to watch the pilot first. I saw a couple episodes prior.

>watching the movie full of flashbacks and spoilers first

yeah, no

save this image and then leave this thread before you get spoiled

the GOAT series

it spoils the biggest things of season 1 you utter retard

>durrr watch it first though

that image is wrong, it acknowledges legend of the rangers as a thing that happened.

IT DIDN'T!

The Centauri did nothing wrong.

Also I skipped season 5, is that bad?

You did the right thing.

is this a meme?

season 5 wasn't GOAT like 2-4, but it wasn't bad by any means, skipping a whole season of a show seems totally sperg'd to me.

i used this guide for my first watch

the only non b5 tv series thing i watched was in the beginning, i found the others all complete shit

>i skipped the actual ending to the tv show
>DID I DO BAD??????????

what do you think? are you stupid?

The first half was pretty painful, and while the second half was a return to form the whole thing just felt kind of pointless to me, given that the series finale was shot before the last season was even made. I get what JMS was trying to do with his "fifth act" but it was completely bungled and, in my opinion, didn't really need to be done in the first place. The end of Season 4 was a suitable ending. Not to mention the character assassination Lennier went through in Season 5, fuck that shit.

Watch them in publication order.

>Also I skipped season 5, is that bad?

It isn't bad, but it half season stretched to full season means lot of fillers. It isn't as good as seasons two through four, but still not bad, just not as good. Probably the biggest problem with season 5 is the fact that it uses similar story telling methods as previous seasons, so kinda boils down to most episodes containing scene or two that are actually relevant to whole story... three scenes that mostly trash.

>I get what JMS was trying to do with his "fifth act"

Fifth act was supposed to last for half season or so.

pretending legend of rangers exists
nice bait, faggots

>Also I skipped season 5, is that bad?
it's fine, unless you also skipped S05E22, which is the finest piece of television ever made
don't worry, it was shot before S5

>it spoils the biggest things of season 1 you utter retard
It actually doesn't because it wasn't an important scene to me in the beginning.

Thanks!

I thought Crusade occured during season 4 in the timeline though or am I wrong?

crusade and legend of the rangers didn't happen in any timeline

Crusade takes place after S5E21, like the image depicts. The only thing wrong with that image is that S5E22, the series finale, takes place after everything on there, so it should be after Voices in the Dark

So I should just move the season 5 finale to everything after that?

Fuck this is why I'm so confused.

Wtf JMS. I also heard the Crusade viewing order is COMPLETELY fucked.

It would be a good way to finish it all with closure; Voices in the Dark doesn't really give that as it's a standalone story.
And yeah, no matter how you watch Crusade there's going to be continuity fuck-ups. It's very frustrating.

>I also heard the Crusade viewing order is COMPLETELY fucked.

oh, this one is true. No matter how you slice them episodes, they keep referencing shit from ones you haven't seen yet. It's a mindfuck.

Who here read the Technomage trilogy?

Also who also has the two secret scripts for Crusade?

they weren't "secret" by any means, and I remember reading both, but I want to ask the same thing. Are they still available somewhere?

>Are they still available somewhere?
They are hard to come by. They were released online for a short time, probably before most people here had internet.

Around 5 years ago I wanted to make an open-world (station) Sup Forumsidya about B5, and during that time I collected shit ton of different weird material.

Among that, early B5 concept art. Never seen it posted here, so here goes.

Third Space was fun. Yeah I said it.

and a closer look at each, see filenames

she was in the gathering, right?

Yeah that's what I want. In OP i mentioned The Plan because it gives no closure, but from what I understand might be similar to In the Beginning where it sheds light on things now revealed but is ultimately a clip show.

last one

Now just replace Spock with Londo or G'Kar and possibly color Third Space on neutral color.

scribd.com/document/208447571/Babylon-5-Crusade-The-End-of-the-Line#

can someone please repost this as a pdf?

Yeah, In the Beginning is essentially B5's The Plan, though if I recall it doesn't re-use footage nearly as much as The Plan did. But yeah, if you want to end it all with closure then save S5E22 "Sleeping in Light" for the very end.

found the other one

issuu-downloader.abuouday.com/printpage.php?url=sofiamartel/docs/crusade-to-the-ends-of-the-earth--unproduced

cleaned up page 1

kinda want to storytime it now

We should all meet up, cosplay and film it with phones after sticking everclear tampons in our assholes.

I think someone should do a flash/machinima with those. Sadly I don't have any skills, not even voice-acting, but that would've been a nice fan project.

Should be a radio play.

OK, you faggets, had to use my fucking credit card to download this one

which is the designated chinz-approved file hosting?

found some random one

here you go, and don't you ever say user doesn't deliver

dropmefiles.com/fww4P