JAMES CAMERON DEFENDS THE PREQUELS

APOLOGIZE

source:
variety.com/2016/film/news/james-cameron-slams-star-wars-the-force-awakens-visual-imagination-1201805832/

It’s safe to say that James Cameron isn’t the biggest fan of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”

The “Titanic” director tiptoed around answering a question about what he thought about the sequel before taking a dig at the film.

“Well, George Lucas is a friend of mine,” he prefaced. “I don’t want to say too much about the film because I also have a lot of respect for J.J. Abrams and I want to see where they’re taking it next.”

But the rest of the “Avatar” helmer’s answer hints that he was not impressed.

“I have to say that I felt that George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters,” Cameron said. “So for me the jury’s out.”

Still, the director said in the interview, which recently surfaced on YouTube, that the original “Star Wars” films majorly influenced his career.

“It was fun, it was exciting,” Cameron said about the 1977 original. “It was a big revolution and I wanted to be in on it.”

The director said the “Star Wars” franchise shifted his career from passionate fan to aspiring practitioner. “‘Star Wars’ was the film that made me want to go actually do it.”

He also said the Na'vi could whup Xenomorphs

>“I have to say that I felt that George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters,” Cameron said. “So for me the jury’s out.”
I mean, I hate the prequels as much as the next guy but this is spot on

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

The underwater section of TPM is more creative than all of TFA. Some crazy shit going on there. It was easily the most alien setting of Star Wars until then and the whole monster business was ace, despite Jar-Jar doing his best to ruin it.

>Praises Zack Snyder
>Defends the prequels
>Plans 17 Avatar sequels

That's it, Jim has lost his mind

arent the navi like 10 feet tall with steel bones or some shit

>stating an opinion that any sane, critical thinking fan would have is somehow news worthy

This anti-critique culture needs to be stopped.

>blaming jj

don't blame the pupet, disney is pulling the strings

no, the meme that prequels were bad and tfa is better needs to be stopped.

Pity he can't defend his own flicks.

BASED JIM

>praises Terminator Genesis because it was reusing all the familiar things and he recognized them
>complains about TFA for doing the same

Even if from a completely superficial standpoint people should admit that the prequels did a lot to add cool new elements to the mythology with the new alien races and droids and planets. Nothing from the newer movies has captured that sense of uniqueness. The new aliens and planets and shit really don't have much of a personality to them. It's obvious Disney was trying to wipe away any sign of the prequels as an attempt to gain fan trust because the big meme was I-III were awful irredeemable trash. But they really threw out the baby with the bathwater. Rogue One did some cool shit to tie in to the prequels and intergrate them more, but not enough imo.

Prequel trilogy's biggest flaws were all present in the old trilogy, it's just that for whatever reason Lucas decided to focus on them.

Also the new movies are all going to be shit because of RotJ not ending with Luke going on the dark side of force.

/ourguy/

One of the biggest mistakes of 1-3 was that they've tried to put as much advertising for their gadgets, toys, video games and such in them as possible.

For example people are complaining that it's completely retarded that in prequels jedi are everywhere, commanding armies and doing politics but in original trilogy many people - including high-rank imperial officers - doubt in their existence. What's the reason for it?

The more jedi's in the movies the more types of jedi action figures you can sell.

Based

I never realized how weird Lucas looks. His hands look photoshopped and his face is tiny, especially compared to his giant hair. Look at that turkey neck.

Yeah.
I put TFA above all of the prequels and I agree witht hat.

>agrees that tfa is an uninspired rehash with a story playing it so safe they barely develop characters or even explain them
>still puts it above the real, original source material
dumbass plebs

I will say this: Awakens played it so safe it comes off as extremely bland away from the initial hype. Revenge of the Sith took more chances and comes across as a more meaningful film tho not necessarily a better one.

Let's undo every achievement of the Rebellion from the previous films. Those Neckbeards will eat it up like a greasy Pizza.
Empire is back
>no, this is the first order. Completely different thing.
Sith are back
>no, they just look and act like sith. But they are Knights of Ren
Emperor is back
>lol, do you even Star Wars? This old evil wizard in a dark robe is a GREAT LEADER.
We could never embrace the new republic
>you are pathetic. The new republic existed for 30 years. They just don't show us any of this.
Rebellion are just a bunch of xwings again.
>it's the resistance and it makes complete sense for them to be that way

Disneyfags actually believe this