Wouldent Russia as a whole be better off if they just let Chechnya and Dagestan be their own nations...

Wouldent Russia as a whole be better off if they just let Chechnya and Dagestan be their own nations? Seems like those areas are tons of trouble, cost a lot of money and offer nothing to Russia as a whole.

>
>Wouldent Russia as a whole be better off if they just let Chechnya and Dagestan be their own nations?
uhhh this isn't the 90s. That area is patriotic Russian now. besides, who would want Saudi and USA backed wahhabist state right next door? That's exactly what those regions would become if so called independent.

There's oil.
>tons of trouble
Not anymore.

Only because Kadyrov is cucking putin and the Russian people hard. You guys pay him billions so they don't chimp out

Because Russia is fucking retarded

How did these countries stay part of Russia but Georgia didn't?

Neat. Still, there's less problems than in the 90s, but I guess you know better.
Yeah, you show 'em.
Dagestan decided not to go away. Chechnya tried, but only became ISIS v0.3, so they got fukd.

Why was it OK for Georgia to leave but not Chechnya?

>because Chechnya became ISIS v0.3

If Russia will let them go they will become Terrorist bases land.
Russia can't allow to have Such a nest near its borders.

While Cremlin pays off to Chechnya Kadyrov is loyal and constantly eradicate any appearing terrorist menace..

Better this than nothing

>not just genociding them and replacing them with Russians

O yea I forgot Putin would replace them with central Asians.

Because Georgia left the Soviet Union and Chechnya tried to leave Russia.

Because we had actual state(s) and culture for several thousand years.
Also, less mudslime states = better world

So Chechnya wasn't its own SSR? I guess I just figured they wouldent have cared if one small shitty Islamic shithole left.

>Wouldent Russia as a whole be better off if they just let Chechnya and Dagestan be their own nations?
Russia is an imperialistic country, if they could, they would have long ago restored USSR. Does occupation of Crimea say anything to you?
>Seems like those areas are tons of trouble
The biggest troubles there are russians and islam.
>cost a lot of money
Oil
>offer nothing to Russia as a whole
Oil

The Caucasian mountains act like natural borders
Basic geopolitics

Great question, feels good that you asked.
>2200
>end of worldwide islamic rule
>new culture-mixed countries appear
>nothing left of European or Asian cultures
>somewhere between the caucasus mountains Kartvelistan flag raises

Google Soviet Republics.

Your country is shit.

Who said it isn't

>these clueless burgers pretending to be geopolitics masters
lmao

>So Chechnya wasn't its own SSR
Nope, pic related.
> I guess I just figured they wouldent have cared if one small shitty Islamic shithole left.
Yes they would have. It's about geopolitics, trade/energy routes, etc. If one nation slips away, others will follow. That is why they're strangling us with conflicts, they won't even let us develop economically, because we would gain political weight in the region.
So, it's quite complicated.

woops, forgot the pic.

Why does georgia love George W bush.