Can anyone help me understand Hannah's (Dunham) position here?

Can anyone help me understand Hannah's (Dunham) position here?
The guy argued that he didn't force any of the girls to come with him and she went on about "power imbalance" and some shit. Then Matthew Rhys's character suddenly forfeited and agreed.

Was he forcing those girls to blow him or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

art19.com/shows/the-watch/episodes/af7d597b-2387-460a-9045-e0d71a4ab979
youtube.com/watch?v=glaplW3daEw
youtube.com/watch?v=3kniMAzPRAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Then Matthew Rhys's character suddenly forfeited and agreed.

He didn't suddenly forfeit. After Hannah told him the story about her grade school teacher who she really looked up to massaging her shoulders and caressing her neck, Matthew Rhys realised what she was talking about when she said "power imbalance" between him and his fan girls.

I think that was the only time he was completely genuine that entire episode, everything else was a calculated act. You can see at the end how much he loves and how proud he is of his daughter, so I think a story about a young girl being mistreated resonated with him on some level.

>Was he forcing those girls to blow him or not?

No, in the same way he didn't force Hannah to lie down next to him, or touch his dick, or stay after she had touched his dick.

He's more intelligent than just some violent rapist, what he did was meet girls who admired him, make them feel special ("you write really well", "you're funny", "you're pretty", you're not just some two bit journalist") and then make them feel really sorry for him. That phone call he had with his ex wife while Hannah was in the room was planned as well ("oh, my ex wife is mean and we have custody problems" - remember Hannah even remarked how it was weird to have such a private conversation like that in front of a complete stranger). Matthew Rhys also casually mentioned how he was clinically depressed, and how he didn't lose his virginity until he was 25, that he's on accutane and has a receding hairline. All of these were to make Hannah pity him. And then after gifting Hannah that signed book, and seeing how happy and grateful she was, he again went back to self-pity: "Would you please lie down next to me on the bed, just so I can feel close to someone".

tl;dr: Matthew Rhys didn't physically force any of the girls to do anything, he emotionally manipulated fans of his into performing sex acts on him that they would later regret. Not illegal, but extremely scummy

One of the best episodes of the show imo, gutted that it's going to be ending soon.

>matthew will never emotionally manipulate you into touching his dick

Well, that isn't very different from countless real world situations where one compliments another without being honest.
I have laughed like a retard with lame jokes from grils not anymore. Was i being manipulative?

The difference is the power imbalance between the artist/author and the fan. When we chat up girls they either go for it, or they don't, but if they do go for it it's less to do with the bullshit compliments and chat up lines and more to do with the fact that they're attracted to us physically, or attracted to our confidence. They want to be with us.

Matthew Rhys's character in the show is kind of handsome but he's a depressive, balding, middle-aged guy. Realistically, if he wasn't a world famous author he wouldn't get laid, and he knows that. But he has some kind of power over his naive fangirls and guilts them into sex through self-pity. It's not like in the '60s or '70s when girls would throw themselves at rockstars because they were hot. How many of those girls came forward and said they were manipulated into sex?

It's definitely a grey area though, they even said so in the show.

>it's going to be ending soon

It's a very enjoyable show with great male characters

art19.com/shows/the-watch/episodes/af7d597b-2387-460a-9045-e0d71a4ab979

>Dunham
child molesting fuck, allowed to get away with it because shes a jew

>it's going to be ending soon

Normally I don't like the Hannah-centered episodes but this was one of the best in the entire show. Definitely sad this will be the final season

It's always fascinating to stumble onto a thread about a show I normally see disliked/never talked about being discussed by people who actually watch and enjoy it.

is this the show Girls?

are you guys really unironically watching this trash?

>soon

>people
nu males and faggots user

We are going to save Sup Forums brother

>(Dunham)
She is absolutely fucking monstrous. A beast. A creature sprung from men's nightmares.

Repulsively fat. But AT THE SAME TIME no tits or ass.
Face like a man. An UGLY man. She has the look of an ugly weak man you know you couldn't count on when the chips were down. Even as a man, repellent.
Pallid skin like that of a corpse.
Body appears misshapen, like those retarded kids in the special class at school that would sit all hunched with their malformed frames bent in some strange posture. A gingerbread man that was taken out of the oven too soon.
Hair like a mouldy rag thrown atop a gargoyle.
Tattoos that look like a diseased skin disorder.
Looks like she smells bad too.
Awful personality, by all accounts.
Grating voice.
Child molester.

A 0/10 nightmare. Completely repugnant across the board. Not a single redeeming feature.

she also molested her sister

fucking kill yourself

>best to be ending soon

Only a literal faggot would watch this show.

There are some people here who just like to talk about television and film with out getting bootyblasted about everything.

I don't want to believe there are people here who actually support her and this show.

>
>>snoooooooo

It's good. Dunham ≠ her show

>gutted that it's going to be ending soon.
You're human garbage.

It's funny because if you guys actually gave the show a chance, you would probably like it. Lena Dunham shows a lot of self-awareness and humility in her writing. Her character Hannah, and all of the female characters are self-centered and immature. She makes fun of SJWs and libtards in the show multiple times.

It's a shame that she's kind of a dumb bitch in her personal life because it gives her show a bad rep.

youtube.com/watch?v=glaplW3daEw

is it power imbalance to shove rocks into your baby sister's vagina?

or did she like it in that case

this is Sup Forums.. children in swimsuits and workout clothes are posted here hourly
I tried, it was cringe

Are you seriously trying to discuss that terrible show here?

Fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=3kniMAzPRAk

It's intentionally cringeworthy a lot of the time, because the main characters have no self-awareness. It's generally a pretty fucking funny show imo though, and the characters are interesting and likable despite being kind of horrible people

Nu males.

Funny seeing all of the newfag redditors come out of the woodworks. There used to be serious discussions about this show on this board until all all of the bitter MGTOW redditors came here in 2014/2015

no cringe as in not funny
>i'm an oldfag I've been here since 2013!

That's not going to work faggot

>It's intentional

good listen, thanks for linking. shame this show can't be discussed here without the bitter women-hating incels sperging out

yea no, take your bullshit somewhere else

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You'd probably be more at home on reddit

Hannah is a giga cunt. I haven't seen the show in two seasons and don't really plan on getting back in, but episode after episode she goes out of her way to ruin everything for everyone around her and when the writer want to make a feminist point she becomes this holier than thou mouth piece that is suddenly witty and strong enough so she knows exactly how to knock down the strawman. The show isn't deep it's just about a cunt who is a cunt to her cunt friends. stop watching it.

You little shit. I knew how great Adam Driver was from S1 while you were making threads about the literally who actor that was cast on your space opera

>Can anyone help me

I agree with you user

Are you considering you love for driver as some sort of accomplishment? Fuck you, fuck girls, fuck off.

I really didn't like the show until I tried watching it again allowing myself to hate all the characters and understanding that they're written on purpose to be assholes and losers. Made it a lot more enjoyable.

(You)

But that's the point of the character. Someone who thinks she knows more than everyone around her but doesn't.
>bites lip and pretends its acting

remember when she had sex with a black guy? remember guys? care about this show now.

NO. I honestly hated this episode's ending. Dunham is trying to blame women stupidity on men, like it's man's responsibility wheter or not a woman gets tricked into touching his dick. She's crossing the line here. The guy did literally nothing wrong.

to be honest I'd fuck the living shit out of Lena Dunham

she lost a bunch of weight and looks pretty good now

>extremely scummy
So men are supposed to wait until woman makes a move? Are you really that stupid? Thats how we operate, thats how we get women. We trick them in to loving it. This show is so fucking feministic. Annoying propaganda.

I didn't know that, I'd bury my face in her asshole, fat or not

You guys are fucking sick.

I don't even know what show this is. I just came here to get high and shitpost.

not only doing that but writing about it in detail years later like it's some kind of cute and quirky behavior

seeWhat the fuck is wrong with you guys?