Second amendament

The Second Amendment doesn’t give you the right to own a gun.

Can we please stop pretending that the Second Amendment contains an unfettered right for everyone to buy a gun? It doesn’t, and it never has.
The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution doesn’t just say Congress shall not infringe the right to “keep and bear arms.” It specifically says that right exists in order to maintain “a well-regulated militia.” Even the late conservative Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia admitted those words weren’t in there by accident. Oh, and the Constitution doesn’t just say a “militia.” It says a “well-regulated” militia.

What did the Founding Fathers mean by that? We don’t have to guess because they told us. In Federalist No. 29 of the Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton explained at great length precisely what a “well-regulated militia” was, why the Founding Fathers thought we needed one, and why they wanted to protect it from being disarmed by the federal government.

Nope. 2nd Amendment says that because we need a well regulated militia, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

End of discussion. Thanks for losing again, I get a free yogurt every time I humiliate a gungrabber.

>Shall

1 - fuck off

2- get better at English grammar. Commas are there for a reason

>lets write down this list of rights
>ok
>"hey i'm one guy, here's what I think about the list"
>DON'T LOOK AT THE LIST EVERYONE ONE GUY SAID SOMETHING SO THAT MATTERS

Everyone man in america is part of the militia

That proves there already is a "well-regulated milita" and you don't need AR-15s.

>be gypsynigger
>try to explain the us constitution to americans
kek

Why are you wasting bandwidth with this garbage, when your sisters/mother need it to whore themselves out on webcams?

English isn't your first language, is it.

"Every citizen has the right to own weapons at home and use them, either for common defense, his own defense, against any illegal agression which would put in jeopardy the life, members or freedom of one or several citizens"

Article X of the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, 1789.

That article was discarded in the final draft for the following reasons :

"The right declared in discarded article X was obvious in its nature, and one of the main guarantors of political and civil freedom, that no other institution can replace."

The writers of the declaration outlined that owning weapons was a natural right, existing everywhere since the dawn of time, making it "a superior and unyielding principle, which forces itself not only upon the authority of a determined state, but to the authorities of all states."

Try to argue the wording of this, gypsy.

first post, best post
gypsy

Nice ad hom you're proving my argument
Not second amendament

What the fuck business is it of yours you worthless gypsy?

>gypsy intellectual's wise interpretation

The First Amendment doesn't grant an individual right to free speech either, if we are being logically consistent here.

Go back to your day job picking copper from cadavers and houses you break into being a shill ain't your call

>Third worlder trying to tell me what my rights are
lmao, call me when your house finally has a working toilet installed

>Not second amendament

The American constitution applies only to the US, as such you have no reason to care about it. The declration of the rights of man and of the citizen is universal, it gives rights to all people all over the world. And it clearly states that all citizens have the right to own weapons and use them for their defense. Which includes American citizens.
Now try to argue this or fuck off.

Prove me wrong.

Back then the word regulated meant "organized". Today it means "controlled" with an implication of the control being federal. A standing army was actually against what the founding fathers had imagined.

Any able bodied man is part of the militia and has an unalienable right to bear arms equal to that of the government. It's really not that hard to understand. How did you even get Internet in your trailer?

A well regulated militia is any citizen over the age of 18 that has signed up for selective services. We do have the right to own guns because the Constitution states that should our government overstep its boundaries, it is the DUTY of the American people to overthrow it.

Get fucked, gun grabber.

>you don't need AR-15s
We also don't need faggots on this board yet here you are.

Here you go faggot.

>The American constitution applies only to the US, as such you have no reason to care about it.
>you have no reason to care about it
>but I do
There's your problem.
2/10 Ms paint

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

It's an improvement out of a 1/10 jpg artifact

your opinions of what is or is not a right in my country are irrelevant. stay small kid

How would the militia be well-regulated if people didn't have guns? Please look up what the fuck well-regulated meant in an 18th century context

Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.

Yeah, basically you are admitting that you are a retarded faggot pathetically attempting to troll Americans over subjects that have nothing to do with you or your shithole.
Kill yourself.

And to everyone else, stop replying to that son of a whore. Let that worthless thread sink.

>polish intellectuals
Back to cleaning shit
Your point?

I can't even handle when shills get BTFO this hard. Makes me giggle!

You are not living in the 18th century tho
>muslim flips out
Color me surprised, intelligent discussions are not for you

>AIDS isn't harmful

>The Second Amendment doesn’t give you the right to own a gun.

yes it does, buttfucker.

This is just more leftist "interpretation" of rights to have everyone else's rights revolve around leftist OPINIONS of what the rest of us can or can't do.

Now go back to being a gypsy who robs the paleskins

>he's never read the Federalist papers

You are showing just how stupid you really are

Sage

>Euroshit armed with plastic knives tries to explain American gun laws meme

>Back to cleaning shit
I'm an American on vacation my gypsy friend. What fucking Polak knows about the US constitution?

kek

It's a conditional statement, even Scalia said that the prefatory clause (need for well-regulated militia) is the clear reason for the objective clause (right to bear arms).

It doesn't, it only specifically says that it exists in order to maintain “a well-regulated militia.”

What is even your intelligent discussion? your entire premise is misunderstanding the quote and then responding to the laziest posts, ignoring everything else.

Thats not very master-race like

Guys, can we talk about something here? I think it's really important.
>The Second Amendment doesn’t give you the right to own a gun.

This is where OP's post should have ended, because he's exactly right. Anyone disagreeing with this is a fucking retard that needs to go back to school

Because the 2nd amendment DOESN'T give you the right to own a gun.
It PROTECTS that right, and prevents the government from taking that right away from you. And that is a right that
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

Nice

Oh look everyone, a Romanian scholar of the American constitution.
>Opinion discarded

How does someone say "shall not be infringed" in gypsy?

You typed your post in English, so we can rule out the language barrier. Maybe youre just retarded?

>Very harmful

It's not even fucking loaded.

your not american so shut your gypo faggot suck hole. nobody cares what you think about our constitution

Mostly ignoring ad hom which most posts are, see

Exactly. This the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Glad you agree.

Saged because unlike some people, I don't actually get paid for this bullshit.

FUCKING THIS.

Rights are not "given" to you. You are born with them.

Once more, not even providing arguments, just lazily baiting.

Your country deserves its reputation.

Again, it clearly says it only exists in order to maintain a well regulated milita.
>You typed your post in English, so we can rule out the language barrier. Maybe youre just retarded?
>youre

>accuses others of ad hominem
>half of their own posts consist of just that

Who the fuck goes on vacation in Poland?

What a sad place to go on "vacation".

Yea, well regulated as in "in working order" and militia as in "citizens of that country capable of fighting"

Why is the reason for it's existence relevant? It exists... If the first part had been 'We fucking like pie, that's why...' the right of the people to keep and bear arms STILL would not be allowed to be infringed.

Exactly, see

Kill yourself, commie.

You are

Youre

Youre welcome.

Read it again

You are

Youre

Youre welcome.

Read it again....slower this time.

That doesn't make sense historically. There has always been a distinction between the regular army and militia.

Balkanization was a mistake.

Well regulated means well armed and in proper working order, ready to go to war. A militia is a self-armed army that is formed on an as needed basis, as opposed to a REGULAR army, which is one that is kept in a state of readiness and equipped by the state.

So in the most strict interpretation, the 2nd ensures that the citizens can own and have weapons of war so that they can create a fighting force, that is self-armed, if ever needed.

My right to bear arms in a state militia has been violated because I'm a disabled trans-canine who literally cannot qualify for any branch of the military.

Checkmate liberals

You're getting off track. It's you're. " ' " replaces the letter "a". Learn some grammar bro

>Very harmful
I don't see what the problem is..... Gun does not have a mag inserted.I The flag is more dangerous since the AR-15 is essentially a plastic bat when without ammo and bayonet.

FPBP. Well done.

seems like this is really none of your business.

>There has always been a distinction between the regular army and militia.

Yes. In the sense that the militia consists of the people who'se right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and the army consists of government employees that are issued weapons by said government.

Are you intentionally trying not to understand it or something?

You're right.
The military is controlled by the government, and the militia is controlled by the people.

The army / military doesn't need to have their right to bear arms protected, because they're being given those armaments by the government itself. The populace, the militia, do though, because they own those armaments.

romania
have we bombed you niggers yet
you on the list now nignog

>2nd Amendment doesn't give you the right to own a gun
You can't be given a right. You can only be guaranteed it. That's what the 2nd Amendment does. Guarantee your right to own a weapon, and no this is not limited to just guns or knives or sticks, to defend your life and property, and your nation if the government is tyrannical or a foreign force invades.

Now shoo.

RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE not RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE IN THE MILITIA

The second paragraph is partially correct. However, armies are composed of citizens too if we were to think like that.
You can't kill people with a flag, can you?

No shit m8
The well regulated militia serves two purposes

1. Scares the fuck out of invaders, because you can't just walk into a town and run around raping the women since every house could have guns in it
2. Scares the fuck out of the government, because they can't oppress a people that can fight back

In context of 2A well regulated means "well armed & trained". Militia refers to men between the ages of 18-45. So if you want to get all literal, 2A DEMANDS that all men in that age group own a military rifle and be trained in it's use. But courts have interpreted it to mean that civilians can own anything short of a full auto weapon, and we can own those if we pay the ATF a $200 tax.

Stupid fucking fags.

You can:
>impale them
>beat them to death with the pole
>suffocate them with the flag
>sharpen the pole and use as a spear

Well regulated in the context of the time that it was written essentially meant "functional"

The militia was all fighting age males

When a militia was called, all members were required to bring their own firearms

Therefore to be well regulated or functional, all fighting age males had to own their own firearms

Therefore...

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

Just gonna leave this here

>Yes. In the sense that the militia consists of the people who'se right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and the army consists of government employees that are issued weapons by said government.
>You're right. The military is controlled by the government, and the militia is controlled by the people.
And ultimately the government is controlled by the people, that's how democracy works. You can refer to the army as to "a well-regulated milita".

Full auto and foreign weapon ban lift when?
I want to own a fucking 2 burst AN-94, which is too new (and largely only made outside the US)

>However, armies are composed of citizens too if we were to think like that.

Armies are not militias, and the Second Amendmend of the United States Constitution does not state that armies are necessary to the security of a free state. Militia are.

can you fags stop replying to shit threads like this? this thread pops up every few fucking days
sage

The people don't control the government retard, we just elect the government
Also, it's a republic, not a democracy you dumbass.

A well regulated bowel being necessary to the sanctity of the bodily humours, the right of the people to shit in the street shall not be infringed.

Now tell me that Pajeet is not allowed to shit in the street because his bowels are playing up.

>It specifically says that right exists in order to maintain “a well-regulated militia.”
That's right, the amendment exists for a reason.

Would you expect them to be made of aliens? Citizens being in a regular army is irrelevant to the definition of militia. A militia is still armed with personally owned weapons and formed when needed.

SHALL

>The second paragraph is partially correct.
So is the first paragraph.

Cry more.

>Full auto and foreign weapon ban lift when?

Literally never... Maybe you can have the Hughes amendmend scrapped but the gun lobby (such ironing) will never allow you lads to import cheap(er) firearms from Europe and Asia... Why don't you just buy Ruger, goy?

NOT

Something something about my cold dead hands

The bit about the "well-regulated militia" isn't even part of the rights outlined in the 2nd amendment, it's just the reason for them. Whether you think this reasoning is flawed or not is irrelevant, as the message of it is "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"
Fucking gypo can't into basic comprehension

NOT

Nice numbers, burger bro

>And ultimately the government is controlled by the people, that's how democracy works.
We're a republic you dumb fuck.

>You can refer to the army as to "a well-regulated milita".
No you can't. Standing militaries and militias and are entirely different concepts.

Why is every conversation about the 2A devolve into leftists attempting to obfuscate the simple meaning of clearly defined words?

An AR-15 is a rifle platform that looks scary but is functionally identical to any other semi-auto rifle.

Every time you pull the trigger, it fires.

If it was made illegal, do you think the anti-gun stuff would only concern the evil black rifle, the AR-15? Hell no, it'd be ALL military surplus semi-auto rifles.

Then ALL semi auto rifles.

Then ALL semi-auto pistols.

Then revolvers

Then bolt actions.

Then fucking nothing.

I don't even like the AR that much, but people actually do USE them in this country for coyote and varmint control, hog hunting (albeit usually in a higher caliber than .223) and even deer hunting.

And if it goes away, it's just the first step.

Also, it's really fucking disgusting that these pieces of shit are trying to pin Islamic terror on American gun ownership. FUCK YOURSELVES, shills.

>Constitution does not state that armies are necessary to the security of a free state. Militia are.
Where? I want to read that.
A common definition of “republic” is, to quote the American Heritage Dictionary, “A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them”. The United States is not a direct democracy, in the sense of a country in which laws (and other government decisions) are made predominantly by majority vote. Some lawmaking is done this way, on the state and local levels, but it’s only a tiny fraction of all lawmaking. But you are a representative democracy, which is a form of democracy.

Should have thrown in a blm flag under harmful to faggots

You can't have a well regulated militia without having the means of fighting back. Since every man is in the militia, we should all have the capability(with ease) an AR15. By not doing so, that eliminates a well-regulated militia.

Keep 'em swallowing user

>Why is every conversation about the 2A devolve into leftists attempting to obfuscate the simple meaning of clearly defined words?

Because that's how they "win".

They make words the reason for bigotry, and weapons the reason for violence.

>Why is every conversation about the 2A devolve into leftists attempting to obfuscate the simple meaning of clearly defined words?

Because if you have to take the amendmend at face value, you can't really reach a conclusion other than that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

They don't start these debates to reach that conclusion, user.