Why is Spain being so mean to Catalonia?

Why is Spain being so mean to Catalonia?

Other urls found in this thread:

democraticunion.eu/2014/05/economic-exception-basque-country/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Castillians and andalucians always hated Catalonia. It's just how things are.

Cataluña una mierda
Vive España

Because Catalans think they're the shit just because they're a bit better than the rest of Spain, so they claim ''muh cultural identity'', just so they can keep a few more shekels

Will they be allowed independence?

I dont speak Spanish, sorry.

Because Catalans are the rudest, most self centered Spaniards in the country. More stuck up than the french, even. They were offered a basque type deal and turned it down because without political grandstanding their pretend political party would crumble and die. .

>so they claim ''muh cultural identity'
Isn't culture important?

>Because Catalans are the rudest, most self centered Spaniards in the country.
>More stuck up than the french, even
More than French? Is that even possible?

>They were offered a basque type
What does that mean?

>Will they be allowed independence?
Hopefully

In very simple terms, the basque country in spain, which also has a seperatist movement, was granted a series of concessions allowing them to essentially handle their own cultural and economic affairs. The separatist movement completely died down, and they are happily part of spain still. The catalans don't want that, they rejected it. They are sad to me, because they identify more with the complaining than with their actual culture.

Do Catalans learn Castilian in school?
Are they 100% fluent?
Do they have an accent?

Why is the US being so mean to Arkansas?

You need to be nice to Catalonians !

>The catalans don't want that, they rejected it.
Are the concessions really useful or just to save face value??

We gave them a President, wtf more do they want?????

They were enough to make the province near autonomous, so long as they maintained taxes, power grid, and military stations.

>so long as they maintained taxes, power grid, and military stations.
How is that autonomous desu?

Well, every region has its own accent
And yes, 100% of the people speak castilian fluently, in fact, i would say that most of the catalans use the spanish more than the catalan language

they have nothing different with the rest of spain aside history
honestly you could put most of europe in one country there would be no problem

Fuck catalonia

>
>
>Do Catalans learn Castilian in school?
Yes, but just 2 or 3 hours a week. Some nazionalistic teachers have ban his use in their classes
>Are they 100% fluent?
Yes, but less each year due to what I told you
>Do they have an accent?
Yes

>honestly you could put most of europe in one country there would be no problem
Prove it, do it.

All economic, social, linguistic, and political decisions are their own. Just keep up with the infrastructure for the country and pay your taxes, and they are free to do what they wish. Not even quebec gets as good a deal.

>All economic, social, linguistic, and political decisions are their own.
>Just keep up with the infrastructure for the country and pay your taxes, and they are free to do what they wish.
How does that work? You get all 'economic' decisions but are still under the economic rules of other 'Spaniards' who arent in Catalonia?

i mean not immediatly but you could do that in 100 years honestly
in France we managed to destroy every regional culture and rare are the larpers. Their only argument is "muh language" and it's the same for scatalonia
literally no different than the rest
I could go to estonia and there would be no diff honestly
they are a christian country just like the rest and ppl are white

> Why is Spain being so mean to Spain?

Because it's Spain.

>scatalonia
>literally no different than the rest
>they are a christian country just like the rest and ppl are white
Bias detected! If French could exist in German work environment then there wouldnt be 2 separate countries.

Wait, I am talking about the Basque country, not Catalonia. As for economic decisions, try this article, it explains better than I can. democraticunion.eu/2014/05/economic-exception-basque-country/

Oh man, I wonder how much longer saying europe is white and christian will last...

>Wait, I am talking about the Basque country, not Catalonia.
But Catalonia was offered a Basque type deal. But they aren't truly independent if Spain has a 'federal' governance over them. Right?

Man, I regret saying this, what am I trying to prove even. Sorry all

LEAVE EUROPE ALONE

Read the article man "The Basque Country was granted autonomy in its fiscal activities, which has worked to its advantage ever since. By being more independent, Euskadi is not as affected by the success or failure of the rest of the country and can introduce its own policies to protect it from economic risks." All they have to do is pay the minimum of tax to the central government.

>All they have to do is pay the minimum of tax to the central government.
That makes them at whim of people who aren't in Catalonia. Not true independence.

I mean...yes? I don't understand your point. I am just describing the deal they rejected. If paying taxes is all you think this is about, you may be viewing this from a US-centric perspective.

>If paying taxes is all you think this is about, you may be viewing this from a US-centric perspective.
Taxation without representation is a human rights crime, am I right?