WONDER WOMAN Spoilers

Is the DCEU saved?

After Superman's death, immortal warrior Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) relocates to Paris, where she later receives a letter from Bruce Wayne asking her to join his meta-human alliance, and replies with an e-mail detailing her life.

Eons before, Zeus created the Amazons to defend Humanity from his jealous son Ares, the god of war, who then enslaved the Amazons. Zeus sacrificed himself to rescue them and lead them to the island of Themyscira, and brought Diana to life from a clay statue molded by her mother, Queen Hyppolita (Connie Nielsen). Desillusioned with mankind, Hyppolita abandoned them.

During World War I, American spy Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) crash-lands in Themyscira while transporting stolen evidence that the German forces led by Kaiser Eirich Ludderhoff (Danny Huston) are developing groundbreaking chemical weapons. Diana deduces that Ares is responsible and chooses to accompany Trevor back to the United States to stop Ares. Before leaving she also steals the Godkiller, a magic sword that can slay gods.

After Trevor presents the evidence to his superiors, he is deployed to Paris alongside Diana and their team - Trevor's secretary Etta Candy (Lucy Davis), an English actor (Ewem Bremner), an Indian sniper (Saiid Taghmaoui), a Native-American smuggler (Eugene Brave Rock) and a wimpy British scientist (David Thewlis) - to stop Ludderhoff and his chief scientist, Maru (Elena Anaya). Diana deduces Ludderhoff to be Ares in disguise and attempts to assassinate him at a party, but is dissuaded by Trevor. She later joins the battle to liberate the town from invading German forces, but the Germans proceed to bomb the town after being driven away, causing Diana to despair at the brutality of men.

Diana and Steve find out Ludderhoff is planning to transport the chemical weapons created by Maru out of France via plane and raid Ludderhoff's fortress to retrieve them. Diana confronts and kills Ludderhoff, only to learn he was only a discipule of Ares. The wimpy scientst then reveals himself as Ares, destroys the Godkiller and defeats Diana. Meanwhile, Trevor sneaks into the plane and sacrifices himself to blow it up and destroy the weapons, proving to Diana that men are also capable of love and courage.

Diana defeats Ares, who reveals she is Zeus's daughter, born from an affair between Hyppolita and him. Diana realizes she is the Godkiller and bangs her bracelets together, creating a shockwave that disintegrates Ares. With his defeat, the war ends, and Diana celebrates with her comrades while Maru and the rest of Ludderhoff's followers are arrested.

Diana concludes her e-mail by revealing that over time it became apparent humanity was corrupt regardless of Ares's influence and chose to leave it behind, but Superman's sacrifice has once again shown her that men can be good. She agrees to join Wayne's team and leaves to help people trapped in a burning building nearby, once again embracing the mantle of Wonder Woman.

>she also steals the Godkiller, a magic sword that can slay gods

Thanks for clearing that up.

shut up reddit

Oh great another cliche capeshit plot

Sounds like shit. Why not give the audience what they want, ie batman and superman v wonder woman where she takes both their super dicks in her ass at the same time!

Now this I can....get behind

So the whole movie takes place in an email?

What crap

>replies with an e-mail detailing her life

so its awful, just like we all expected

>ask woman question
>gives you her fucking life story

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

this post is so fucking sexist

>and replies with an e-mail detailing her life.

General thoughts from recent test-screenings.

>It's an efficient and well-rounded movie but still presents the same flaws from previous DCEU movies. Basically, if you liked "Man of Steel" and "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice", you'll like "Wonder Woman". The tone is also fairly bleak and most similar to "Man of Steel".

>The action scenes are good but overuse slow-motion. Also Diana kills numerous German soldiers, which conflicts with the concept of her wanting to bring peace to Men's World.

>Gal Gadot is alright, but not impressive, and is overshadowed by Chris Pine several times throughout the movie. Pine is reportedly great in it.

>The romance subplot is endearing and Gadot and Pine have good chemistry and banter.

>The supporting cast barring David Thewlis is wasted: Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, Elena Anaya and Danny Huston only serve to deliver expository dialogue, with Nielsen and Wright in particular only being in the movie for roughly 20 minutes. Anaya stands out only because of her character's design. Steve Trevor's team is also mostly useless, although Lucy Davis and Ewem Bremner at least provide some eventual humorous moments.

>Ares's true form is completely CGI like Doomsday from "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and Incubus from "Suicide Squad". He is a towering armored monster with a massive sword, a retractable shield and a skull-shaped helmet.

>The movie ends up Diana vindicated in her hope for humanity and hopeful for the future. Her subsequent desillusionment and abandonment of humanity happens off-screen and is explained in a throwaway sentence.

>Clicks *send*
>"There is not Internet connection" and the e-mail gets errased

>villan is disguised as a evil German officer
Sounds a lot like Captain America

Sounds great! Just i find that her banging her bracelets couldnt tickle doomsday but it disentigrated ares? Please be something more.

kek

2017. What is auto save draft

>proving to her men are capable of love and courage
>nvm I'm going away anyway

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK DC

IF DC KEEPS BTFO OF MARVEL, IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF, MARVEL DESERVES SUCCESS FUCK DC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>The tone is also fairly bleak
When will they learn

>Devoting half a billion dollars of movie to following a shitty, lying storyline from a 20 year old Superman.

Do you think a greek god compares to a resurrected mutation of an evil alien with the blood of a guy that pees in jars

if they picked a proper actress to play WW, i'd shell out the bucks to see it

but instead i'm just going to pirate it, seed it and not even watch it

kek

>After Superman's death, immortal warrior Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) relocates to Paris

She already lived in Paris

I don't doubt there will be the same amount of exposition in the movie

>This is the godkiller sword. It can kill gods.

>Wonder Woman writes out her life story in an e-mail
>Batman replies "TL;DR"

>>The movie ends up Diana vindicated in her hope for humanity and hopeful for the future. Her subsequent desillusionment and abandonment of humanity happens off-screen and is explained in a throwaway sentence.

>loses hope thoughout the movie
>regains hope in the end
>oh shit but she abandoned mankind for 100 years... so I guess she lost hope again somehow

lol, what a fuckup

>"what's this?"
>"it's the god killer sword"
>"what's it for?"
>"killing gods"
>*sarcastic look ensues

THIS IS GODKILLER. I'D ADVISE NOT GETTING KILLED BY IT.

>Her subsequent desillusionment and abandonment of humanity happens off-screen and is explained in a throwaway sentence.

BRAVO WB

No that skeletor can't save anything. Only if pic related ends up good it will be saved. That's the last hope they have.

OP left out the part where Generic General huffs blue gas to get superstrong

*Buy the Extended Edition to find out more!

K thanks Bats, u want 2 know my story? It's too long for Twitter lol

Yep. That happens.

And he has to continuously huff it from a canister throughout the movie.

DUDE WEED LMAO

>Is the DCEU saved?

NOPE

not pretty
pancake body
can't act
ugly voice
she is bald
not made of clay
steve trevor steals the movie

Imagine if they had cast a great actress who could convey the power and humanity of Diana.

Could have elevated the movie.

Steve Trevor spin off when?

VAPE

I'll be a 100% honest here and I hope you cool 4chaners don't totally pwn me for it.

I don't know the conversion or power ratio between evil mutated aliens and greek gods.

Accurate.

>bangs her bracelets together, creating a shockwave that disintegrates Ares.

lmao dropped. shit sounds like an SNL sketch.

>movie ends with an american soldier fighting in a world war called Steve hijacking the german's doomsday weapon plane thats going to fly around the world distributing WMDs but he sacrifices himself by crashing it leaving behind his love interest he met during the war

>Also Diana kills numerous German soldiers, which conflicts with the concept of her wanting to bring peace to Men's World.

Me bring pieci killing all men dicks

fucking OP roadhog heal, nerf that shit

>Her subsequent desillusionment and abandonment of humanity happens off-screen and is explained in a throwaway sentence.

Is it the Holocaust that never happened?

>that scene where the one soldier who survives her massacring his friends turns out to be a young Hitler and her obviously jewish appearance is what leads him to anti-antisemitism

>Is it the Holocaust that never happened?

serious question: if she was so powerful why didnt she kill Hitler? it would have been really easy for her.

>>The action scenes are good

people have shit taste

she doesn't want to commit any more copyright infringement against Captain America

Jesse Eisenberg
Jared Leto

need one more

Reminder that Wonder Woman's villains are so lame that nobody is complaining Dr. Poison was whitewashed

>wonder jewess caused the holocaust
POETRY

What did you expect from a script of these guys here?

Jason Fuchs

Zack Snyder

Allan Heinberg

Geoff Johns

the "throwaway sentence" of her regaining her faith in humanity is Bruce emails her a link to Sup Forums and she gets redpilled that the holocaust never happened

So... they understand women?

At least it's accurate

Worked for Titanic (minus the email part).

>we want to make a period piece war capeshit movie
>but we don't want it to sound like we're copying the first avenger, so it will be World War I even though that was never the case for the character
>we will shamelessly copy the plot of the first avenger anyway

They are even copying the Howling Commandos for fuck's sake

Titanic is also a good movie though.

>
>>Her subsequent desillusionment and abandonment of humanity happens off-screen and is explained in a throwaway sentence.

Is that the reason for anorexia?
she lose faith in humanity?

Wonder Woman was IN the holocaust

>It's an efficient and well-rounded movie but still presents the same flaws from previous DCEU movies.

You mean bad pacing, editing and script issues? THOSE flaws? How the fuck can it be a well rounded movie then?

I don't even know if they like women

Sounds like it's well rounded compared to Suicide Squad. Which is pretty much any other movie.

And if the reception was just lukewarm WB will fuck even that anyway.

What's a woman

>first superhero female movie
>Chris pine gives the better performance and outshines gadot as a secondary character
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DON'T TEST MY PATIENCE Sup Forums AND Sup Forums

APOLOGIZE NOW!

Daily reminder that if you think the movie is saved from critics because of muh feminism, you're in for a surprise

Whoa it's almost like Chris Pine is actually an actor and not a skeleton pretending to live among humans

He should work for Marvel

>>first superhero female movie

I see you fell for their lies

>Diana realizes she is the Godkiller and bangs her bracelets together, creating a shockwave that disintegrates Ares.
Who would be happy with this?

It sounded pretty good until it got to the DUDE THE WIMP IS ARES and I AM THE GODKILLER^TM.

Funny since the best Wonder Woman comics came from men

"3 men wrote, and that's a problem"

Because it will only mightily suck, not mightily suck and get even halfier the audience.

>Who would be happy with this?

Snyder, DCucks in denial

Funny since Wonder Woman was created by a man with a wife who he cucked with a live in girlfriend

It was a threesome
In fact his wives continued to live together after he died

Imagine the quality shakey cam during such an explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't Wonder Woman just bang her bracelets together when she was fighting Doomsday?

Didn't she?

she did, but it only kills gods :^)

Why won't she continue to bang her bracelets together during every future movie?

>an Indian sniper (Saiid Taghmaoui), a Native-American smuggler (Eugene Brave Rock) and a wimpy British scientist (David Thewlis)

This casting exists so that they can have the white guy make a racist indian/native american joke

If this happened, I'd probably think it deserves an award.

Not even for a Sup Forums type reason, but to show the audience that she is the exact beast she is claiming to fight. That her actions breed the monsters of tomorrow. That's a real fucking statement.

If this actually happens I will call the movie kino

>WW helps out against Germans in WW1
>didn't help against Germans in WW2 while killing the jews

really grinds your gears

this. the entire point of the movie is for her to learn a lesson that men are capable of good only for her to suddenly ignore that lesson and be disillusioned with mankind again for no good reason, only then to suddenly learn the lesson again when superman sacrifices himself, even though he's not even human.

will it win an """""oscar"""""?

>suicide squad touted as one of the worst cape films
>surpasses Dr "Iron Man successor" Strange
>wins an Oscar
>Marvelnufags can't let it go

KEK

Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role