Legion Thread

Another Wednesday, which means it's time for a new episode of Legion, which starts in about 30 minutes or so. Tonight's episode synopsis:

>David finds himself in trouble; David's friends search for answers.

This runs until 11:18 and it looks like ratings are solid at a 0.5 with about a million viewers on average, so this could become a thing. In the meantime, you can enjoy for who knows how many times now, The Wolverine.

Let's begin!

Other urls found in this thread:

xmenrebirth.wikia.com/wiki/Mummudrai
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you doing, man?

The O didn't show up in my search. I'll just leave this one here and migrate over.

Can't wait. Anyone have a stream link?

Downloading EP 2 and 3 right now, i loved the first episode but haven't watched the other episodes

just finished ep 3
good shit

The other thread seems slower, so I'll switch back here for now.

Good filmography with this show.

This please. Just realized my roommate left with the Playstation.

Check bretty.

>even thinking of giving him adrenaline

This show is getting really boring

is anyone watching this?

I am, but doing push-ups in between commercial breaks.

yes

Do you guys watch live? Anyone know of any solid streams?

I watch on fios

God this episodes so bizzare I don't know what's going on and I'm getting sick of "confusion" = good thing this show does.

so, like, while the show is on?

I thought it didn't start airing for another 45 or so?

hoping they drag this shit out the entire season and we get a payoff

still inside his mind! The goat turned i to a wolf! ahh!

I've watched every episode live, haven't done that for any scripted show in years

Very interesting episode so far. Looks like headphones girl got sucked into his memory.

oh shit

ITT we figure out the show. step 1 is making a list of all the things we KNOW happened for real. ill start

>

New episode stream starting soon at bretty good dot com

His sister being kidnapped happened for real.

What year does this take place? Why do the soldiers have modern military gear?

this show is starting to become really annoying

Is this based off the movie?

No this from a comic, the movie Legion had a show on syfy called Dominion but it got cancelled

here, I uploaded the comic X-MEN LEGION

66AD4240B253228E94769A080F6CE5B7FF48A516

It's funny watching Redditors trying to relate the show back to the comics as they keep trying to 'predict' what is going to happen

>dude the DYE is the shadow king, I totally know this from the comics and he has telepathic powers and shit
>DYE is revealed to be Lenny/Benny
>uhh... she's the shadow king's persona or something iono but it's totally who I thought it was

>give Cary/Kerry some background info
>kill/injure one of them off in the same episode
jesus fuck off, that's the walking dead level of development

shadow king is the imaginary dog most likely.
i mean he even calls it king

yeah i hate when writers do this. they had 3 episodes to throw in those 2 being related yet wait till the episode she gets shot to tell us.
you cant care about a character's death without knowing anything about said character

I don't like the idea that the DYE is a preexisting comic character, but I also don't see how Lenny being a disguise of the DYE gets in the way of him being Shadow King or Fiend or whoever.

>Parasite
>It is you
Shadowking fags BTFO. Mummudrai confirmed.

xmenrebirth.wikia.com/wiki/Mummudrai

tl;dr:

>Creatures born in the astral plane
>Whenever a babby is formed a mummudrai fights psychically it in the womb.
>Typically the babby wins but if the mummudrai wins it takes over the babby's body.
>mummudrai are basically dicks that want to take over the real world. Also they have psychic powers.

watching in a minute... bump until then

>Dog named King.
>Dog doesn't exist.

>Shadow king confirmed.

I'm actually thinking they could have both in the show now, kek.

Even more entities fighting for control of davids mind.

Lenny is Benny. An actual person and friend of davids who died and was absorbed into his mind. (He is davids friend but also wants to get out of his mind)

The shadow king is the DYE and is a separate entity.

>What did the Stars say?
So I keep thinking about cosmic horror and existential dread everytime this is brought up
Is this something that is mentioned in the comic?

Where do I input this?

>that feel when I am also a "mummudrai"

is legion set in the 70s?

>massive modern magnetic resonance scanner
I doubt it.
But it seems rather ambiguous on where the timeline is set.

In my opinion it takes time somewhere after First Class or even Days of Future Past. Where at the very least the government knows about mutants but not the public at large.

They had the tech to make Cerebro so it's not that far of a thought.

what does this pic want to tell? somebody is watching his astral journey?

oh shit

the MRI was invented in 1971, besides Cary seems to have a Forge kind of ability other than being two people

Episode 4 couldn't have beat you over the head with evidence that Lenny is the Devil with Yellow Eyes any harder.

Benny is a real person
Lenny is the yellow eyed demon who erased Benny from David's mind and took his place

This is hardly even a clue any more coming right after a scene where Oliver tells David his monster waiting outside and we see it outside the ice, and as soon as he leaves the ice there's Lenny with a sickly green mindscape.

Then she makes David angry and that blaring horn that represents the Devil with Yellow Eyes plays as the light turns red and the Devil is actually superimposed right over Lenny's fucking face.

There was a possible clue to their connection back in Clockworks when Syd is leaving, Lenny suddenly stops Syd and asks her to send a candy bar when she gets out as we see a first person view of someone rushing down a hall to see if Syd's room is empty. It was like Lenny felt David on his way and stalled Syd for a minute.

So is Lenny real or not in the first episode? because Syd clearly remembers putting her in the wall

Legion's whole schtick is that his personalities are from people he knew that have died, so she existed then died and became part of his DID

I didn't see it. You're pretty clever.

K I N O

But then Makes no sense, I just don't understand how both Benny and Lenny can exist if Lenny was seen in the first episode by people other than David, yet Benny is stated to exist in the past by someone other than David.

It leads me to think that both of them are real but I don't get how

maybe...
it was always Benny ... but David saw it as Lenny, (or saw he now as LEnny bc his own memory erase) and the others saw her as Lenny bc they are in his head too.

Lenny is some chick he met at Clockworks. She is real. Benny really was a guy from before. Lenny died and is now a part of his psyche. Demon with yellow eyes is fucking with his memories and is putting Lenny in Benny's place for some unknown reason at this point. Or maybe David put Lenny in Benny's place as a defense mechanism for some reason. It will probably explain soon.

He has memories of being with Lenny (and a gigantic picture of Benny's face behind her) before he ended up in Clockworks in the first episode, he sees her as the Devil with Yellow Eyes for a second when they get high and she manipulates him to break into his doctor's office where he then destroys the tape recorder and tapes of their therapy sessions. Which is what got him into Clockworks. So I want to say Lenny/Benny was always the Devil with Yellow Eyes, it's also curious that she would end up in the same mental institution as him.

In the comics David's personalities are capable of existing outside his head in the real world, so someone interacting with characters we believe are "real" doesn't necessarily mean they can't have come from inside his head.

The comics also have David in a mindscape inside his head where nothing is real and his different personalities struggle for control of him, so it's possible literally none of this show has been reality.

or maybe lenny never did become part of David mind and the yellow eyed demon just tricked David into believing that so he could more easily manipulate David
just like how he took the shape of Syd and "sneaked" into his room at night

The effects on this show are really bad.

same could be said about any other show

Just finished watching the episode.
Show will be canceled by the end of this season or till the end of the second.
My teenage brother already gave up on it saying it was too boring and just chatted on his phone meaning they are not keeping things interesting for their audience.

Huh. That is good to know. I figured that if someone else had seen/interacted with that person in the real world then they must have been real. I think because it is a TV show they will try to keep some semblance of sanity between what is real and what is not, but it is always possible they will get crazy with it.

>they are not keeping things interesting for their audience.
they've done tests and normies aren't interested in interesting shows

It's not my image and what the fuck is meant by that one?

Dude whatever I just see whats happening around me,brother was interested up until the second episode but the tonal shifts are way to big,they have way too many things that are still not explained and visuals normal people are not used to see in a TV series.
Unless they wrap this shit up with facts and soon for that matter this show will die quickly.

He's being sarcastic, saying you're pointing out the obvious ya dingus

Checked. Also why is your brother the measure of all things interesting?

I take him as the standard unit of 1 normie.
He is the Chad incarnate,his day to day life is /r9k/ biggest nightmare.

Its pretty spooky to me, it lies in the /x/ophile lore, astral planes, and basically random emotions in your brain, shaping reality around you because of powers. Supremely spooky all around. No wonder he is insane, his random parts of his brain shape the reality around him. Literally causing him to get a real life reaction to his insane ways, which further fuels his insanity. God, the jews and their kabbalah warned me of this.

Oh. Apparently not obvious enough though.