Just got back from watching an early screening of Kong, and it was pretty fucking great

Just got back from watching an early screening of Kong, and it was pretty fucking great.
Fixes basically every problem with the Godzilla movie. 8.5/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7RlOpub89Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=MnT9FcyFiNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We get bait for King of the Monsters? Some post-credits teaser with Rodan and Co.?

What's the post credits scene and are there any other Godzilla references that's all I need to know senpai

Did you feel like they made him bigger so they can plug Godzilla later on or is he still too small for that. He'd have to be close to 300 feet tall for that to be realistic

Godzilla 2014 was really disappointing, so I hope this movie actually did fix the problems that movie had. How much screen time did Kong get? Godzilla had like 8 minutes in his movie

Kong at this point is a juvenile, he's got a few decades to grow to match Godzilla's height.

>Godzilla 2014

Oh yeah, that exists doesn't it?

>first movie isn't well received
>2nd movie copies the marvel formula
MAKE IT STOP

I didn't notice anything that related to Godzilla, or even see a post credit sceneI left because I forgot all about the GvK movie

He's big already and they say that his only a baby, and seeing that this is 40 years in the past, he's gonna be huge by the time he meet Godzilla.

From the very first 5 minutes to the last scene, he's in most of the movie either fucking shit up or doing his own thing, and its great. Also scene where he's not in and it dealing with the human characters are so much better than it was in Godzilla. Monsters roaming the island is great and there's even a giant spider scene.

Lots of Kong screentime. John c reily killed it. Goodman seemed a bit stiff. Movie manages to balance things pretty well, it is a lite-comedy essentially in tone. Some jokes fell flat but others were great. Main characters could have been done tad bit better imo but is in another league compared to Godzilla. Bretty gud, nothing too awful, overall very entertaining.

>John c reily killed it.
>That credit scene
Kino as fuck

Is the cgi shitty?

What was wrong with the Godzilla movie?

what is the final fight of the movie?

Who all dies?

Is Sam Jackson's death bitching?

The monsters look great, but some of the environments aren't that great.

Cgi seemed pretty good, would say it was used pretty heavily though, so it might run thin on non-monster stuff.

It doesn't matter how big King Kong is. He's still flesh and blood. Godzilla is nearly indestructible and shoots an atomic blast out of his mouth. How will this be a realistic fight? Explain using science.

>left because I forgot all about the GvK movie
>forgot about GvK

>Is Sam Jackson's death bitching?

Bitchin'

John c reilly is underrated. Funny as fuck in comedic roles (walk hard, check it out, talladega nights) and great in dramatic roles (gangs of new york , thin red line, aviator). Never seen a bad movie with him in it

Is John C. Reilly good in it? He's actually one of my favorite actors, although it does seem like he goes full on Brule in the trailers. This is one of the few flicks I'm genuinely looking forward to so I hope it's satisfying.

Felt like they teased future alien monsters at one point. !!!!

Does he get eaten, or better yet stepped on?

He's the best character in the movie

>Characters were ass
>Despite being the best character, Bryan Cranston still wasn't that great
>Godzilla barely got any screen time
>Whenever something cool was about to happen it transitioned to a different scene
>The military side of the story was very boring

>Who all dies?
It would be easier telling you who lives.

>Is Sam Jackson's death bitching?

Yes, after the helicopter scene from the trailers, he goes full captain Ahab trying to find and kill the Kong. After everything is done he uses explosives to lure Kong into a trap and incapacitate him, and plant c4 all over him. Everyone is telling to let it go and that Kong is really only defending his territory when suddenly a giant monster comes from the ground and everyone runs away. Sam stands his tried to detonate the c4 but Kong smashes his with his fist.

I seent it too. Agree with the OP, lots of good action featuring Kong. Better movie than Godzilla 2014.

Post Credits is Monarch looking at these drawings of Godzilla and talking about how neat they are etc And then we see Godzilla fighting Mothra, Rodan, Ghidora and some other monsters I don't recognize.

Who lives?

Something like that, character deaths were colorful and pg13 brutal. Best one is a silhouetted one though.

It's a Gareth Edwards film:
- Very weak at directing people unless they're charismatic enough to hold up on their own (i.e. Cranston)
- Not nearly enough of Godzilla onscreen, went too far with the Jaws-style tease-the-monster approach
- Screenplay was hot-potato'd several times and it shows
- With the exception of Cranston's character, almost everyone is paper-thin and generally unengaging, especially Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Other than all that, it was a pretty serviceable film, especially given the circumstances of a fresh-from-indie director being handed the reins to the second big Hollywood attempt at a franchise like Godzilla.

I disagree

Did they fix the CG in this scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=7RlOpub89Ik

Can I get a rundown of the plot?

Wait, we actually get to see Godzilla actually fighting Ghidorah?

how much is wb paying u to shill on a vietnamese cartoon image board

>Post Credits is Monarch looking at these drawings of Godzilla and talking about how neat they are etc And then we see Godzilla fighting Mothra, Rodan, Ghidora and some other monsters I don't recognize.
FUCKING SHIT AND I MISSED IT.

Cave paintings

Explain further

Details, man, details! What'd they look like? We even get a clear look at them, or are they shrouded in smoke/night?

I take it Tom and Brie live?

>Human like body
>Can throw rapid, decimating punches to Godzillas tiny lizard head
>Godzilla misses beam and collapses from exhaustion while Kong can dip around the city fast as fuck

Hmm

Naturally. Brie is qt3.14

I enjoyed the Godzilla movie though.

2/10 b8

Yes. They aren't all fighting him, it looks like a battle royale. You can see them clearly

King Kongs got the grit and moxie. He's been on Skull Island training. Godzilla has just been sitting on his ass getting fat.
Also motivation, Kong fights for white women all over the world. Zilla is just a serial killer he has no soul.

please user, if this is true you've made my worthless existence have some kind of meaning.

how the fuck do some of you fuckers get to see early screenings ? im jelly.

Legendary zilla isn't. You're thinking of gook zilla.

So...confirmed for kaijukino?

>godzilla is at an atm getting cash
>king kong comes outta nowhere and knocks him out in one suckerpunch
>john goodman films it while screaming worldstar

they lie. the movie opens next week and no one really gets to see it early

>Godzilla had like 8 minutes in his movie

Isn't that how it works in all godzilla movies?

So what's the actual plot?

>Legendary Zilla isn't a serial killer
>methodically tracks downa pair of new parents and does THIS SHIT
How is Legendary not a serial killer

hmmm probably.

If you participate in the community, they'll give heads up as they care the most to find this shit, that's how I got it. Got a free tshirt out of it too

The world premier happened recently and the embargo lifts tomorrow

I know there's a bunch of obnoxious samefagging in this thread but people have seen the movie.

All the humans they kill means it's okay because they have a baby?

no. shin godzilla had like 30 minutes of godzilla, just like most of the gookzillas. hell shin was basically 2014 made competently, it even had good human elements which 2014 did not. kickass is the worst actor in hollywood

>it even had good human elements
Which were what?

Nah, they do this shit for press reviews, and let in fans who care enough to wait in line for a couple hours

sign me up homie

Google Advance Screenings.Welp, you'll see for yourself, enjoy it, its a treat

you werent kidding. thanks for letting me know about advance screenings.

main character guy and hot american girl fight red tape beauracracy to find a solution to godzilla, the movie is heavily satirical of the 2011 japan earthquake disaster
meanwhile in 2014 kickass happens to be where godzilla is, stands around, looks for his wife, cant act, stands around. the only interesting character dies like 20 min in

When will this kaiju capeshit be sent back to Sup Forumsmblr?

*half-american

looks like im a bit late but ill keep a eye on this site cool

Here's a run down of the entire movie
Part 1
>Opening starts in '44 with a young John Reilly and an enemy Jap plane crashing on the island and fighting before Kong breaks it up
>Fast forward 28 years and John Goodman wants to go to Skull island because he things monsters reside there
>Recruits Samuel and his army to be his protection
>Once they get to the island they start dropping bombs on it to see if the ground is hollow
>It is and everything is going great then suddenly Kong starts killing everyone
>Everyone gets separated and
>Sam confronts John Goodman and tells him to tell him everything or he'll kill him
>Goodman says that he knew monster were real because he was attacked by one and wanted to prove it to the world
>Tom and Brie gets caught into an ambush by the island people and John Reilly bails them out
>Tells them that Kong is their god and is the only thing protecting them from the monster underground and only attacked because they were waking them up
>Everyone gets back together and Sam is like one of men is out there (You see him get eaten by a Skull monster in the previous scene)
>They go into the Danger Zone and one of while John Goodman is taking pictures, a Skull monster sneaks up to him and eat him whole.
>Also the skull monster spit up the bones and tags of the guy there are looking for.
>Battle ensues and they kill it

Part 2
>Everyone is like like fuck that shit, lets go, but Sam isn't having it. He wants Kong dead.
>He and his remaining men go out to get some explosives to kill Kong
>They incapacitate him with fire and explosives, but before they can kill him Tom and Brie says not to and that he's only defending himself
>Everyone backs off except for Sam who has the Bloodlust and says "Bitch please" to Brie
>Suddenly a giant Skull monster comes and everyone runs except for Sam who is standing his ground to both monsters and tries to kill the 3 of them with c4 he plants to kill Kong with.
>Before he can detonate it, Kong crushes him with his fist and a fight between the two ensues with the Skull monster winning.
>Human characters are running away from the Skull monster and one of the soldiers say he's tried and tries to sacrifice himself to kill the monster by unpinning a bunch of grenades and having it eat him
>Skull monster says bitch please and flings him with his tail into a wall
>Kong returns for round 2 with Brie on support with a flare gun.
>Brie gets herself knocked into a river and Kong saves her
>Skull monster tries to eat Brie out of his hand and Kong rips out its insides from its mouth
>Kong pimp walks away and everyone goes home
>John Reilly gets a scene where he's reunited with his wife and son he's never seen before and get to see the Cubs with the world series with a hot dog in one hand and a beer in the other.

So one movie focuses on the human element as espoused by the US and most westerners, while the other focuses on the human element as espoused by a xenophobic, bureaucratically corrupt easterners.

I have an AMC membership thing, and it emails me about movies that are getting early screenings.
Best part about it is the movies are free too.

>Best part about it is the movies are free too.
This is how it is for everyone, cunt.

no one is about unteresting characters who are doing actions relevant to the plot and the other focuses on a boring guy who happens to be in the right place at all times
good bait though, getting me to respond

thats cool unfortunately i would have to drive 2 almost 3 hours to do that i live in a shit city.

He asked about how I got info and I said AMC emails me it. I never said I get it free because of that, you raging retard

Why'd you add that you get it for free you autistic ball gargler

Shins zilla was as boring if not more so, than zilla14. The characters in shin were generic stereotypes of the genre. Politics is boring. Padding more than 2 thirds of a movie with it is garbage. But hey I'm obviously wrong because a gook made one and a westerner made another, and I know how much you weabs are self loathing betas.

Because it was my first early screening and I was surprised that it was free you fucks nigga

Sounds gay. You probably made this up.

>Human characters are running away from the Skull monster and one of the soldiers say he's tried and tries to sacrifice himself to kill the monster by unpinning a bunch of grenades and having it eat him
This scenes happens in the day time in trailers yet the fire scene with Jackson happens at night .

In a few of the tv spots they even manage to chain up Kong and we see him destroy their base. Wonder why you didn't mention that.

nice b8

Go away you Sup Forums shitstain
Legendary's monster movie will amount to nothing but capeshit with giant gorillas and lizards, meanwhile the actual creators of Godzilla made hims respectable again after a 12 year hibernation.

>respectable
>literally rubber suit with tray holding hands

Kek you can't be held has serious

Shin godzilla was shit. Absolutely shit. I went in expecting all this action, drama and intensity because of all the hype you weabs were shilling yet what I got was a re-skinned 2014 godzilla with more insufferable characters and a cocktease ending.

No that's it. The chains come up during the final battle when Kong gets thrown into a shipwreck by the big skullcrawler. The soldier sacrificing himself is the movie subverting cliches. Similar thing is done when sam jackson says Bitch please to brie

As*

So the final battle starts at night then goes to dawn?

youtube.com/watch?v=MnT9FcyFiNQ

effects so good that you thought it was practical

Yes.
After the scene with Sam, it cuts to another seen with some survivors on a boat saying that its dawn, then it cuts to Tom's group running from it

Yeah, that's literally what happens. The first part happens during night to emphasize the fire and explosions, then switches to dawn for the actual fighting

>another scene*
Holy shit, I'm tired

Entirely cg my man.

You're full of shit, Shin Godzilla had barely Godzilla too in it

What retards like you doesn't understand is pacing, that's why everybody barely notice there's like 15 minutes tops of dinosaurs in the first Jurassic Park movie, or that you barely see the shark in Jaws
Old Godzilla movies have a lot of G in them, but because they are like 1h30 long and that's it

Cutting the airport scene in G14 was a bad move, it's like cutting the T-rex entrance in JP right after it escapes and roars

t. Forgetting about Boogie Nights

and No I'm not saying Boogie Nights was bad, or Magnolia, gd it's great underrated work from him, in keeping with your og post. I'm agreeing w/ yu 100% big guy

>baby godzilla comes on land
>evolves
>fights the helicopters
>comes back on land
>shoots lasers and kills the presidents
>freezes
>wakes up and is frozen again by the goverment
hes in quite a bit

Between a lot of Japanese bureaucracy scenes

I didn't hate Shin G, but I expected a lot more from the guy that made Evangelion. At least the movie has perfect shots and god tier soundtrack

what's dis?

also how many monsters in the movie? i count kong, skull crawlers, a spider-crab creature, oodako, the buffalo and some deer.