Why is this one of the worst managed sites on the internet?

Why is this one of the worst managed sites on the internet?

Because it generates millions of dollars every day without having to touch absolutely anything

Wait until you hear about YouTube tv

Why are they constantly making unnecessary changes?

Ask on Sup Forums, Sup Forumsedditor

there's a team of people hired to constantly """""improve""""" the site so if they don't find things to fuck up in the name of progress they're out of a job

It's been estimated that YouTube actually loses Google money. Features like YouTube Red are efforts to get YouTube out of the red.

It has potential to be another Netflix.

YouTube Red is just that. It will have original content.

>It will have original content.

Can't anyone upload original content to youtube? Wasn't that kind of the fucking point?

>Features like YouTube Red are efforts to get YouTube out of the red
An amusing irony
But I doubt YouTube will ever be "out of the red"

Some content is more equal than other content.

lolno

yes but youtube red pays for that content to be made extra good

Because it has very little real competition. Sure there's plenty of video hosting sites but none of them have even 1/100th of the traffic YouTube does.

>what is sponsored content

>have a virtual monopoly on online videos
>can't make money off of it
What the fuck is Google doing?

It's not. It's one of the best managed sites. It does exactly what it is intended to do.

Your problem with it is what you want out of it (coherent design, ease of use) is not what the owners wnat.

No. You're on it right now.

Because they can get away with it since they know they have no competition.

>(coherent design, ease of use) is not what the owners wnat.

Give me a quick rundown on what you mean by this.

Server and employee costs plus paying content creators more than they make on advertisements. It has allowed them to be as successful as they are and then they figure out how to make it make money. They are able to take the loss for so many years because of Google/Alphabet.

i can't even remember where i used to look at videos before jewtubes. guess i just downloaded the whole thing.

>i can't even remember where i used to look at videos
nowhere, there was no such feature

the guys who developed it were pretty smart, desu. they figured
>hey, we can use FLASH to play videos
>and use ffmpeg to convert any format people upload to flash

now, technically, it's nothing special, you can cook-up your youtube clone in 5 minutes (and you don't even need flash nowdays, can make it webms), but the insight itself should go down in history.

ebaumsworld and stupidvideos.com i used to go to

Because it's managed by artificial intelligence.

>It does exactly what it is intended to do.
Lose money?

This. I don't know what the fuck the recommended videos algorithm is doing half the time.