Go to completely alien moon

>go to completely alien moon
>find human face
>go to completely alien planet
>find wheat

Will the next movie be about an alien ship full of iPhones?

Is Ridley utterly incapable of conceiving anything truly alien and unfamiliar?

not related but that cover is such shit. looks like some late night sci-fi channel bullshit movie.

which it kinda is

>humanity is the product of the engineers
>WHOA, WHY DO THE ENGINEERS KEEP COPYING HUMANITY? JEEZE RIDLEY

i watched prometheus again recently, forgot how good the body horror was in it. i remembered it being super boring and uneventful. 7.5/10. not an alien movie though.

The whole point is how familiar yet terrifying the alien/engineer shit is. They made us. They made the Xenomorphs. We're they're pet projects. Gotta keep your pets fed.

>be on spaceship
>have an axe
WTF Ridley?

You understand Prometheus is about humans being created by aliens, right?

you realize the planet they're on with wheat is from noomi crash-landing there and planting crops to survive, right?

>Go to an alien planet
>Don't bring an axe
how stupid would you have to be

it's for harvesting the wheat

Must be some tough wheat

of course its space wheat

Warrior
Apprentice
In me

The wheat master

>Can you believe people way back when used to use these things without a plastic tactical grip? Absolutely bonkers!

I'm betting the hooded person in the trailer is Shaw or David and they used the engineers ship from the first movie to terraform the planet

prometheus too: electric wheat oogaboogaloo

>no biomechanics at all
>shitty insect/lizard design from alien4 and the vs movies

fuck it all. you'd think Scott would have a bit more respect for Giger than that.

>flying in light years
>no superior tech to replace an ax
we have laser cutters in the present wtf

>tfw too intelligent to eat meat
wheat! not meat!

>gluten is an evil alien conspiracy
Is this the final red pill?

When will you fucks realize you stick with Alien and never watch another movie of the franchise EVER?
I only ever saw Alien, liked it, and hear everyone bitch about the other movies.
To me, I got the good movie, and I never have to see this shit or Prometheus or fucking Aliens or Alien 3.

>be OP
>Ignore sentence questioning who planted wheat
>Completely Alien
>David

Check em...

Because this is a predecessor to the Alien the see in the original film. This is the first of a trilogy that will tie in with the original.

>go to alien planet
>taking off your helmet outside your ship
>ever

But this is perfectly fine

Good on you. I hope for your sake that you never saw Terminator 2 as well.

Aliens is a good movie though.

fucking terrible post, leave my board.

you want the full scoop of the alien series? here you go

Weyland-yutani corp, under the guise of a humanitarian mission, enlist a crack team of agronomists/space marines to find and secure a world with a wheat strain that produces a 400% greater yield and matures at twice the speed. However, the xenos, who act as intergalactic scarecrows to protect the precious wheat, fight back to defend their crop. After much bloodshed, the WT team leave with a bushel and seedlings of the über-wheat, but crashland on a planet killing all those aboard, and spreading the über-wheat over the planet. It is so successful that it chokes out all the other vegetation on the planet, turning it into a barren wasteland. The engineers, looking for their stolen crop and wishing to maintain a monopoly on the wheat market, crash land into the planet in search of the über-wheat, which is revealed to be LV426. This then leads into the original alien film, as WT corp has secretly diverted the nostromo in search of the über-wheat. Only parker, a high level operative of WT corp, and Dallas, are aware of the true nature of the mission, which he constantly alludes to as the 'bonus situation'. This is why dallas breaks quarantine on kane, in the hopes that he has retrieved a strain of the über-wheat. Ash is infact a redherring in regards to his mission, diverting the crews attention from the über-wheat to the xeno scarecrow.

Additionally, this is why the colony is commisioned to terraform LV426 in 'Aliens', as well as their reluctancy to nuke it from orbit. By 'Aliens' the earth government has, naturally, joined WT venture into securing the über-wheat, seeing its benefit for earths position in the galactic heirarchy, and goes to extreme lengths to secure it, explaining the lresence of space marines and the sulacco, as well as the attempted retrieval of ripley (who is assumed to be hiding the über-wheat) in alien 3.

Ridley Scott took a masterpiece of Lovecraftian horror and decided "this franchise needs more Chariots of the Gods ancient astronauts bullshit like every other fucking Sci-Fi franchise in Hollywood"

Great song.
Everyone else is a faggot

I got the impression from the trailer that chronologically speaking, she finds the hanging dogtags at some later point in the movie solidifying the suspicion the planet had been previously visited. ( by humans )

The wheat is just an early hint that they might have been sent in to spring a trap or something like that.

I want to believe

Scott is a hack. He got lucky with decent script in Alien 1979, he got based P.Dick story for Blade Runner.
He can build a picture, but nothing more.
Alien is wasted now. Forever.