Luke Skywalker

Say if Luke managed to beat Vader on his own by a fluke, how would he be able to beat the Emperor? Did Yoda and Obi-Wan have a plan for that? They basically sent him to his death to be roasted alive.

bigger luke would have a slightly bigger chance of winning but you're right. he would have lost 99 times out of 100.

Luke was simply planning to die keeping the emperor onboard if he couldn't defeat/convince Vader, as the exploding death star would most certainly destroy all three of them.

How much ampere does Sheev's lightning have?

If you think about it, Yoda and Ben are really shitty people. They do nothing for decades, pick up a naive kid, and basically send him to his death.

"No more is there to teach." Bullshit. Blocking force lightning could have helped, Yoda.

>Muh plot
>Muh movie
>Muh deep thinking
>Muh children's movie
>Muh retard
>Muh ewoks
>Muh prequels

The rebels might have beaten the death star by it's flawed design but how the hell did they beat the entire imperial fleet?

Not to mention Obi Wan lied to him.
>Well, I mean he was dead to me.

Less than .5amp for sure

Han, did I ever tell you about my plan to rescue you from Jabba the Hutt? I sent the rich politician and well known smuggler Lando Calrissian in to go undercover as a mob boss grunt for like a week. He could have also been easily recognized by someone in Jabba's posse (Boba Fett for instance) and killed. We also sent in our strongest warrior as a prisoner, even though he might just be instantly destroyed. I also sent in our droids as a cheap gift, totally unequal to your life. I also put my only weapon inside on of the droids, on the off-chance you might be on a barge in the middle of the desert and the droid might be in a position to shoot my lightsaber to me. If Jabba accepted my offer, then I would have lost my lightsaber forever. I also sent my sister in disguised as a bounty hunter, to pretty much openly threaten Jabba with a grenade for some reason. Good thing I planned for Jabba to take out his sail barge and put Leia into a metal bikini with a thick chain so she could strangle him to death. Finally, I went in myself completely unarmed, to attempt to use a cheap trick on Jabba. It didn't work and I was almost killed by a Rancor. We were all captured, but we were all shipped out into the middle of the desert, where everyone was perfectly placed to help me rescue you. Luckily, no-one was killed or even harmed before we got to the desert, or the whole thing wouldn't have worked. You are a good friend.

>muh muh

this shit ruined RotJ more than the Ewoks did upon recent rewatch. None of it made any fucking sense.

"I don't need my lightsaber. I am a Jedi-"

"Oh shit, dad, help!"

Wasn't the whole point of attacking the forest moon base to disable the shield and access some fuckhuge gun? Maybe that's some video game shit.

it's a good thing this looked cool because this was prequel tier

Bigger Luke = bigger body = more living tissue = higher midichlorian count = more powerful
I think he stood a fair chance

>General Madine: Skywalker, I have a squad of elite rebel commandos to accompany you on your mission to rescue Princess Leia and General Solo.
>Luke: Nah, I'm good.

I just started watching the whole series of movies using the "Machete Order." Am I doing it right?

it's not like he had any other purpose other than being everyone's pawn and potential sacrifice

I don't think Luke went in knowing he would win. He was pretty much banking it all on saving his father, and getting his help.

This

Luke didn't think he was coming back

>build a death star
>literally gets destroyed mid-construction by an autistic 7 year old flying an x wing
>build another death star
>gets destroyed right after construction by that autistic kids son
>gets destroyed again mid-construction by a random black guy from bespin
>gets destroyed right after its construction by an retarded wookiee

>mfw we're going to see another death star get JUST'd in our lifetime

This would work if II wasn't a terrible movie and I takes a giant crap on it.

I'm confused as to why you think a droid control ship was a death star

>They basically sent him to his death to be roasted alive.
They didn't send him, though. Both Yoda and Obi-Wan wanted him to stay on Dagobah and complete his training, but he was baited by his friends being captured into being the hero. The next time Yoda fucking sees him he's on his death bed. Luke didn't even expect to confront the Emperor, he wanted to confront Vader on Endor because he had faith in the Force and the good he still felt in Vader; you could tell he was surprised and worried that Vader was so quick to decide bring him to the Emperor.

So both of those dangerous, potentially galaxy-effecting encounters, weren't from Obi-Wan or Yoda sending Luke anywhere, they were because of Luke being an inexperienced, impulsive optimist who turned out to be lucky.

Actually the Ewoks aren't bad, and actually make sense for the role they played in the film. The supposedly elite Imperial force had no excuse to disregard indigenous natives except that nobody would take rock-chucking teddy bears seriously. That's what made them work; now of course it could've been executed better, atleast a few scenes showing the Ewoks organizing and marshalling their forces, and setting up and deploying traps and ambush positions. But in general I think people rip on the Ewoks too much, because they just see things at face value, or they parrot some other criticisms about it (like kids spouting off the "they were there to sell toys" arguments when they weren't even alive to have been marketed those toys.

Machete Order ignores 1 altogether, you do 4,5,2,3,6

Watch them in episodic order or in release order. Any other order is memetic bullshit.

I know... and I is a much better movie than II. Who wants to watch shitty duels and shitty romance when you can at least watch a visually pretty movie with good action and duels?

Not to mention Ep. I both shows who Anakin initially was, and also shows who Obi-Wan is and how he was influenced by his mentor. Retarded as fuck throwing out Episode I.

Vader's force ghost would have shown up and pointed him toward Wayland where he would recruite Luuke Skywalker, Luuuke Skywalker and Luke Skyywalker (all played by Eddie Murphy) to team up and take down Palpie.
Featuring Adam Sandler as the voice of Gribbit the Ewok.

Also a fluke, a pilot crashed into the bridge of Vader's Super Star Destroyer. Having lost their command ship they got so disorganized they were soundly routed. Also, when the Death Star blew up again they lost the ace up their sleeve vs capital ships. That's how I imagine it at least

The now non-canon Thrawn trilogy explained it as battle meditation. The Emperor uses the Force to influence the entire fleet and ground forces to work more efficiently (all the time, everywhere), but once he died all that if extra help went away.

are you kidding me? ewoks are fucking retarded and testament to george's autism being present during the original trilogy. they were about to eat everyone and then decided that C-3PO was a god and then let them all go. Then, somehow they go full mcauley culkin and booby trap their planet and manage to completely fuck up trained imperial stormtroopers armed with sticks and rocks incurring virtually no losses. you're telling me that an imperial legion was able to completely steamroll a fully prepared rebel base on Hoth and then get absolutely buttraped by a bunch of literal teddy bears jerry with jerry rigged twigs on their home turf? How was the empire even able to set up a base on Endor anyway if these teddy bears could just assrape them with falling log traps?

He always knew his old man had his back. There wasn't much good left, but he left it up to the force, and his dad pulled through and fulfilled the prophecy.

>showing that stormtrooper armor doesn't even block arrows
>getting killed by rocks thrown from 10 feet above them
>getting instantly strangled to death by rocks with ropes thrown at them
>getting killed by what looked like light taps with stone-age clubs
>more Ewoks kill stormtroopers than the rebel troops
>Ewoks chosen instead of originally planned Wookiees
The logs tripping and crushing the walkers made sense but everything else was complete shit.

Try release order, but chronological order also works really well. Except for VII, you can't make sense of that shit without waiting 20 years before you watch it.