Did he do the right thing, Sup Forums?

did he do the right thing, Sup Forums?

I still disagree with him for throwing that trash can. But I get why he was upset. And I mean, who did do the right thing in that movie?

I watched this for the first time a couple months ago and was blown away at how relevant it is, despite the fact that it came out years before i was even born. Before i saw this i thought movies about race were basically Remember the Titans. But this movie really made you sympathize with everyone. Goddamn its so good.

No, he chimps out on a guy who understandably got angry at an autistic gorilla blasting his music in the guy's pizza shop.

Oh, and then he has the nerve to go back the next day and ask for his paycheck.

>he has the nerve to ask to be paid for the hours he worked
golly

Do The Right Thing is the MGS2 of race-baiting

He chimps out on the store. That's what's meant to be the source of ambiguity. If he'd attacked Sal and his sons the mob would have torn them apart with him, but instead he went for the building. Maybe the best thing to do would have been to not attack anything or anybody but at least nobody else died.

is this the only good spike lee movie?

He destroyed his boss's business. You'd think he wouldn't bother coming back after that.

I dunno if Mookie is completely sympathetic
He keeps slacking off on deliveries that literally take 5 minutes to walk to, doesn't see his baby momma for a week, trashes his place of work - does he even apologize for that btw? I guess there's a mutual understanding between him and Sal at the end, but still

It's a pretty great film anyway, I miss this Spike Lee, not sure why it needs to be 2 hours though

Also what's the deal with the retard?

Desegregation was a m______e.

EEEEYYYY MOOKIE GIMMIE SUM MONEY

But he did come back, and confronted Sal head on. And then when he tried to overpay him Mookie only took what he was owed.
Yeah, Mookie's a young, lazy underachiever. But that's kinda why I sympathize with him. The characters aren't supposed to be perfect but at least you can see where you're coming from. Even Sal's racist son just wants to be respected by his friends and family.

No clue what the retard was about.

>did he do the right thing, Sup Forums?
I can barely remember the details of a movie I say last year.

>Released 1989
Yeah. The only details I remember are Rosie Perez saying Mookie, and Spike rubbing ice cubes on someones nipples.

Nobody did the right thing, except for maybe the old black guy.

If I remember right the retard was an actor Spike Lee knew who kept busting his balls until he got a small part in the movie which was written just for him. I don't think he's supposed to be of any real consequence, but his posting the picture at the end does a good job of drawing attention to how stupid the issue that set everything off was.

The mayor got a nine year old to buy him booze.

Wait.... why did he do that again?

Nah. Chi-Raq is also good.

And some of his white movies are good too, like Inside Man.

Not sure, the Koreans never banned him and they didn't have his favorite brand anyway.

I dunno, he's a drunk so it's his own warped logic. I guess he sobers up throughout the day and makes the right choices.

What was the point of Phil Leotardo's cameo also?

Who is that? I don't watch nigger shit.

Fun fact: The reason the scene where Spike rubs ice cubes on Rosie's breasts is framed so strangely is because she was crying since she felt so uncomfortable.

This is some Tommy Wisseau sex scene tier shit.

it's the only one I've seen desu
been meaning to watch Malcolm X for years, but that 3+ hour runtime is really offputting

I don't remember this 100% accurately, but what the fuck is with the scene where he just decides to leave work and go home and take a shower?

is this like what spike lee thinks white people do at their jobs?

You sound like a retard

I literally leave my job all the time to go to pick up booze or to go grab food from a restaurant.

Only perk of being a wage slave is that the standard is so low that you can pretty much do whatever you want.

this is like one of the few movies where everyone is an unlikable asshole

the scene was by far the weirdest part of the movie

I WILL NEVER WATCH ANY OF THIS NIGGER'S MOVIES

>Spike Lee has remarked that he has only ever been asked by white viewers whether Mookie did the right thing; black viewers do not ask the question.
>Lee believes the key point is that Mookie was angry at the death of Radio Raheem, and that viewers who question the riot's justification are implicitly failing to see the difference between property and the life of a black man.
What did he mean by this?

25th Hour