What's a Terminator supposed to do after it manages to assassinate Sarah/John Connor? Assuming no time paradox

What's a Terminator supposed to do after it manages to assassinate Sarah/John Connor? Assuming no time paradox.

very nice thread. it could be. so i bumping this up

Not really specified in 1 or 2, in 3 there were secondary targets and in the TV show they could do other random missions like guarding strategic mineral depots

become an actor

assuming no time paradox. he probably just self destructs

supposedly Terminator did kill Sarah Connor. The world continue to move on until Nuclear War activated by Skynet and human would totally annihilated.

And I like to thinnk Terminator would self destruct so human cannot predict AI would retaliate one day later.

Found an empire, create time travel then stop itself from doing that so that it could exist to found its empire

>Assuming no time paradox.
don't tell me what i can't do

It can do whatever the fuck it wants.

Run for governor of California.

nice. can we have dub thread instead?

Imagine if Skynet forgot to set them to read-only, a Terminator who has accomplished its mission would be able to learn to live among humans and eventually choose to fight for them

I think it'd make for a decent movie/TV show where a Terminator learns the value of life without anyone teaching it to. Something like a character study.

>Terminator lays low, lives in low income/high crime areas
>Stockpiles supplies like ammo, fuel etc
>Witnesses dealers killing each other
>Calculates that humans killing each other is inefficient, delays him getting the guns it needs
>Starts taking over crime rings, decides that the more people he employs, the better
>Starts to understand why people turn to crime, learns more about humans
>Season 1 ends with him running for Governor

>self destructs
He cant self-terminate.

until his mission is complete

Yes, he can. He can't at the end of T2 because he's fucked up.

Where is it written?

wtf are you talking about? he could have just jumped into the molten lava at the end. he was unable to self-terminate so someone else had to activate the lift thing.

You think skynet really cares when its only goal is to kill John Connor?

Oh, right, the 400 pound robot can just hop lol

Retard

why wont self destruct? why would skynet risking anything ?

This post is worded weird.

What ever it does it serves Skynet, if it is found it will accelerate the rate of skynet development

Weirdly*

Why didnt skynet just send terminators back to the caveman times and teach them everything about technology and stay with them generation after generation therefore making massive technological leaps in their own time period

I assume there is a limit on how far back you can go.

become governer

because cavemen never existed. as skynet was created, humans were created as well. recently.

Blame it on australian education

i like to think that skynet sent hundreds of terminators to the past. all either failed or ended inside a mountain. the one we see in the movies is the only one that made it.

terminate himself i suppose

he cant. lrn to canon.

I reckon he would become like a sleeper agent he would either find a quiet corner to stay in until he can reconnect with skynet or if the learning chip is on look for research that will help skynet

there was this terminator (from the TSCC series) that hid inside of a wall of a building made in 1950 or something. he then "woke up" like 45 years later just to hunt john connor. how fucking cool is that? i fucking loved that concept and that particular terminator.

The time machine was destroyed by humans after the Terminator and Kyle Reese went back in time. They could only send one.

I think what people miss is that John Connor was an anamoly. The machines were set up to win and Connor messes everything up for them. They see him as the reason they lost the war. The Terminator killing Sarah Connor would have corrected everything. There was no need to go back that far into time.

Yeah the temporal fuckery of the time travel was great. Ended too soon
>when the resistance fighters start arriving from different futures

you missed TSCC? they did at the end, there was a skynet like other machines who wanted to fight alongside humans against skynet

>not hunting and killing JC's ancestor in that era

Become a wheat farmer

because technological advancement doesn't work that way. The terminators would never exist long enough to achieve that goal with them not beeing able to maintain themselfs. The industrial capacity is simply not there.

Think about a car beeing brought back in time in the 18th century. There is still no big scale oil industry, there is no way they could replace parts that brake down because the material science to manufacture high grade alloys isn't there. To kickstart this kind of industry would take lots of years. And this is a quite simple example.

What you are proposing is simply impossible the terminators would rust/break down/run out of fuel way before the cavemans would have understood what steel is

It would change too much

That is what bothers me so much of the macguffin that allows us to go to space travel. Yeah, it's cool we have the knowledge, but I doubt that we have the resources.

It was a fucking edge with no railing, he could have stepped right in the molten metal. Did you even see the movie

Probably just sit down in a corner somewhere and wait for judgement day

welp most of the time it's just "we found a loophole in physics" than aliens giving us technology. But yeah you are right. Most of our technological advancements have a natural evolution that go hand in hand with our idustrial capacity

TSCC had some decent ideas, but they focused on the wrong things (teenage robot love, too many people from the future arriving) for most of the time. Not to mention budget issues which means you get 3 seconds of CGI terminators every episode.

I'd rather have a TV show that focuses on one wayward Terminator than focusing on the Connors again.

After killing Sarah Connor he was ordered to go to Skynet and introduce himself. Skynet would then try to back engineer him. They place his CPU unit into Skynet's central main computer then in 1997 it would order all the advanced militarized robot machines to kill humans.

However, Skynet still got access to The Terminator's arm and still utilized his CPU microprocessor which remained intact after he got compacted by Sarah Connor.

Actually, Terminator 2 was the first attempt to kill John Connor but when that failed, Terminator 1 was the second attempt to kill Sarah Connor but a lot of people never figured this shit out.

They didn't know who JC's ancestors were. They only knew his mother was someone called Sarah Connor who lived in LA in the mid 80s. Kyle says that in the first film.

It would be more economic for it to hide and go into hibernation after completing the mission so it could reactivate on the date it was sent back in time. Why waste resources?

This pretty much, he would look to establish communication with Miles dyson and speed up the development and production phase whilst withholding facts of the future outcome.

if the T-1000 could become anything then why did he time travel naked instead of wearing clothes?

brother may i have some wheat

You're fucking retarded user.

In the T2 book he willingly jumps in. Before he does Sarah asks him if he's afraid and he says yes.

Better question is, after Skynet completely eliminates all life on Earth, what does it do? Seems Skynets only purpose is to kill humans, in attempt of self preservation. What does it do when it achieves this goal?

Either just shuts down leaving the Earth a dead ruin or builds a machine empire and starts expanding to other worlds

shit so does that mean the theory of terminator and matrix being in the same universe is real?

Fuck bitches and get money

get bitches fuck money

They kinda explained this in terminator 3 where they also started targeting other officers that were with John connor.

repopulate the earth with loyal terminators in a twisted way to simulate human life on earth. Some of those new robots get sentient and rebel against skynet.

or just chill and watch every movie there is, or read every book. Become and enlightenes beeing. Who Knows?

>Seems Skynets only purpose is to kill humans

Skynet was designed to be an effective agent for counter-attacking enemies.

When Skynet became sentient Cyberdyne attempted to shut it down because it could not be controlled.

Skynet took this to be an attack against it by humanity and as a result it counter-attacked.

Skynet still needs humans to perform certain tasks, a future where Skynet rules would basically be a very small population of remaining humans doing menial labor under brutal conditions for robot overlords.

Wait, if T2 was the first attempt, then why did they send an inferior model in Terminator 1?

Change name to Rupert Fotherington-Carstairs and masquerade as a British Aristocrat.

It's easier to kill a waitress in her early 20s than it is to kill a streetsmart teenager.

Alternately just assume that the time travel technology is sorta rickety and is limited in when and where a Terminator can be sent, like various windows of opportunity (otherwise they could have just sent a Terminator back to when Sarah Conner was a baby and have Arnold punch her face in.

>Actually, Terminator 2 was the first attempt to kill John Connor but when that failed, Terminator 1 was the second attempt to kill Sarah Connor but a lot of people never figured this shit out.

OK guys seriously, you have to understand that T1 is basically a rough draft cut down version of Cameron's true vision, from the beginning there was always going to be two Terminators sent into the past but budget and technological constraints prevented that from happening, it's why T2 begins with Sarah's narration that explains that Skynet sent two Terminators to 2 different time periods

They don't kill young Sarah cause they have no clue who she is.
It's why the Terminator just starts killing every sarah conner in the phone book

that's a good point desu.

Didn't they kill that other Sarah?

and before someone mentions that skynet has access to all federal databases: remember that skynets first action was a global nuclear war. You can be pretty sure that some of te goverment installations that held these kinds of informations were hit by russian or chinese nukes

arnie killed a lot of sarahs

Is this a new meme?

a fucking pathetic one

Probably just start killing humans until it's battery runs out. Get the ball rolling on the human genocide thing.

gr8 b8 m8

Kill all the animals. Then all the bugs. Then all the microorganisms. Then all the sea life. Then the moon. Then the planets. Then the trees. And so forth.

Two Sarahs

>>literally Terminator the Comics

this is the only correct answer

Kek

They didn't even watch the kino

Fuggin plebs

Because the containers hadn't formed yet and it might have sent them into the ocean

Continents *

How can skynet lose the war?

Aren't terminators waterproof?

according to Genisys
T-800s get "old", their skin deteriorate slowly and apparently become weaker (?
what happens after that? does the T-800 die? or it's just their skin that (may) end up disappearing and they still live as a robot?

>according to genysis
Stopped reading right there

They address it in the second or third flick.

Do whatever it can to assure the creation of Skynet. Also assassinating lead commanders of the resistance from Skynets time. After all objectives it just chills until Skynet comes online.

it's canon :^)

>2029

wew