What the fuck do I do

>18
>white
>male

I want to do something worthwhile with my life.

Trying to decide on a major for college but not if that is just a waste of time and money.

Would want to be a historian if I had a choice but job prospects are shitty.

My entire family is cucked and my mother said her life would 'be over' if I joined the military.

Any Sup Forumsacks in similar positions?

What do?

Enlist in the military.

>considering joining the military
KEK

>my mother said her life would 'be over' if I joined the military
Your mother is worthless. Do what you feel is good for you, and don't end up in debt.

Make Trump Memes

Don't major in history. There is no future there beyond teaching it or going into law school. Study it as a hobby and shitpost about it on Sup Forums, but do not go spend tens of thousands of dollars so you can prove you know the Egyptians weren't black n sheit

I used to want to do the same thing, but was talked out of it by people with history degrees. Now I am about to graduate with a Finance degree. It has good job prospects and allows me a lot of mobility economically since every business everywhere has a finance department.

My advice is to focus on learning a skill that you can get paid for. Use the money you make there to put toward whatever you want to "do with your life" until you can do that full-time.

Go into STEM

Dear user, asking for live advice on Sup Forums is like asking Adolf Hitler about the best way to make gefilte Fisch for your Bar Mitzvah.

this, dont let your mom raise an upatriotic piece of shit son and enlist

Any mother that will accept their child joining the military is worthless whore. Soldiers are scum.

Become an electrical engineer.

Leaf strikes again, how about you get off Sup Forums and go have sex with your dog.

That's illegal, you are only allowed to give blowjobs because animals go their whole lives without sex 90% of them.

Invent something worthwhile and sell it for as much as you can get.

Move to an island and stop giving a fuck about anything

Y same. Going to join the army then join the kurds and fight isis. Or just kill myself desu. Working isnt my thing

>Just invent something and get rich

Hydrology, we're running out of wadah

r-rare?

It worked for him.

If you legit want to Jedi some sand people, go for it. Your mom will get over it, they always do. If you want school, do a STEM.

Honestly, learn a trade that can't be outsourced.
Leaf out.

getting a few mill for an invention is pretty easy to do desu senpai

Go in the field of medicine.

It takes time and a fuckton of student loans but you will be able to pay it back easily.

Don't get some meme degree in feminist dance studies or "psychology"

learn more please.

Are you idiotic? You need TONS of money to pay the professors to pass you.

Pre-law or business

>law
KEK it's a bankrupt industry.

I value my family. Other than that, I'm in a similar position. Here's my take on it.

Engineering is your way out and redemption. When you pull trough you'll have cash and good working hours.

DO NOT go anywhere near social studies, history and those other university scams. You can learn that more efficient on your own later.

Enlist, if you're really concerned about being in danger join the Air Force and do some cushy desk job

Only go into law if you're going into a specified field of Law.

Get a degree in some kind of engineering then get a law degree and go work for GE. Enjoy your $1 mill salary starting out.

Buy a gun, big truck (F150 is preferred) and a rocking chair.

Now you're officially white.

drop out & watch anime dude

engineering

robotic

computer science

programming

medical
everything else will be automated out in 20-30 years

Accounting better than finance unless you make it big in investment banking at 21.

If you got to 18 and don't know what to do, you're a dumbass. Join the military like I did faggot. They paid for me to travel the world for 10 years. I have 180K in the bank, 2 associates and a bachelors they paid for.

Sup Gundam.

fuck you faggot ass italy, go get fucked by you migrant guests.

If you're smart, then STEM is the way to go
If you're dumb, try nursing or law
Obviously, you only go into the military if you're a complete waste of flesh.

That was me years ago.
I got into the Electrical trade.
I was always terrified i'd get some shit white collar slave job in a cubicle somewhere. As an electrician I get to think abstractly and build things so it really feeds into my restless brain.

Young white men need to be learning these skills...The globalists don't want you to have bankable skills, they want you to acquire debt and worthless degrees. Do you want this country built and maintained by mexicans?

Post perfect Zeong sexy legs with timestamp.

Enlist in the Navy for 4 years. That's what I did when I was your age. Gave me perspective. Time to think about my future.

I loved my time in the Navy, I wouldn't change anything. GI Bill is a plus if you're looking for college money. But the experience and reflection is everything.

OP, you sound like me when I was 18.

Also, my mom said similar things. But she got over it as soon as I told her I had a boot camp date. She was on board.

It's your life. Don't be the cuck.

>Latvia
>Has electricity

join ISIS lol

Say you're gay, jewish, and mixed race (after you get your 23andme results) on your application to the university, so you can get a full ride.

You're right, but I couldn't stand how fucking boring accounting work is. Finance has some excitement as a subfield of sociology - trying to measure human uncertainty/fear, trying to follow current events to figure out how to allocate funds. It is all very interesting to me. Accounting is way too empirical and cold-cut, although it's very lucrative if you get a solid base of clients who pay you to do their numbers.

My parents forbade me from enlisting, I did it anyway. They got over it eventually. Don't let people dictate what you should and shouldn't do.

OP here, someone said Hydrology and I've been looking into it. Seem bretty gud so far.

Anyone here in a geoscience field? I want to do something useful and respectable.

Keep the recommendations coming, very helpful so far.

OP again, forgot to mention I've been looking into trades and the military as well.

Did a bit of ROTC in High School, obviously nothing like the real thing but gave me a small taste.

If I still haven't made anything of myself in November AND Trump wins then fuck it I'll enlist.

user work out and build up your muscle mass. Get a certification to work on a oil rig making money. Then do whatever you want afterwards.

Joining the military is seldom wrong. Just make sure you end up learning useful stuff.

Bexome a cop and train hard. Later on uou can create a gun club with defensive training. I bet there's Good money to be made with it. And it's something meaningful, speacily with all the gun frewdom you have in the USA

I was wondering : why does studying is so damn expensive in the United States ? A year is barely 200€ here, and if you're a poorfag you can even get paid to study ...

>USA
>white

>Latvia
>Not starving to death

history is very interesting but not usefull getting a degree in.
study history in your free time.
electronics, economics or things computer related are a viable choice for a good setup in life.

Go to college. Major in history. TAKE GOOD INTERNSHIPS while you're in college. Figure out the cheapest, fastest way to get your MA/PhD in history. Be honest and realistic about what being an academic historian actually means (read: you will be a teacher). If you want to be a historian, you better like teaching. Professorships are extremely competitive. If you want to be a professor, accept that you're going to need a PhD. Become a teaching assistant in grad school. After grad school, look around at jobs with different museums, research institutes, think tanks, etc., but your most reliable employer will likely be high schools and community colleges. That's okay, it's not a failure. Just make sure you teach at a school near a research university, and get in good with their staff.

There's a way to make any path you want work. You just need to learn what that path realistically looks like. There are certain technical degrees that will get you high pay and job security. But if you don't love what you do, then there's no point in doing something like that. Some people here will drop bullshit advice about "avoiding the college meme" and shit like that, and they'll tell you to get a certificate in welding or a similar field. Welders make a lot of money. If you're okay with wasting most of your life doing repetitive, unfulfilling, idiotic tasks just so you can drift through life comfortably, be my guest. Otherwise, do what you're actually interested in. But if you do go for history, don't be meek about it. Think in terms of what solid skills you're gaining. This could be solid internships as an archivist, or it could be mastering a technical aspect of history, like statistics or economics. It's the hard skills that get you the job, not the degree.

as an addition: I just finished the first year of liberal arts&sciences at a university in which i have seen about every subject matter out there.
biology/genetics is very interesting as well but not what I would personally choose as the the chances for succes in it are more of a hyperbollic matter than the aforementioned subjects

Military is weak and effeminate nowadays. Don't waste your time and loyalty with that shameful institution.

I'm actually more or less in the exact same position. 18 white male doing nothing with my life. Not sure what I should do. Have no real career ideas and have a cucked family.

Pick up a trade. Learn welding or some shit. We have plenty of graphic designers and video game devs

Get moving. Just go in some direction. Any direction. A lot of kids I know didn't do anything after high school, and waited for something to fall in their laps. Now they're in their mid/late 20s, and they're working menial jobs, getting high on their free time. DON'T BE LIKE THAT. You can try something now, and if it turns out you don't like it, switch later. One friend I know dropped out of high school and decided he wanted to be a photographer. To support his photography career, he worked doing tech for a local theater (he's good with computers/tech). He got so good he learned lights, sound, and all the tech for them. He got so good he became a tech person for Cirque du Soleil. Then he developed a weird fascination with mix drinks, and dropped all of it to wait at a restaurant with a good bar, which would let him help out at a bar sometimes. He got so good he was recruited to bartend at the best fancy bar in the city, and now he co-owns it and makes fancy drinks for rich people. Another friend got his master in education, then decided he didn't like teaching, but loved baking, and now owns a baking business.

My friends who didn't try things like that? One grows pot. Another barely scrapes by teaching at black market English schools in China that usually fuck him over for payment. He's not qualified for anything legitimate because he never wound up enrolling in a real college. Instead, he took a steady stream of "core" classes at the local community college. He did that for 7 fucking years, and still doesn't have an AA.

So yeah, those are your choices. Chase anything you think might interest you, or remain a pathetic loser.

Same-ish situation here.

I figure if I become rich enough I'll be able to leave my mark on the world

Until then, I'm just gonna try to get rich however I can.

See this guy, kids? This guy is the welding type. He's stupid white trash, and he knows that's all he'll ever be. He probably has an IQ of 85 or 90. He knows that as stupid white trash, his best option is to find out what menial job will pay him the best. Welding is reliable, so he's gonna go for that, because he's too fucking stupid to have ever developed any real interests or aptitudes. Don't be like him. Find a skill you want to develop, that's unique and valuable in the job market. Then work your ass off to become so good they can't ignore you.

OP again

I actually have some decent ideas for inventions, don't really know what to do with them because I assume things like "Invent Help" are scams.

the figures say go into statistics or biomedical engineering, then.

>stupid flag for a country full of niggers
lol

Joined the military
Fought in two wars
Earned a masters in a STEM field
Have a wife and children
Plenty of money

I got bad news user....

No matter what you do in life it doesn't fucking matter. You will never be satisfied.

So just stop trying and wait for death to take you.

Death is a gift of nature intended to save us from our futile striving and struggling and pain.

Become an engineer. If you're the inventor type, school can help you master technical aspects. Figure out what branch of engineering interests you the most, then do that. It's well established that the most valuable master's degrees are mostly engineering degrees, and now they're also becoming the best postgraduate degrees. Go to a technical school. Obviously try to get into the best one you can, but don't sweat too much if you don't get into MIT or Caltech - NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) is the worst technical school in the country, yet its graduates still have higher average earnings than most Ivy League graduates because they're still fucking engineers.

Join organized crime....I mean capitalists, banks and lawers.

hi i went to a uc too 8]
starting as a consultant in sept

That's the problem though, I have no interest in being moderately wealthy at 60

I'm either going to make it big before I'm 40 or kill myself to be quite honest. I can't stand having no impact on the world around me

oops forgot to tag my last post as a reply
are you in the e&d group?

Lurk more before shitting up Sup Forums as your own personal blog.

That's what I'm doing. Biomedical engineering on a scholarship, feels good

this is actually really risky advice. Obviously there are a few stars in business, but most business folks are just middle class. An MBA is one of the most valuable postgraduate degrees you can get, but in business you HAVE to go to one of the best schools in the country to get in with exciting Wall Street types. JDs are also extremely valuable, but a huge proportion, maybe even half of JDs are dissatisfied with their work. You better make sure being a lawyer is really what you want to do if you go for such a degree, because lawyers also wind up buried under a mountain of student loan debt. Also beware that most lawyers rarely if ever even see the inside of a courthouse. Most of their time is spent doing paperwork.

>this is actually really risky advice

kek

Why don'y you tell us more about yourself, please, Papa Bouba Diop. How is Senegal?

IM NOT INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU LITTLE FUCK I AM NOT MENT FOR THIS EXISTENCE

Was in similar situation, joined the military, fuck the cucks. Serve your country and make yourself proud fuck what they think.
Plus there's dank college benefits once you get out.

>What the fuck do I do
/thread

Go to uni then become an officer.

Senegal is awesome, I'm here visiting people. I spent a couple years here working on malnutrition treatment when I got out of college. That landed me a job with the UNWFP improving their corruption monitoring in Guinea. Guinea is rough, but Senegal is a great place to take a break. Just had a cheeseburger with blue cheese, pesto, and mint leaves on it, and a white Russian. Tonight I might go hit on statuesque, skinny model types in Dakar, or just get drunk with expats.

Yeah join for the benefits, but if you feel proud about anything you do in the military you are a fucking retard.

Never did a single thing I could remotely be proud about. Any dog can follow orders.

I opted for pharmacology and pharmacy OP. It's always been and always will be a strong industry.