maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit
youtube.com/watch?v=gL3lo2gdB5M
youtube.com/watch?v=__N7mt5Clwg
youtube.com/watch?v=s-fSVZS2VyU
youtube.com/watch?v=GhzBsDAG8CU
youtube.com/watch?v=RsXP_s98MEg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CGI was a mistake.

Think about this: has there ever been a character or structure, that was CGI, and couldn't be improved by being practical effect? It doesn't matter the complexity or the cost to build it.

Is there anything that you can honestly say, that i miles better in CGI and it is pointless to make a practical effect for it because will never surpass the CGI counterpart?

Gollum would have looked like jerky shit as a TESB Yoda or Jen from The Dark Crystal-style practical puppet and the endless waist-up shots that would be necessary to hide his puppet-ness would have robbed the character from the cat-like physicality that defined his role.

You were a mistake

Davey Jones

Davy Jones would've looked ass practically, the nuances of all the little tentacles would've been near-impossible to reproduce.

Guy in a costume, he didn't need to look like an ayylmao

This, most of the CG in the Hobbit looks great but it's just used in a retarded way

I think people forget that The Hobbit story is tonally alot different to LOTR. I can see what Jackson was going for with these movies, he just needed more time to work on them. It shouldn't have been the dark serious movie like the ones before were

Are you fucking retarded cunt?

sometimes i like to think of a world where jackson and his team got proper time to make the hombit as best as it could have been

Hobbit > Prometheus

>most of the CG in the Hobbit looks great

>This, most of the CG in the Hobbit looks great

I could not disagree more.

what video game is this?

>Gollum from LotR
>Sauron's Eye from LotR
>Davey Jones from PotC
>T-1000 from Terminator 2
>Most things from The Matrix
>

They could've just had an actor with makeup like in the deleted scene.

>everything from Avatar

>he breathes fire and can create fire inside himself at any given time
>Dude haha let's kill him with heat, haha what could possibly go wrong lmao

The concept of this scene is far more offensive to me than the CGI.

what videogame is this?

this senpai. should have stuck to the books. it was way more suspenseful in the books

HOBBIT KINO

Maple films Hobbit edit
maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit

HOBBIT KINO

Literally nothing wrong with this scene.

>Implying they would have to do the exact same thing they did with CGI

Could have just used some makeup and had the actor do his job
youtube.com/watch?v=gL3lo2gdB5M

That climax was created a few months before the premiere as a last minute thing. Another tradegy caused by the three movie split.

What do you boyos think about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=__N7mt5Clwg

WE

Then those dumb fucks should've just ended it like that section of the books ended.

I get that Hackson had no time to do anything, but that doesn't excuse him stuffing absolutely retarded shit wherever he could.

i like this edit. theres a whole bunch of them out there, i remember i saw one that was even better than this but i forgot what it was called.

For most of these, there is a a base to which they added the CGi as to why it works so well, this includes avatar. There is a practical effect, its called the actor themselves in mocap being enhanced. Full cgi no actor enters cartoon territory. Treat CGI as makeup for practical props and you are using it right

MR. LONGBOTTOM

Probably the Tolkien edit

It gets worse

10 POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR MR POTTER

BRAVO CGI
BRAVO

Fuck i'm glad I never watched this shit.

This was done 18 years ago

>Go north. Find the Dunedain. There’s a young ranger amongst them. You should meet him. His father Arathorn was a good friend. His son might grow to be a great one. He is known in the wild as Strider. His true name... you must discover for yourself. Legolas! Your mother loved you.

Purest Kino actually

youtube.com/watch?v=s-fSVZS2VyU

>went to watch BOTFA with normie Chad cousin
>he laughed at the Alfrid scenes
>he clapped and cheered at the Legolas and Tauriel scenes
>after the movie he kept telling me how LOTR would be better if Legolas did more "badass shit"

D-do normies genuinely like this shit?

Friendly reminder that "hurr Aragorn would of been a child" is not an argument because the movies skip the years Frodo spent in the Shire after Bilbo's 111th Birthday

This scene was actually good.
youtube.com/watch?v=GhzBsDAG8CU

Dude get it? He ran out of mana lmao

Said it before but there was no choice to be made between practicals and CG. Jackson didn't have near enough preproduction time as compared with LotR and if you want to use practical effects they have to be completely finished before you start filming. CG can be done concurrently with filming and for that reason he had to use CG. Blame the studio for not realizing they needed to push the release back after Del Taco bailed.

He's not wrong. Legolas was so wooden in the LOTR films, while he had more a of personality in the books.

>Hackson proudly admits he came up with the river of gold surfing scene two days before the movie was to be released and that's why it looks like shit

HACKSOOOOOOOOOON

Yes, they actually do. While my gf at least disliked the disaster that was BotFA she thinks the first two are legit good movies.

My best mate's gf even likes the Hobbit trilogy more than LotR because "it's not that long and boring".

Recently I forgot about that when I was over and absolutely shit-talked the Hobbit movies, resulting in some weird looks from her, kek.

>tfw it was real ;_;

Smaug was so out of the league of this shit flick trilogy it's not even funny.

It was Radagast's staff, which he claims has some issues. Radagast didn't really rely much on magic anyway.

nobody hat anything resembling a personality in the books, they all talk in the same autistic tolkien voice. that's probably the one department where the movies actually improve on the books

Do you have a webm of the warg wolf whatever things jumping and running around some hills in the distance? That shot was even worse.

Oh and the GoPro shots. Literal fucking GoPro shots.

But go North where? They're already as far north as you can get before stepping on ice caps (or even falling off the Earth since the world is flat). And in any case just because they skipped scenes ahead doesn't mean the timeline is different.

nah he ran out of mana, do you even game bro?

>they all talk in the same autistic tolkien voice
You obviously haven't read it because Tolkien was really good at setting tones, not just for the characters' personalities but based on their surrounding situation; the Frodo chapters read almost entirely different than the Aragorn chapters.

How did these faggots even get the rights to Lord of the Rings? This isn't even close.

You're an idiot. This guy is correct. Tolkien wrote great dialogue too.

Which mid-2000s deviantart account is this from?

OUTTA OUR WAY BOOKFAG FUCKING SHITS

The complaint basically comes from the fact that none of the characters behave like modern douchebags

why do the game industry insist on adding NIGGERS and WHORES to every SINGLE FUCKING GAME
RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE

The Earth isn't flat by the third age.

>1:21
She looks like Kerrigan from Starcraft.
>1:36
Nazguls fly like death eaters

>muh practical effects
kys

Is this in extended edition at all?

you can tell they kinda toned down radagast in the second film cos he was too over the top in the first one

>Middle Earth
>black knight

k

The high pitched voice is what really killed him, along with that stupid pothead scene.

I was playing LOTRO last night and noticed some of the guards in Minas Tirith were literally black. Have you ever felt like you had to insert white characters in African/middle eastern/South American settings?

The scary part about this is that it implies the writers and animators don't know how things melt

holy shit it looks like a budget wow cinematic

the ice looks fine, the characters moving not so much

resident evil 5 added white people to the zombified african villages to avoid being called a racist game

I get that he needed more time to work with them but he also added ALOT of retarded unnecessary shit.

Unless he was forced to make three movies with a movie and half worth of material.

How is lotro? I tried to get into it once as a Man of the West but couldn't get into it.

Do all races start in the same zone or no? Which one has the best starting zone and what's the funnest class?

Man, and this is all because of American bullshit that started racial politics.

That's an insult to WoW cinematics

how do giant gold dwarf statues hastily created usually melt?

My favorite fuck you scene to the fans is the scene with Thrain and Gandalf in Dol Guldar

After making such a big deal in the first and second about knowing where he is, Jackson ends it like this for fuck sake

youtube.com/watch?v=RsXP_s98MEg

You'll realise that the good parts of the movies happened when they followed the book. Imagine what a Hobbit movie would be like if they removed all the added fanfic and focused on adapting the book chapter by chapter. A 3-hour fantasy adventure, more light-hearted than Lotr. That would truly be great. In another timeline, I guess.

>implying this isn't a great scene

Is this the height of modern cinema?

The men start together in the same zone as hobbits, and the elves start in the same zone as the dwarves. Neither are particularly interesting, the game gets better as you go to new areas.
It's a run of the mill themepark MMO and the only thing it has going for it is that it's Middle Earth. I don't find the game particularly fun, especially if you have no one to group up with. Everything you hear about the community is only half true, as it has as many trolls as any free game.

I'm surprised every death scene in five armies wasn't the wilhelm scream.

Nothing could fix Martin Freeman's acting as Bilbo. He was bored and uninterested every step of the way, and never developed past that. Also Gandalf was way too depressive this time.

CGI should only be used for putting stuff in where it doesn't exist, like a castle on a hilltop in the background, something static. Effectively like a matte painting.

CGI characters should be used very sparingly, as they almost NEVER work. Gollum is the exception to the rule.

Looks like shit

>It's a run of the mill themepark MMO and the only thing it has going for it is that it's Middle Earth
This desu. I tried it once and it was nothing special, though i have to say it was very comfy. The character animations really put me off. The way they jump and run is weird.

I am 99% sure it's not.

I am trying my best to watch these movies. It is not going well. I liked the first hour of An Unexpected Journey. Then Peter Jackson shits on my tv...endlessly.

Why the hell are there so many characters with apidose neckmeat? The Dwarf,Goblin King it goes on.

There was a great 4 hour edit on Youtube a while ago, though it's probably gone now. But that was really great.

>B-but his eyes aren't far enough apart.

What a retarded excuse that was. The left is a video game, the right is real. I don't look at it and think "that's a guy in a suit" but I will always look at CGI and know it's CGI because I have eyes and a brain. I'm not that smart but most humans with functioning eyes and brains will know when they are being tricked.

We threw crab legs at the kinoplex screen until they replayed this part.

What is a "themepark MMO"?

Watch the Tolkien Edit. Look it up, it's alot better.

>CGI should only be used for putting stuff in where it doesn't exist, like a castle on a hilltop in the background, something static.
This. Game of Thrones does this very well. I really like the shots of castles in the background while the characters are just walking around, and then they shift to a built set once they get to the courtyard or the interior. Feels very organic.

CGI just makes things look too clean and overproduced, that's my main gripe with it.
All that bloom lighting in The Hobbit didn't help it either, it made it look even more like a video game.

How ironic that you complain about accuracy and then post that image when Bilbo didn't actually witness Thorin's death in the novel.

watch the fanedit. its legitimately better than the original. some user posted the link to one somewhere in this thread.

WoW clones basically. Nothing new happens with the quests, you just keep repeating them.

that entire scene was set in a different location but it was close to the books thematically, or at least more so compared to the rest of the movie.