I miss it boys

I miss it boys...

Me too, I want to know if Joan becomes a drug addict and want to hear what Don and Roger have to say about watergate.

Never seen it. Should I check it out?

Kind of depends on what kind of series/movies you are into. It's a slow burner, especially the first season. If the concept of the show and the time period interests you, then go ahead.

However, if you expect action-packed scenes with lots of fights, then you might be let down.

I went in to Mad Men without any expectations and I almost dropped it because of how slow it was. But I kept coming back to it because I loved the characters so much. I finished the show almost a year ago and I keep coming back to it.

Once you get to know the characters, that's when they got you hooked.

Netflix dropped Mad Men this month I think

I just got to season 5 too

>However, if you expect action-packed scenes with lots of fights, then you might be let down.

>Pryce's stance

Outstanding.

Doing a rewatch w/ commentary and it's one of the comfiest experiences of my life. Conrad Fucking Hilton on commentary, and Grandpa Gene and lil Kiki, go get a blanket and put another log on the fire.

Might have to do this, mate.

Maybe something for the winter months.

I know it doesn't get as comfy as the 60s but I wish they would make the show go on into the 70s ;-;
They can stop at the 80s but I want more of this show pls

Highly recommend, it's a fan's dream come true. Feels like sitting on a couch w/ Matt Weiner as he breaks it all down for you, gives you background and insight, jokes. And most episodes have two tracks, so i'm gonna do it all again in some months.

Cool, I'll do that. I'll probably watch both commentaries back to back rather than watching it through twice.

I only finished it a couple of months ago so I'll get this year's TV out of the way first.

Mad Men is still on Netflix in the United States.

Who was in the wrong here?

Call me a pleb but I really wish the series ended with Don being an old man in CURRENT YEAR. Something like this
>Be Don in his 80s,, the year is 2015
>Years of drinking, smoking and fucking caught up to him, he looks like shit
>Final scene is in a bar, Don is trying out a smartphone, but is having trouble with it.
>Goes to grab a cigarette from his pocket, but hipster bartender tells him he has to go outside because of the no smoking policy.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the finale, but there was so much to do.

There are so many things they could have done, but I feel like your suggestion had already been covered. We saw drugs changing, women changing, sex changing and finishing with your ending would probably feel too much like treading old ground.

I think having the show end with him having an idea for the most famous advert in history is quite something.

I'm sorry but that goes against the sort of ethos of the show, to be different, interesting, subvert expectations and fan service. I understand your thought process, but it wasnt that kind of show.

Pete, obviously

Fucking hell user, I hope you never get to write a show.

>subvert expectations and fan service
having Megan wear the same clothes as Sharon Tate was amazing

Me too.

/SCDP/ threads were always so comfy.

I wish I was around for those. I was on Sup Forums, but never in those threads because I didn't watch the show.

What did I miss?

Just good vibes, people making memes in real time, debating over who's the best girl. Like what Sup Forums used to be before all the reddit cancer and cuckposters.

>The King ordered it.

I ended up loving Pete.

Mad Men grabbed me from the beginning though. I didn't know a thing about it and it wasn't well known in Europe at all.

Halt and Catch fire was supposed to be it's spiritual successor but it didn't grab me that much.

CONSIDAH THIS MY LAST PIECE OF ADVICE

True DetectiveS1+MAD MEN >>> WIRE+SOPRANOS

Chill faggot