Jesus, was this supposed to be a comedy?

Jesus, was this supposed to be a comedy?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/albion/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only if you laughed.

>Please lord let me kill one more
>One more
>Just one more
>God I love it

Didn't see that end coming.

obligatory

>please lord, let me get one more
>BANG
>please lord, one more
>BANG
>please lord, one more
>BANG

lmao

I think Mel was trying to pull a Fury and show the horrors of WW2, but made it a little too over the top at times.

It did feel like a parody.

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR APPEAREANCE, PRIVATE
>audience starts cracking up in anticipation
IS IT YOUR SHIRT?
>audience starts to loudly laugh
T-there's a knife in my foot, sir.
>audience starts shrieking, old ladies let out hellish screams of laughter

Backsaw Plateau?

Garfield was miscast, that goon couldn't convincingly portray /himself/, much less a character with actual human depth.

>People are actually this autistic that they can't enjoy just a minute of comic relief

It must suck being this miserable

This is true, I liked the movie, but a better main would have really gone miles.

Good job outing yourself as a Star Wars/Capeshitter.

Holy shit, this is better than Windtalkers..

Garfield didn't have any good material to work with. His character and dialog were cartoonish and so was every action sequence. Mel really dropped the ball with this one and I have no idea why it got any nominations.

>he thinks that shit is good comedy

It must suck being this much a fucktard pleb

so dumb

>implying garfield has any modicum of talent

he somehow managed to make spiderman boring you stupid fuck. and his acting here was just one big terrible forrest gump impression.

>muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible

is this christians' idea of compelling filmmaking?

What's it like being forever alone. Does it make you sad?

>Comic relief needs to be top comedy

What a sad miserable boy you are

Pleb detected.

The actual man it's based off of was extremely religious.

Run along now, the adults are talking

jesus christ. that's hilarious.

i might actually watch this now.

>Please Lord, let me save 6 gorillion more, just let me save 6 gorillion more

Wow, Mel was really pandering to (((them))) with this movie, wasn't he

I wouldn't know. What's it like projecting your own problems onto others?

>why don't you like dogshit like me :((((

And even samefagged for this too. Absolutely pathetic.

is he ded

The only pathetic here is you, triggered by a simple comedic moment on a film.

the film was pretty goofy and on the nose but god damn it made me want to cry throughout it's entirety and the interview with the real desmond doss at the end had me so close to crying
i genuinely thought this would be the first film to ever make me cry tbqh

Andrew Garfield was in this amateur shit when Sony could have made an Amazing Spider-Man 3?
What the fuck?

I thought this movie was ridiculous and silly shit

i'm surprised it's so well regarded

felt the same way about american sniper

>i genuinely thought this would be the first film to ever make me cry tbqh

weeeeeeeeeeeeew lad

was this the first movie you've ever seen?

He was good in Silence so the problem is clearly with the material

no
letterboxd.com/albion/
but for some reason a pure tale of a guy doing his best to save his comrades despite their ill will towards him got to me emotionally
wierd innit

Strange thread. I thought Sup Forums loved this film, but here you are shitting on it all around

>not liking something is being triggered
>meanwhile he's actually butthurt that some random person on the internet doesn't like garbage scenes that only a worthless fucktard like him could ever appreciate

The irony.

If there's irony is in you not making sense of your own retardaed autism when it's coming so pristinely from your fingers. But indeed, better to not give much attention to random tards on Sup Forums.

Who the fuck thought it a good idea to cast Vince Vaughn as a drill sergeant?

Hilarious

people only defend this movie because is from Meme Gibson

I don't know, had the same thought. Must be tumbler edition now, and most of the time it's pol edition

Who would have thought that based Mel would be responsible for the worst WW2 movie of recent history?

Are you having a stroke there, retard?

>When you carry 40 kilos of your dead friends torso and head to protect yourself from enemy fire which will probably penetrate said body while also firing a heavy automatic rifle with your other hand slaughtering Japs with extreme precision even though you at best have 20 rounds and there is no way for you to aim the rifle other than pointing in the general direction
Bold moves from Gibson there, got to give him that

>based on true events!

Why are American soldiers such liars?

his accent was shit in silence and even adam "progeria" driver acted circles around him

that movie was canceled because garfield threw a tantrum and refused to go to the party where the producers were planning to surprise him and announce the next movie. it's in the sony leaks.

>long phrases make me confused, mommy pls

The worst part is when you are the only one cracking up during the boot camp scene where Vince is asking the Italian recruit if he is a Mussolini sympathizer as real americans are tall, unlike the Wop manlet he was dressing down.

The first boot camp scene was a goddamn comedy.

7th day adventists come off as fucking crazy.

Well with the way you post, it's really no surprise. You're less intelligent than a dog. But I'm glad it wasn't a stroke and you're just naturally that stupid.

>I am not touch a gun, sir
>That's why I bought my web-shooters
Jeez, Mel.

Looks like something straight out of Army of Darkness lmao

>white boy war propaganda movie

of course it'll be retarded

>waaaaaah

>still best example of WW2 being a nightmare

The entire movie was miscast. Except for Hugo maybe.

for your sins

> no black character in the entire film
> 2017

There was a black head in a scene if I saw right

>running with a BAR in one hand and a corpse in the other, while shooting the enemy.

>talented black actors
>2017

It's an Andrew Garfield movie, you cant expect anything.

>get drafted
>risk your life for the country
>drill sergeant makes fun of you

what an asshole

Wait, who's the real slim shady?

the best part is his excited grin after staring into the rotting face of a fellow soldier

Why was Hollywood naked while doing chin ups? No one even batted an eye. Was this common in the army?

why didn't they issue soldiers dead pigs to use as shields

I know Mel is an action movie vet but this seams straight up disrespectful.

Implying any of the white actors in this film were talented

Do you see me laughing?

Fuck off already.

They do.

Oh, go fuck yourself you SJW faggot! You're really the enemy of fun. What the fuck do you want? Another Moonlight? Fuck you!

I signed up of my own accord and I got fucked with constantly for having slightly pointy ears by 3 different drill instructors(my own, the asshole from my sister flight, and a floater asshole who didnt have his own flight at the time). They kept calling me Frodo, confusing the hobbit for Legolas, and Tinkerbell.

Why do people freak about this scene? There is chaos and death everywhere. Bullets are flying non stop. No where is it implied he is the one hitting all of those men, there are hundreds of soldiers all shooting at the same people. It cuts to random japs getting gunned down and blown up and you just assume he's the one no scope 360ing them all?

Fuck off, retard. Even if you ignore the fact that he's carrying 80 pounds of Doug like its a 3 pound dumbbell, each shot that he fires clearly corresponds to a dead Jap.

>when Clint Eastwood turned out to be the better WW2 director

shouldn't be surprised he isn't a manlet overcompensating after all

Why are you triggered and what does Moonlight have to do with it?

Are you slender and subsiste off of bread and wine?

It is their job to bust your balls. There is a reason they shave everybody entering and give them uniforms, it is to break up indiviuality and form many people into one new group. There is also a reason why companies happen to be the size that they are: they are the number of people that know that get identified as individuals rather than groups of labels.

based on a true story

>fun
>sjw
>!
For your sake I hope you're being post-ironic

Watch Boy A, or anything not capeshit, you plebtardian basement cunt.

>it's a drill sargeant screams his head off at new recruits in a comical fashion episode
I unironically love this trope.

Boy A was great and genuinely under appreciated.

I was just about to talk about how he pretty much did a forest gump in that but then I remembered the second act where his secret gets out and his life falls to pieces his acting in that was absolutely phenomenal.

The sad thing is that no matter how hard you try, nobody has ever topped R. Lee Ermey.

They aren't liars, they're just better than your commie foreigner armies.

ONE MORE

No, I'm a big guy.

>barely defeat 100k underequipped starving japs

whatever man.

the ammunition used in WW2 were basically all .30cal or larger caliber by the GIs, and that is not even counting the heavy weaponry used by fortified positions. all of it is capable of penetrating, probably, 10 people if you stacked them together chest to back.

also, a BAR weighs like 20 pounds and if they used real ammunition instead of blanks, the recoil would cause it to fly out of his hand.

It isn't possible to top him, not to blow smoke up his ass, but he was the greatest casting choice possible: former drill instructor and brothel owner was contracted to be a accuraracy consultant and reads the roles and figures, "I could be in this movie." And the rest is history and riding off a hell of a one movie supporting character role legacy.

I mean he brought skills and knowledge completely alien to the industry. Every actor will base his performance on Ernie or be judge on that standard. Kind of like how Sauruman's actor made edits to the scene where he gets stabbed in the back by wyrmtongue, he actually killed Germans with a knife or the watched closely to the unit of Ghurkas he was with. As he basically said, people don't make any loud gasps or really yell as they are stunned processing the new sense information that they are basically dead.

You're choosing to ignore the obvious issue here.

>I thought you mighta liked it

Was it rape?

It was Gibson's ticket back into Hollywood. Now he can do whatever he wants.

This schlocky stinker wasn't him doing whatever he wanted? Good lord, what will he do next? A revenge thriller with Jesus gunning down Jews on Wall St and dropping biblical one-liners?

>the recoil would cause it to fly out of his hand if he was a numale.
There.

wtf happened to Sup Forums?
i unironically loved this

>wtf happened to Sup Forums?
Influx of numales over the last 5 years

>i unironically loved this

oh, it shows

Most men back then looked like Steve Rogers before the super soldier serum. They had no muscle mass because they never worked out and their diets were terrible. I think the average weight of American soldiers in WWII was something like 130 lbs.

You would probably love Sup Forums

i don't, desu. never got into japshit