This already has more oscars than the entire Harry "DULLEST" Potter series combined

>this already has more oscars than the entire Harry "DULLEST" Potter series combined

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/9304763
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Luna
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can we just get an entire movie of Newt trying to catch creatures without some fucking crisis next time?

Can we just get an entire movie of Newt trying to catch dicks in his mouth and boipussy without some fucking crisis next time?

too comfy, why wasn't the hobbit just about a hobbit going out in the world learning about it slowly until he found the ring, after years of new world strangeness (for a hobbit)?

I can tell you why. When The Hobbit was written, fantasy was for children, to make them feel comfy when they went to bed at night. Nowadays, with the advent of "edgy" GRRM-tier fantasy, the fantasy genre no longer caters to children whatsoever and only cares about drawing in manchildren and women.

I mean I guess he could be trying to stop magical poachers or something but make it more about Newt himself instead of this Dr Who bungling into the situation stuff.

Swooping Evil a best

>tfw everyone working on the movie was led to believe they were making a Steve Irwin style mockumentary about Newt's life
God why is Rowling suck a fucking hack?

do you think eddie redmayne uses his oscar as a dildo?

>archiveofourown.org/works/9304763

yeah
I hated that B plot too

>>tfw everyone working on the movie was led to believe they were making a Steve Irwin style mockumentary about Newt's life

that shit better not be true

>Goldstein
Shit movie

iirc this was what wb originally proposed but jkr wanted to write it herself.

which is fine but i wish it wasnt a surprise prequel like she's turning it into

Flaming homosexual detected.

I'm just here waiting for the beloved pasta to get posted

;___;

I swear I read somewhere that they thought that was what they were making, but I forgot where. However,

>In 2011 producer Lionel Wigram had the idea of doing a one-off faux documentary special featuring Newt in the style of documentaries by famous naturalists like David Attenborough, Steve Irwin and Jane Goodall. When Wigram proposed this to his fellow producers, David Heyman and J.K. Rowling, it got Rowling starting to think of doing a feature film. Furthermore, she already had in mind several new stories from within the Potter universe to be told (at one time she considered doing an anthology of animated shorts based on The Tales of Beedle the Bard). Heyman said this around September 2016: "So, Lionel had this idea. Jo got wind of it. She said, 'Well, funny enough I'd been thinking about something already,' and she had this whole idea in some form. I mean, it's changed and developed over the course of the year and a half and two years that's been going on. But she knows how each part connects with her universe".

Basically, we got cucked out of true beastkino.

I just want magical Ace Ventura/Rescuers man

This right here is fucking bullshit. Why didn't he just pretend to forget everything? It's not like anyone would check on him in a city of millions. Why didn't he just hide in Newt's suitcase and spend the next year or so baking and breeding Newt and Queenie with his fat Jew cock?

>uprooting your life to try and shoehorn yourself into a world that will never accept you and just make you feel so bad about being a muggle that you eventually kill yourself

nah

Ok then why couldn't he just never talk about wizard shit (and if he did, who would even believe him?) and go on with his life? He's going to get together with Queenie again anyway.

The 4 adult leads with their own forms of quiet, reserved damages interacting with eachother and tracking down creatures made this film better than any of the potter movies. Also some fantastic production design work that was really only bested by HP3. The Achilles heel of this film is the world ending evil "carrie" plot that no one likes or gives a shit about.

I unironically liked Credence but I have crippling autism.

because americans are repressed and evil

>execution by vat of magical acid swirling with your happy memories

gimme the fucking dementor

wait when did dolph lundgren transition

Kill yourself faggot.

>be American wizard
>interrupt meeting
>get put in acid
>pets run away
>get put in acid
>go to subway while being autistic
>get avada kedavra'd

Really makes you think...

Just by virtue of being about competent adult wizards made it much better than the entire HP series.

Harry Potter suffered from having a bunch of dopey retarded teenagers trying to take on the most powerful wizard in existence and his extremely feared followers and it took away from the theoretical plausibility of the story, the ability to immerse yourself in that world

Even in Fantastic Beasts, when Grindelwald shows up, he absolutely demolishes everyone effortlessly despite them all being extremely skilled and competent wizards. And in doing so, it establishes him as this serious and dangerous threat

Great movie. What Oscars did it get?

>Oscar Baitmayne

>absolutely demolishes everyone
>literally brought to his knees by an autistic manchild with a flying pancake

GrindelJUST was the worst part of this film by far.

It may be award winning, but it still doesn't stop it being a spinoff of one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

costumes. pretty fair imo

Why didn't they just leave it as Ferrell? WHY THIS FUCKING REVEAL?!

Also don't talk shit about Swoop-chan

star power

Even my 10 year old daughter started laughing and said "Look, it's the Hatter from Alice in Wonderland!"

15 minutes in i dropped this movie, bad acting, poor direction, retarded gimmicks, bad writing. horrible cgi, too childish, le black womyn ambassador in early 1900's

i agree farrel is cool

>stars in oscar bait
>wins oscar
>does more oscar bait
>it wins more oscars
>says he's not gonna do oscar bait anymore
>franchise film wins oscar

BASEDMAYNE

How are they going to deal with the massive backlash from fans and the petitions to bring Farrell's character back?

I've tried to watch this twice and I'm still not finished.
I didn't watch Harry Potter so I just can't get into the faggy wand shooting.
I really liked the first 45 mins or so and enjoyed him going into his suitcase with teh fat guy.
It just turned into capeshit-tier CGI fest and I turned it off.
>muh cgi powerful foe destroying a city

harry potter universe, mate.

have the original Farrel character come back and reveal that Grindelwahld didn't kill him? simple

>when he finally loses patience with credence and slaps his bitchface

"Your mother's dead. That's your reward. I'm done with you."

i mean they want to make Hermione black so who knwos

Rowling said he never existed and Grindy used magic, not polyjuice.

he did exist, JKR even has elaborate backstory about how his family is one of the original 12 aurors.

she's kept very quiet about him since then though, i think the real graves'll come back eventually because she would've answered all the fan questions otherwise

Oh cool, I'm glad I was wrong. I want to see him wreck Grindelwald's shit real good.

I usually gave Ezra shit but I did feel sorry for the character, especially when the Aurors light him up.

Fuck that bitch at the orphanage.

>advent of edgy GRRM fantasy
I laughed. You really need to read more fantasy. Most of the genre is edgy stuff. Hell, even LOTR can be seen as a bit edgy at times. Sure, it's not even 1% of the movies but you can definitely see it has the makings of it.

>tfw the first thing he wrecks is newt's boipussy

I know, it's just that edgy fantasy didn't become a massive commercial phenomenon until GRRM. Before it was just DnD playing nerds enjoying edgy fantasy, now every Stacey and Chad is obsessed with it.

I don't even like fantasy apart from Tolkien though.

he survived in canon

Is creating painfully unfunny and unimaginative pastas a way to permanently destroy conversation about any given movie series? Probably not if it's as badly written as this one. Maybe it's just one autist posting that.

Hm, perhaps. The thing is, what OTHER fantasy as popped up after the show started? I can't really see many.

With Harry Potter, we got other kid fantasy like perhaps Eragon and Percy Jackson.

>part from LOTR
There's really not too much people can recommend honestly... if you don't like D&D and similar, it's a rather one note thing literature wise. At best: video games. Shit like Dragon Age, Runescape, and Elder Scrolls...

Or maybe I just haven't read enough fantasy to find those that stand out.

>"When I wanted to do the rape scene, I explained to [Eddie Redmayne] that I was going to hit him and rape him. There was no emotional relationship between us, because I had put a clause in all the actors' contracts stating that they would not suck dick for Oscars. We had never talked to each other. I knew nothing about him. We went to the suitcase set with two other people: the photographer and a technician. No one else. I said, 'I'm not going to rehearse. There will be only one take because it will be impossible to repeat. Roll the cameras only when I signal you to.' Then I told him, 'Pain does not hurt. Hit me.' And he hit me. I said, 'Harder.' And he started to hit me very hard, hard enough to break a rib...I ached for a week. After he had hit me long enough and hard enough to tire him, I said, 'Now it's my turn. Roll the cameras.' And I really...I really...I really raped him. And he screamed."

Fantastic Beasts part 2 will be kino.

Dragon Age is utter shite except for Origins. Dark Souls is the only fantasy game I like.

>other than origins
What are you talking about? There's only one game.

But in all seriousness Inquistion has it's good points but you should definitely just stuck with Origins.
Of course, there's also the Witcher series.

Yeah Witcher is cool, fampai. And I love playing DnD with friends but I couldn't care less about the actual lore.

Dem feels

Who gives a shit about the oscars did you see the ceremony? this was the worst one

Sage

>the one set in america wins an award
Color me shocked. Hp had great cinematography, set direction, costume design, scores, editing, sound editing, effects, direction,

When you have people who can use tiny sticks to summon fire, kill people and heal, and then you have people who can't, superficial things like skin colour pale in comparison.

Wizard's racism is just more advanced

/thread

>implying living in the real world which will never accept him and make him feel so bad about being a failure that he will eventually kill himself is preferable

Jacob isn't one of us. People love him. He has a great job doing what he's always dreamed of and a beautiful gf. Jacob is a Chad.

I like how the film tricked you into thinking it would be a fun spin off in the Harry Potter universe, until Grindelwald and Dumbledore get mentioned and then you slowly realize we're in for more prequel bullshit for the next four films. Just like Star Wars and The Hobbit.

Fantastic Beasts is absolute cinematic art compared to The Hobbit.

Reminder that grindelwald and dumbledore banging is canon.

Look at these two beautiful, pure twinks. Anyone in their right mind would be pleased to see them making tender love to each other.

Now look at this. . Fucking why? What went wrong?

I still find it hard to believe that Dumbledore goes gay for this.

I was pretty pissed too desu

I meant before the story, where he was a depressed loner working a shit job. If he never met Newt he definitely would've killed himself, as The Great Depression was coming up soon.
It was ok, definitely better than The Hobbit and the Star Wars Prequels, but I feel later on it's gonna get more and more reference heavy and expanding on things the audience probably didn't put much thought into.

>implying he forgot at all

You do know they end up together and are Luna's parents or something

Imagine them fucking. Like, I seriously want you to think about every detail. Imagine them both grunting like beasts, beads of sweat standing out on Johnny Depp's red bloated face as whichever ugly fucker plays Dumbledore thrusts his wrinkly dick into Depp's bleached asshole.

That ending gave me a comfy feel

Grandparents probably, her dad is featured in the films.

>ywn teach luna how to fuck

>you always be a bitter skinny fat fag instead of an anwesome charismatic fat dude

feels bad man

Are you retarded? Luna's dad was in the movies and he was a wizard who wasn't 120 years old.
But Kowalski is the best part of the movie.

Why are Americans such savages?

Who cares HP could have easily won some oscars they were nominated for and could have been nominated for ones they weren't, it's not like oscar winners actually mean anything.

Jacob is Chad
Newt is Reddit
Grindelwald is Sup Forums
Credence is Sup Forums and /r9k/

NVM i looked it up Newt and Tina are her Grandparents

That would mean she married her own brother you dumb nigga.

That's where the autism comes from I guess.

He was great when Farrell was playing him. Better than Voldemort. Depp just immediately ruins everything. I mean, for fuck's sake, they had to draw cheekbones onto his bloated wino face.
I understand why they did the reveal, but Farrell would have been a better choice to play the real Grindelwald. Depp is too old and too fucking fat.

They're not siblings you dip

That's what I'm saying you fucking retard.

Luna's parents have nothing to do with this story. Luna marries the grandson of Newt and Tina. It's that simple.

Oh, I don't remember that... you can argue with the autists that wrote the wiki

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Luna

When Farrell casually sentences Sam Waterston's daughter to death and then shushes her so dismissively it does more to establish him as a great villain than anything Voldemort did in all 8 of the Harry Potter movies. I like those movies a lot, but Farrell felt like an adult villain rather than a mustache-twirling, tie-her-to-the-train-tracks villain.

I feel like out of all the original characters, Luna got the best lot in life.
>becomes rich and famous through the career of her dreams
>makes amazing discoveries in her field
>marries a man who loves her and accepts all her eccentricities
tfw ywn be old Newt, telling a young excitable Luna tales of your adventures

She dated Neville for a while after Deathly Hallows, but she eventually married Newt's goofy grandson.

There's also that great bit of Columbo autism on Newt's part when he realizes all is not right about Farrell during the inquisition about the obscurus.

How the shit did he find out? Did he and Graves fuck in the past or something?

Graves was being fucking weird. Even someone with autismo could pick up on it.

When Graves asks about it being useless without a host Newt looks at him like he's some kind of madman to be thinking of it in such way, not far from asking about a gun's ability usefulness without a bullet.

Could have won more Oscars if he was a gay nigger. Rowling should retcon this and make it so

only some people can pull off fat