Literally dozens of people will be directly affected!

>Literally dozens of people will be directly affected!

What a waste of money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWnIRhytzqg
youtube.com/watch?v=_NqbRcwWwPw
21stcentech.com/money-spent-nasa-waste/
nasa.gov/sites/default/files/files/NASA_ROI_Report_July_2014_Final_TAGGED_2.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Science is a waste of money in general. We should stop funding science and give more money to churches.

You are alright. I like you. You will go to heaven after you die.

What a childish response. Lots of science is useful. Space has never been useful. We've never needed space for a single practical invention on earth.

Don't post that nasa PR list either, not a single item on the list had to be developed on the ISS.

>We've never needed space for a single practical invention on earth
Cell phones, the internet, GPS, etc

(You)

Satellites are pretty based, and the IV&V done for Juno became the standard for all long term non-geosynchronous satellite systems.

We didn't need space to develop those. We just needed space to put them in.

near earth satellites are the only commercial application space has. Everything else is just science fiction and crazy rich people who want to nuke mars to stop the terminator from unplugging the matrix.

Initial exploration made very much sense. What if Venus or Mars were similar to Earth habitable? These flights really worth it. Negative result is still result. But now when we know much about Solar system yeah exploration is just disappointment: "Another lifeless rock or hell gas chamber" "Just as we expected."

but then how the fuck are we gonna detect hostile space niggers?

space is usefull, when we can travel there we can finally create a terrorist free society because there's no direct supply of explosives n shit on mars.
mars will be utopia.
they just have to keep it expensive so only accomplished people can get there and a master race will be born

This. We know Jupiter is a giant gas planet. We know Pluto is icy. Big deal, what we need to do is figure out how we can get off this planet onto another one. The Earth is doomed, Humanity is bound to fail at some point. We need to increase our chances of living as a species, put different cultures and religions on different planets.

this

Spectroscopy could have done it just as well. Going to a place in space is never necessary to understand it.

>he believes there's other intelligent life in the galaxy
>he thinks they can break causality and get here in less than a million years

Fat chance.

>Moving the goal posts
Alrighty, friend. Keep bitching about NASA's budget despite the US military getting 5x their annual budget to build another jet even though we have plenty.

>We didn't need space to develop those.

Actually we do. The record is consistent and clear; all the side benefits of space exploration in terms of technology could have come about without it, but they didn't.

The initiative to spend money on R&D just isn't there in the private sector. Only in rare occasions with near complete monopolies, and decades ago, do you see large private investment in fringe science R&D.

This is why space is important. It's a small fraction of your budget, but the yield and returns that it has produced already outweigh the costs for hundreds of years of investment.

When you consider that with real investment you could be seeing factories in space that could harvest asteroids or make fuel out of helium on the moon, creating a real space industry and infrastructure, the potential economics wise is tremendous.

Never underestimate the atheistic drive to find life on another planet, no matter how primitive.
They keep sending stuff out searching for their big NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH WE TOLD YOU SO moment.

>We know Pluto is icy. Big deal, what we need to do is figure out how we can get off this planet onto another one.

We already know we cannot. We've run the entire periodic table and the best we can get is methane and oxygen.

Science fiction is not prophecy.

>Alrighty, friend. Keep bitching about NASA's budget despite the US military getting 5x their annual budget to build another jet even though we have plenty.

The military contributes to the economy far more than nasa ever will.

mostly niche technologies that are slight improvements over other options.

>This is why space is important. It's a small fraction of your budget, but the yield and returns that it has produced already outweigh the costs for hundreds of years of investment.

Not really, no.

>When you consider that with real investment you could be seeing factories in space that could harvest asteroids or make fuel out of helium on the moon, creating a real space industry and infrastructure, the potential economics wise is tremendous.

It's amazing how many people cannot come to terms with the fact that science fiction is not a prophecy.

>t. Science McLabcoat

If there are no planets anywhere that could support life, why does Earth exist?

More aid money was pocketed by corrupt officials in Sudan alone than spent on NASA's Juno

>If there are no planets anywhere that could support life, why does Earth exist?

Who are you quoting?

God.

>Space exploration is a waste of money
People like this should be herded onto some remote island desu

>"BUT MOM THAT KID GOT CANDY I WANT IT TOO!"

>We know Jupiter is a giant gas planet. We know Pluto is icy. Big deal

Actually we don't know a lot about these planets, and that's the point. We extrapolate a ton of things onto other potential worlds based on our own solar system that we know very poorly.

Not to mention that if we can't even get our technology working to explore our own little solar system, how the fuck do you think we'll ever get further out?

>Humanity is bound to fail at some point. We need to increase our chances of living as a species, put different cultures and religions on different planets.

You're talking about the solar system right?
Or did you think you were living in the Star Trek universe? There's no way to get to other star systems with even foreseeable technology. It might literally be impossible.

>Finding life on another planet is purely an atheist pursuit
Are you retarded, christfag?

Sorry, we're not all faithful in deus ex machina.

Fucking atheists never stop being religious. They just go from worshipping god to worshipping the singularity, which by sheer coincidence promises largely the same things as most organized religion.

Huh. It seems like you're just a bunch of morons who believe whatever you want with the pretense of having tiny shreds of evidence, like someone who thinks the end of days are upon us.

Good goy.

this d e s u
science is a waste of time gibe more money to engineers

Transhumanism m8

>If you value the importance of space exploration, you're an atheist
t. christfag

Organized religion has the dumbest fucking people.

>Actually we don't know a lot about these planets

Prove it.

>Not to mention that if we can't even get our technology working to explore our own little solar system, how the fuck do you think we'll ever get further out?

Why would we? Because science fiction said?

>no practical results
>ever
>just a PH.D printer.

I'm an atheist too. I learned early on to be the most skeptical of ideas that i want to be true.

There is no dragon in your garage.

>abrahamic religion 2.0. Same promises, different prophets.

Don't forget Tang. Where would we be without Tang?

NASA's budget is tiny compared to everything else the US does. And most of the everything else the US does today, is very destructive unlike space exploration.
Better to explore space than to feed niggers and spics.

>We should stagnate the intellectual growth of mankind and divert our attention back to fairy tales

Good one, you almost got me.

>modern science fiction isn't just fairytales about magic men using magic tech that cannot exist

good one.

Just imagine all the trans wymen that could've gotten their artificial vaginas with that money!

imagine how many donkeys you could fuck with that money.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWnIRhytzqg

But this isn't science fiction user.

Think before posting next time please.

Thinking that we can get anything useful out of space at this point is science fiction.

The universe isn't as poorly designed as most science fiction portrays.

>Science is a waste of money in general
Go live in a mud hut or something

Imagine the letter G behind Jewpiter. Sneaky.

How do you expect to get something useful from space if you don't increase space missions ?

You think that the first plane ever made could cross the Atlantic and fly at 700km/h ?

In order to run, you first need to learn how to walk.

Also, NASA and space funding in general always gives a huge return on investment. Military and welfare on the other hand are just a money drain.

>the year is 2516
>planet is extremely overcrowded
>entire population is banging their heads against the wall because we didn't fund space travel and discover warp drive sometime in the past 500 years

But knowing Sup Forums you'll just resort to some Sharia Law-esque response and just say that people that you don't like should just be exterminated. Whether is 20 years from now or 200 million, our time on this planet is limited.

>How do you expect to get something useful from space if you don't increase space missions ?

We already know there isn't anything. Stars only make certain elements in great quantities. They don't make anything we can't already find on earth in vast quantities.

You're simply ignorant of the predictive power of science. This isn't the colonial era where you have to go somewhere to understand something.

But a greek criticizing a budget is probably the funniest thing i'll read all day. Kudos.

>lol magical star trek future says

Get out.

the fuck are you talking about retard?

im pretty sure you need access to orbit to deploy gps.

Don't worry deGrass, they are not taking negroes on their ships this time.

>Also, NASA and space funding in general always gives a huge return on investment

Haha no faggot.

>there is nothing out there
Bullshit, asteroids are very rich in rare minerals and there are billions of asteroids inside our solar system.

Many private companies are getting into space travel. You think they wouldn't if "space was a waste of money", as you say it is ?

>lel you are a greek
You americans have no sense of humor whatsoever.

most people will think is only to get (you)s
but it's the truth. science further degenerates us, and churches keep us pure.

>there is nothing in space

wew lad

Not an argument.

You just don't get German humor do you

Does your dumb baiting ass actually have a real argument?

For chemical rocket fuels, we've ran the entire periodic table and we found that methane and oxygen is the most powerful and most stable fuel source in existence.

I said we only needed space so they would have the coverage. The development of the GPS is derived from relativity, and einstein never went to space.

>Bullshit, asteroids are very rich in rare minerals and there are billions of asteroids inside our solar system.

And they're all a net loss due to the extreme costs of reaching their orbits and returning. There's nothing in the universe valuable enough to warrant its extraction from space.

>Many private companies are getting into space travel. You think they wouldn't if "space was a waste of money", as you say it is ?

You're saying there's no such thing as a shady company? That a corporation's word is absolute?

>You americans have no sense of humor whatsoever.
We didn't destroy the european union.

Stellar nucleosynthesis. Look it up.

Neither is your argument from faith alone.

science fiction is not evidence. Trends are not evidence.

There is no dragon in your garage. You're refuging in flat earther logic now.

>understanding that Earth's existence is limited is somehow an act of faith

Can the children please leave?

>what a waste of money
>science is a scam

I'll bet the farm your Republican.

Well you can stay on Earth while other humans go and fuck the ayy lmaos.

The faith lies in thinking that the universe is so conveniently designed as to have a loophole we can exploit for every single problem we might ever face as a chemically driven lifeform.

How's that belief in god doing you?

I want those close up pictures of jupiter.

I want to see how large that fucker really is.

>so unless WE ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THERE ISN'T A WAY OUT OF A MISERABLE FIERY DEATH then's there's no point in trying at all

This is now becoming comedic. Please respond so I can remain entertained.

So you believe in god? That logic seems to indicate that you do.

I lack belief in a god.

"Believing in a God just in case" is I'm sure you know, Pascal's wager, and wrong for reasons that differ from ensuring existence via space travel.

>so unless WE ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THERE ISN'T

Seems you disagree with yourself. You only demand absolute certainty for things you want to believe?

A shame on your part, because we can make valid deductions that the Earth will either be cooked or engulfed by the sun and that there may be a solution to the aforementioned miserable fiery death.

We don't have any evidence of a fiery miserable death after we die.

Is this what you do? Just throw false equivalency psychobabble into an argument and try to equate two completely different scenarios?

>A shame on your part, because we can make valid deductions that the Earth will either be cooked or engulfed by the sun and that there may be a solution to the aforementioned miserable fiery death.

Same as we can know if there's anything we can do about it, and there isn't.

Funny how you'll refuge in "science has been wrong before" only when it suits your arguments.

Yeah, I agree. Let's end all drug testing and medicine methodologies because there's really no way to tell for sure if we can save people's lives. Actually let's stop all research right now. We've found solutions in the past but there's no way to tell if we can in the future so just SHUT IT DOWN.

>people are unironically against space exploration

haram according to fundamentalist sharia

> Space has never been useful.
> Posts 23 more times because admitting he's a retarded troll is out of the question.

>All these rational people in this thread
Thank God, finally it feels like people have the right idea unlike the faggots that surround me in college saying how they want to be part of the Mars mission.
NASA should be gutted and totally converted to pure weapons research for the military.

While I generally support anything that furthers space exploration and we could learn some cool things about Jupiter and gas giants in general, I believe we should focus our resources and time on the Moon, specifically the establishment of a colony on it. I don't know why we abandoned it. The Moon was always supposed to be the first step towards humans living on different worlds.

African american detected

Wtf I hate fedoras now

>1 id by this post
good goi 5 shekles have been deposited into your account

Someone's gotta keep an eye on those Jovian Juden and their flat-earth supporters.

how did space exploration ever benefit you?

Poe's law in action.

Actually learn something fags.

youtube.com/watch?v=_NqbRcwWwPw

>methane and oxygen is the most powerful and most stable fuel source in existence

shouldn't the common core generation be a couple of years away from being able to post here?

>We already know there isn't anything.
Proofs?

Teflon, Mylar, Kevlar, spandex, rayon, Velcro, zippers etc

One of the biggest impact space research makes is in materials development. So unless you haven't cooked anything in 50 years thank NASA for that non stick pan and the zippers and Velcro on your clothing.

rite now about 50 people are living in dollhouses to prepare for living another 5 years in a dollhouse on their way mars if they pass exam.
because we dont have cryo.
wut

I don't understand the hate for humans developing in to space.

There could be stuff out there that could provide valuable resources to us as long as we learn how it works and yet they simply want to look the other way and say that its a waste of time.

Space industry is not economically viable, and it never will be

>What a waste of money.
I'll just leave these right here.

21stcentech.com/money-spent-nasa-waste/

nasa.gov/sites/default/files/files/NASA_ROI_Report_July_2014_Final_TAGGED_2.pdf

is it a soap bubble behind the fan?
nice piece of modern art btw.

all of you "religious" fucks are just trolls. Or maybe this is the only place you can spew such garbage but you are why we are hated. Science forever and fuck myths