Will this show ever be funny again?

Every episode is the same now and they feel like they have to remind us character traits every single episode and not just that, every other line is about Mac being gay or Dennis being a sociopath. It's like they are worried that new watchers won't be able to find it out on their own so they have to remind us 35 times per episode. The gang is rarely split in two or three teams nowadays, almost every episode is all of them in one room and mac is being gay and dennis crazy and oh so funny Frank once being in 'Nam. Writing has become very lazy and predictable and even acting isn't always on point anymore. Do you think it's still a good show and if you don't that there is any hope it will be funny again? Personally, I just find it bearable and predictable.

Other urls found in this thread:

graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0472954
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is ppop the new cum?.

this entire season (besides the shitty valentines episode) don't fit this formula

do you even watch the show? it's been great lately

They literally replaced all the good white male writers and directors with women and minorities just to be Political Correct.

This show is dead don't expect it to be funny again

How does it not fit? Wtf dude its the worst post i've seen in a long time

Just started watching this show a few weeks ago and finished up with season 5. Really liked 3,4, and 5 a lot. The vibe I'm getting from it is very tight-knit. Charlie, Mac, and Dennis aren't just actors on the show but also writers, show runners and Mac himself is the creator. Cricket pops up a lot as a writer too. I haven't watched any new episodes I'm still far away from it but I feel like it won't ever be as good as these seasons I've been watching because it will keep getting bigger. They probably hire more outside writers and directors and get more producers in that weren't there at the start of the show.

They've split up in half of the episodes this season. Or are you saying they should stick to the same formula every time while also complaining about the show being too formulaic?

yeah, thats what happened but some of the best episodes are in later seasons
they take more risk with the new stuff so not every episode is great but sometimes they hit the nail right in the head
don't let Sup Forums convince you that it became utter shit

Yeah they split up, two od them were in the yellow water slide and two of the others tried the red one. And show being samey is the least of it's problems.

This was actually the worst episode so far. Not only could you see the ending coming from a while away, they filled like half the episode with clips from previous episodes.

The show starts to become hit or miss in the later seasons. The episodes that work are pretty great though no matter what the fags here say.

Haven't seen the newest but ep.8 was weakest for me so far.

IMO last one is the worst, literally nothing happens.

graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0472954

The problem is they know what a good chunk of their audience want and give it to them.
RUM HAM, etc.

Why was the latest episode so short?

Episode after fucking episode they jump the shark this year.

>Gang Turns Black
Musical, but it was just a dream, LOL!
>Water Park
Lets ride this terribly CGI'd massive waterslide, DUDE!
>Old Lady A Situation Comedy
Rig the house and somehow on the fly edit it as a sitcom, but dude, META!
>Wolf Cola A Public Relations Nightmare
A callback gag that was never even that funny is now the official drink of the actual UFC!!! WOW!!!
>Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer
It's a crime documentary, but wait no it isn't, it was just Charlie and Mac all along, LMAO!
>PTSDee
THIS IS HOW VR GAMES WORK, LOL IT WAS SLEEP DEPRIVATION IDONTCARE!
>A Cricket's Tale
PCP DID IT

I am disgusted with what this show has become.

And why did they make Dennis not like films if actors are aware of being filmed when he is a fan of Lethal Weapon and even made such film himself? Oh yeah, to remind us how crazy he is, just in case everyone didn't know even though they literally spell it out in every episode.

Because they had absolutely nothing for this idea and it really showed. It's probably best that they put that episode out of its misery when they did.
>18 minutes long
>a solid 5 minutes worth of flashbacks and parkour
They had, what? 13 minutes of original content which revolved around PCP and an incredibly obvious dog joke? Even some of their weaker episodes have kept me smiling even if they didn't produce belly laughs, but I don't think I cracked a grin once during this train wreck.

If I ever heard myself saying "always sunny sucks now" 5 or 6 years ago I wouldn't have believed it. But god it's awful now. A comedy that isn't funny

All of these are plots you would see on Family Guy.
This is what this show has become

I laughed at Charlie in the propeller cap

And I laughed at hearing "stuff it down with some brown!" again, but those don't count, do they?

can we boycott this stupid show already it sucks, lets start a petition on reddit or something.

So you lied then. I'm nitpicking, I get what you mean.

Sorry friend. It's already guaranteed at least two more seasons.

It pains me to say but you are right.
I still consider the first 5 seasons to be kino tv and among the best comedy shows ever made but fuck the last couple of years were a slide into mediocrity.
I still watch it and laugh occaisionally but it really took a dive. Should have probably ended with a different and better season 10.

The new episode about cricket almost seemed like a shitty pilot minus a few funny parts

NUKE THE SHOW AND MAKE THE CHARACTER REAL AGAIN FOR FUCK'S SAKE

The humor of the show came form the fact that the characters were so bizarre and awful yet still real human beings, it was a peek into the degenerate and dark side of humanity

Now they are caricatures of caricatures of caricatures and the plots are getting increasingly extreme and nonsensical and they have successfully flown the show into the fucking ground

YOU HAD SUCH A GOOD THING GOING

Reminder that season 7 was the last great one and season 8 was the last good one

anything past season 3 is trash

Yeah, the show is past its peak. It isn't producing as many great episodes but don't tell me you didn't laugh at all during Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer or Hero or Hate Crime?

>seasons 4 &5
>trash
Here, take a (You) troll

At least season 9 gave us The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award

>Seinfeld sits in his sofa and talks to George
>"Hey George, you know I'm Jew and I like Superman right?"
>"George is getting upset!!!!!!"
>Kramar dashes into the apartment on a pink bike
>"Heeeeyoooo"
>"Kramer please! I'm jewish, we don't like that"
>"Ok sooory" and he leaves apartment
>Elaine walks in
>"Heey, I'm a huge sluuut"
>"George is getting upset"
>"I am Jewish and I like Superman"
>Kramer walks back in rapidly
>rinse and repeat forever

>The Gang Gets Racist
LOL MAC IS RACIST
>Charlie Has Cancer
LOL MAC IS DATING A GIRL WITH A DICK
>The Gang Finds a Dead Guy
LOL LOOK THE GRANDPA IS A NAZI

Wow, it's like you can make any episode seem bad.

Fuck off

my dad works at steam and everyone there confirmed anything past season 3 is extremely unfunny

I really liked Old Lady A Situation Comedy and had a few laughs at the water park episode too

Hero or hate crime was awful, I liked that part with how would Frank warn that black lawyer but that's it. Making Dennis Reynolds a murderer also had one good scene with Frank admitting to the cab driver what he did but that's pretty much it.

Old Lady A Situation Comedy is one of the best laughs I've had in a long while, so fuck off with this autismo shit.

it was never funny

dumb yank humour where everyone's a loud and obnoxious cunt

Yeah, everyone should be wearing dresses and farting. Now that's some real subtle British humour.

What? You proved nothing with that. Gang Gets Racist has an actual plotline that isn't thrown away last minute, literally every episode listed there is a throwaway. It is a show operating 100% on premise by now, they get an idea and they execute it with as little actual writing as possible.

You don't understand the difference between that and summarizing episodes up in a sentence? You know all those episodes you written had actual plotlines, subplots and characters who's actions made sense and were made up of more than being a service to the "hook" of the episode.

I'm not saying that's any better

most humour's shit

they've probably just run out of good ideas the past couple season
every show declines after a while

>B-but the flanderization is good in this show because it s-shows their slow deterioration...

"No!"

Yeah, deterioration would work if they were going to darker places, not brightly colored and loud cartoon situations

the episodes keep starting off as a 10 and that ruins it.
before it would be something normal that theyd try that eventually gets out of hand. ex gas crisis, paddys dollars, home makeover, suburbs, dinner tributes.
now it begins as out of hand so you lose that transition and character reactions.
>cricket is instantly at his dads work/parkouring
>dennis murder documentary
>turns black in first scene and start singing

Yeah you can kinda guess how the entire episode goes. Normally you'd have good improv of the gang to keep you interested anyway, but no...

This season has been a massive drop in quality.

Where the last 2 seasons felt like slight dips, this is leaving a crater

What are the rules?

All this Cricket episode had to be was a day in the life, that alone easily has enough funny material for 20 minutes. Instead they had to do this dumb Disney inspired thing, where nothing in the episode actually feels authentic, just a mishmash of styles and references.

Holy shit the season is over in 1 episode? What a shitty fucking piece of shit. Yes I'm mad. It's more annoying because I know I'll come back to the next one because lord knows there's nothing else to watch

Yeah "look at how zany our characters are" every 2 seconds is killing the humor. Rob hardly seems like he even wants to do the show anymore.

Rob is too busy scoring progressive good boy points

Tfw gang goes to hell would have been a kino series finale that fully encapsulated the spirit of the show and its characters

It does feel like they're falling into that sitcom rut that the show was originally a subversion of. Like their own joke flew over their head. I don't know. I've liked all the seasons except this new one which just sucked for most of the time. I thought there were some gems in there, but the bad seems to outweigh the good this time around.

I think season 7 was as far as their degeneracy could go before shit flew off into cartoon territory.
>dead baby funeral
>child pageantry
And then you have:
Which was literally Fart Jokes: The Show. I can't tell if it's damage control or shit taste if people actually liked this episode.

I think so too. It felt like a series finale.
Should have just ended there.

I'm just going to hijack this and say that I couldn't get into this show...

I wanted to like it but so much about it feels forced. Characters are always screaming and acting way over the top, is that supposed to be the funny part?

I often see it compared to Seinfeld which is much more subtle and "calmer" in a way but still manages to be much funnier without feeling forced

Thoughts ?

Keep up until season 5 and see if you like it, it really is similar to Seinfeld but even darker and Seinfeld had lots of over the top acting like "george is getting upset" and literally anything his father ever says in the show, not to mention Newman. Last season is sjw pandering and 0/10 but others are good.

The funny part is how dysfunctional and mean they are to other people and themselves. It's not a traditional gag-based sitcom, though the later seasons are, and aren't funny.

>Characters are always screaming and acting way over the top, is that supposed to be the funny part?

i always see this criticism, but its something that happens like once every 3 episodes and when it does, it's funny as hell.

Why are the episodes so short? This one barely clocked in at 17 minutes. I mean they must have more footage? Not to mention this one had a bunch of flashbacks.

DUDE
PEOPLE SHOUTING LOUDLY OVER EACH OTHER
LMAO

>Keep up until season 5 and see if you like it
Do you actually expect the guy to watch 5 whole fucking seasons to see if he likes a show?

You're getting really autistic, man, the waterpark episode was fucking awesome, and PTSDee, while predictable, is the closest they've gotten to the old formula and it worked pretty well.

It's kind of hit or miss but honestly, Sunny still gets laughs from me

this season was definitely the worst ever. and the last one before this wasn't even that great. why don't they all just quit? charlie day is also doing movies now

Sure, why not? People read 300 pages of a book to see if they like it

Easier to get gigs if you sell out to sjw

Do you think the rest of the cast is jealous that charlie is more famous and successful than the rest of them?

Maybe a little, but I'm sure the fact that most of his movies have been shit helps

I would think Danny DeVito is more famous and successful than all of them.

show needs to work on actually being funny again. I feel like they try to do too many visual jokes instead of well written dialogue.

guy who plays dennis admitted he is jealous of charlies career in an interview.

glenn probably. he was up for guardians of the galaxy until chris pratt swooped in. also glenn is a far better actor than the rest

but danny doesn't even try to act anymore. he just sleeps through every scene

He is still the most famous, he will forever be remembered for being Arnie's ugly brother and Penguin. He also had a nice a little role in One flew over the cookoo's nest, others will star in romantic and stoner comedies at best. Maybe Mac gets some sjw role.

Since one is reddit is the only place to discuss this show? Some got assblasted here, maybe you would prefer hug mentality where everyone is saying nice things about everything so take your advice.

Jerry get iPad.

The waterpark episode was actually pretty funny but the rest of the past few seasons has been really fucking bad.

>New degenerate kino

>new degenerate kino
>with pic this time

As the show has continued Dee has gone from being Sunny's worst character in S1 to the best.

That's because other than the shitty character acting they keep trying to force down our throats, she's the only one who still acts like a human being

Blatantly untrue

Mac is taking too much screentime with all the sjw shit so they don't have any room to ruin her luckily.

no he's right. sunny works best when they put the characters into normal situations and let their narcissism and characteristics drive the comedy

Because all the other characters got worse

That's because she was the unfunny voice of reason in S1

Time to do some p to the c to the p

She also tries to act unlike some others, see Mac in the bathroom with Charlie in the valentine episode, he was insanely awful and amateurish there.

It's still funny, you just don't like it because either you got used to the humour and it got boring or youre a massive contrarian so you can't like popular things.

How did I get used to them being caricatures instead of actual characters or them repeating their role in the series every other line? They weren't shit like that for a long time.

The whole Mac being gay thing kinda bugs me. He has always been bi. He was never flat out gay, he likes girls. I hope, but know it won't ever happen now that they did this, that in the season finali they make him realize he isn't gay, just bi. Or something.

Yeah, why the fuck would he have fucked Margret McPoyle AGAIN if he was '''gay'''? I always saw him as a sexually confused guy who thinks he's tough but is weak as shit. Whenever they did those gay jokes with Mac, they were funny as shit. Never thought they'd make him full Homo though.

>finished season 5

You've just witnessed them peak. 6 and 7 will have you say, "it's still good". Then season 8 will hit you like a ton of bricks. And the show never fully recovers from that.

This is bullshit because I can go back to any previous season and still enjoy it just as much. It's like a different show now, and that show is terrible.