We are AMERICANS now

we are AMERICANS now

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/tv/tom-hardy-confirms-explosive-new-series-taboo-1999259?source=dam
nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/tom-hardy-grunting-in-taboo-1975429
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mmmmmmhmmm

FUCKING AMERICANS

Be....veee-eery...careful....now

can I go with you?

Just got done watching this. I don't think I've enjoyed a series more since watching Rome.

Not gonna lie, Sup Forums memes absolutely rekindled my interest in this series

I have no use for you

Literally feels guy

>I have a use for you

So I just watched it withoit subtitles. So im wondering. Where did he said they were going to at the end?

Fucking I want a Brace feels guy edit

Nootka/Africa but first they were going to go meet some man, forgot his name. They also are going to travel as americans. wOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF WE Saw africa and usa next season

Going to the Azores.

>Nootka/Africa
What the fuck are you on about nigga, Nootka is nowhere near africa. But yeah, they were off to some african shithole.

>Where did he said they were going to at the end?
mhmmland

[tophatting intensifies]

They have to go back.

Hmmm.

Ponta Delgada in the Azores.

hmRRmh

Is this show actually any good?

It's got good atmosphere, the characters are pretty stock modern TV grey morality edgelords but the main guy is just fun to watch for how absurd he is, intrigue is neat, supernatural undertones right from the start, and there's the guy who calls Delaney a nigger like four times

Yes, but imo last episode was really mediocre.

MmhmmmNootkammmhmmmnotforsale

I think he means Nootka and/or Africa, as in, both or just one.

>autistic criminal traitor

yeah sounds about right

It's Tom Hardy: The Show. If you think he's a great actor then you'll love it. The cinematography is nice, the production design is flawless, the plot is well paced and interesting, and there are some fun supporting characters but Tom Hardy is by far the best part of the show. I would give it an 8/10 but if it didn't have Tom Hardy I would give it a lower score.

i echo this

especially the production quality - they really do a great job with costumes, makeup and set pieces which all feel super authentic

how the fuck were they illegal slaves?
slave trade wasnt illegal in 1804

They are trying to get out of paying taxes.

did i actually miss them saying that?
or is that just something that you have to figure out by yourself when "illegal slaves" is not enough of an explanation for you?

As far as I understood it, it wasn't what they did, but how they did it, namely sailing the ship under the American flag so they'd stay under the radar.

this is taking place in 1814, I believe the slave trade was outlawed at that point

>Not mentioning Prince George

You have five seconds to name a better character. Oh wait Besides Solomon, Chomley, and Lornayou can't.

sinking of the ship was set during the end of slavery "era"

the show is set in the abolition era when there was much discussion over the negro freedom.

4 years after the sinking of the ship there was act of 1807 but that only prohibited selling slaves, it was still legal to own slaves.

but that was only regulated in uk, but you had the entire fucking british empire all over the world. not a lot of people followed that law and only in 1833 it was illegal to own slaves and niggers gained freedom in late 1830s late 40s. It was a fucking mess and it's hard to argue when slavery really ended in british empire.

>You have five seconds to name a better character

Brace.

indeed but that doesnt really make the slaves illegal

For the most part, when they couldn't ship new slaves in, it died out in the 1840s as there was no new slaves to replace the old ones.

US since the slave population actually grew (as the slave labor was tobacco and cotton, and not Sugar) it lasted a lot longer.

I can just go to the Taboo IMDB page and start listing names if you like, because Mycroft in a fat suit is possibly the worst thing about the show. He looks so cartoonishly fake that he completely takes me out of any scene he's in.

I'm not sure the show ever said that, though? I remember at one point they specifically talked about this, i.e., that it wasn't illegal at the time, but the practice was banned in the EIC because an abolitionist sat on their board of directors. Even that doesn't make it a crime, but the manner in which they circumvented the EIC internal ban was one.

these are gold, moar

>Use for you intensifies

There was a good thread last night with him making these pictures.

Mhmmm

it doesnt help that theyre being inconsistent as fuck with it

and then in the last ep they come up with this:
"An East India ship, renamed,
Laden with illegal slaves"
And flying the Stars and Stripes...
At the direct request
of Sir Stuart Strange."

hmm i think im gonna stop thinking about this cause the more i think about it the less it makes sense

That's a big hat

As with any kind of trade, there are legal and illegal operations. The EIC was illegally transporting legal cargo under the guise of an enemy state's ship in wartime, what the fuck isn't there to get?

please don't

Steven Knight is reallly retarded sometimes. Peaky Blinders is probably the best example of that. Fucking Russian Duchess ebin sexy quirky assassin, that was fucking hard to watch.

Is he gonna make it, bros? His character had a nice dynamic with Delaney. Delaney almost seemed to give him a little latitude at times, let him get away with being a bit sassy.

I watched this show for incest, now what? And no, his step-mother doesn't count.

I hope that bitch is somehow aboard that ship. I don't care if this is lazy storytelling, I want muh incest plotlines in my shows.

Or james finds out his mother had children in N O O T K A and he fucks one of them

>mfw Chun-Li is played by the same guy as Cutler Beckett
Is he a company man?

you know what I like, big boobies in georgian period attire, man that's just some good honest boobies right there

>what the fuck isn't there to get
the reasony why they specifically called the slaves "illegal slaves" after saying like 100 times that there was nothing illegal about them

even killing them was most probably legal, cause they were property of whoever the fuck

use

Is there going to be a season 2? I heard that S1 didn't do too well financially.

it's a money laundring scheme anyway so i wouldn't worry about the ratings

>Stuart Strange was killed on Beckett's orders

I forgot about that line, but I think the other user explained his point better. In other words, ownership and trading of slaves was not illegal in general, but the slaves the Cornwallis/Influence was carrying were illegal because the whole operation was illegal.

If you're illegally importing, say, a hundred TVs to your country, are not those TVs illegal? I gather the same applies.

Their TRADE was illegal in this instance, therefore making them contraband, they were probably gonna be found out so they sunk the ship with no survivors. It's not illegal to own slaves, but this specific instance of their being moved on a renamed ship flying enemies colours was illegal. The big part of the illegality of their movement was the fact it was an EIC ship masquerading as a US ship.

Did anyone find a ghost in the finale?

M M H M
M
H
M

Does Delaney speak horse?

Are you fucking retarded? If he can animal spirit fuck, then he can talk to animals. Learning to talk is step 1.

I started watching it this week solely due to mhmmposting

Yeah, that character is such an over the top caricature. It's like they read that someone called him a "bloated buffoon" or something and went with that.

Hes never spoken a word, it's actually the hat speaking. It's the sorting hat of tophats

Why the fuck Africa?

Their near Ponta Delgada, which is pretty much halfway between UK and USA.

Just because the cuck called him a nigger doesn't mean Mhmm isn't an injun.

mmhm

mhmmm.....yes

Is this a new one? Where was this meme wizard at the start of the season?

He let's his hat do the talking.

based man

The slave plot took place in 1798, trading slaves was against EIC company policy.

I don't think Sir Stuart was worried as much about the slave trading, but about his ship being reflagged as American, which i think is high treason.

Holy shit, he is Cutler Beckett!

Never knew that.

SECOND SERIES CONFIRMED

google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/tv/tom-hardy-confirms-explosive-new-series-taboo-1999259?source=dam

Mhmm

>mmmmm

So basically Sup Forums would have NEVER EVER talked about this show if Tom Hardy wasn't in it?

Who's been telling you all this shit? Hmhmm?

It's a BBC period drama, I watch all that stuff regardless

This
It would have done well with any stronf character actor.

why didn't he take Brice with him

Explosive.

mhmm

This is the most overly emotional tv character ever

>article links to the grunting compilation

Gruntposting memed this shit into notoriety way too quick, it's too powerful

powder

Lads, ANOTHER Taboo article - specifically ABOUT the grunting - also mentions him as Bane

nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/tom-hardy-grunting-in-taboo-1975429

mmmhmmplying you can get to Nootka

Kevin James is in this?

17 is GOAT

because he wouldn't know what to do with his freedom - so he was treating him like a domestic animal.

That concept is straight from Chekhov, friendo.

Taboo had no use for him, he'd get fucking killed in America and wouldn't even know what to do with himself there. he got nice house and money in London and can keep on drinking himself to death as reward for his service which is all he ever wanted to do anyways

Mmhmmm yes

>1814
>Chekhov
I'd search in Rousseau's philosophy

It was only a matter of time.