What the fuck kind of stupid name is Snoke?

What the fuck kind of stupid name is Snoke?

Who the fuck would tremble in fear in front of a guy name snoke lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_iVSGenjQLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's because he is the literal dark side of the force and he his true form is a dark cloud of smoke that transforms into whatever he chooses.

smoke and sneaky basically

in the original concept sketch he was a snake like alien

What we're pokemon now?????

They should have just named him Darth 66.

butthole surfers did a song about him:

youtube.com/watch?v=_iVSGenjQLY

i hope this is true so I can finally write off star wars forever

>inb4 hasn't written off star wars already

>evil personified trope

that shits always lame, its like Korra season 2 all over again

yes you watched it in your childhood but it was shit then and it is shit now

>EVIII features the tree of the Force from where the Force spreaded into the universe, after a male tempted by Snoke ate it's fruit and tricked his wife into doing it too
>Male became the first dark sider
>Female became the first light sider
Not even joking

Snoke is the snake from Adam and Eve

It's the noise Vader's mask makes when he breathes if you listen carefully.

You're right, he should have been named Darth Icky.

>SHEEV

>What the fuck kind of stupid name is Snoke?

>Who the fuck would tremble in fear in front of a guy name snoke lmao

>Sheev Palpatine
Not canon is it? I go by the movies. In the movies he is just Palpatine.

100% canon

Because his real name is Mace

>I go by the movies
What are these then

But everybody knows him as Darth Sidious or Emperor no Master Sheev or Supreme Leader Sheev

Obviously they are jungle jawas

I honestly can't believe Snoke made it to the final product. No one in charge of anything thought it sounded bad?

if that's true I hope someones kill JJ desu

this, or mini chewbaccas

From Snoke, 2 phantoms were born

Yes, he is officially called Sheev.

It was revealed in 2014 in the completely canon Novel "Tarkin" as part of the new canon continuity, and has since been used in following Star Wars visual guides.

Lucasfilm has been constructing the current canon with multimedia in mind. You'd be surprised at all the stuff in Rogue One that came from non-movie Star Wars stuff.

It's not like pre-2014 where you could very justifiably shrug off non-movie stuff as non-canon.

Do you somehow think Palpatine never had a first name?

They had to call him something.

The name is derived from Shiva. He is from Naboo, which is inspired greatly by lots of asian cultures, so it fits pretty well.

>counting novels as canon
>counting anything but the movies as canon
>anything but the OT as canon

shiggy diggy lad
for me, it's the OT and that's it

Shmi Skywalker Lars
mother of anakin
it's just full of retarded names

If it's not in the movies then it's not canon.

Don't give me your fanfic novels as a proof, EU apologist.

it'shmi mario

>it's the OT and that's it
Then his name isn't even Palpatine, it's just The Emperor

>counting novels as canon
Yep. Rian Johnson even helped with Bloodlines to help things fit fluidly into the upcoming movie.

>counting anything but the movies as canon
Must suck that Rogue One literally had three characters from the chartoons, and a flashback scene to a novel then, huh.

>for me, it's the OT and that's it
Well that's nice then. Have fun with that.

You're objectively wrong, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

>user tries to sound superior by claiming his fiction is more official than the other fiction
It's fiction.

Why is he called Palpatine anyway? He's a total pal as in bro, am I right?

>EU
Not EU, Disney doesn't deal in EU, disney has Canon and Legends, and Tarkin novel is Canon.

EU is non-canon and ended 4 years ago.

Canon books and such exist. Rian Johnson himself helped with one recently, and Rogue One had dozens of characters, vehicles, ect, jumping in from various shows, books, ect. I'm sorry if this triggers you.

>thinking only the movies count as if movies are somehow the only valid medium of storytelling
LOL

>BRAAAAAAAAAAAP

ew

>tfw Snoke will never be as based as a villain as Sheev

>taking plebwars seriously

it is a movie series for teens, nothing more.

Why am I so afraid this might happen specially after one of the pics leaked being a giant ass tree?

Rey, Poe and Kylo Ren are shit names as well

>those made up books and tv shows aren't as real as the made up movies

Literally autism

Underrated post

>it is a movie series for children

ftfy

>having to read several novels, watch several cartoons of several seasons and episodes only to get the hang and enjoying a movie

get fucked nigger, I won't indulge into so much autism only to enjoy a 2 hour movie

You don't have to.

If you watched Rogue One without watching a single cartoon or book, and you enjoyed it, then congratulations.

But if you did watch the shows and read the books, you would have got a lot more out of it, period.

There were characters introduced in the cartoons that people liked, who were brought into live action, that raised the stakes for people who were already invested.

The relationship between Galen and Krennic is also completely spun out of a book, the movie scratching the tip of the iceberg. The flashback scene on Coruscant was a direct flashback to the Novel about them too.

So no, you don't have to watch and read it all to enjoy the individual movies, but you'll have a lot more development and understanding of the characters if you do.

Daily reminder that disney ruined the str wars franchise.

>inb4 muh lucus ruined it meme

Sniff sniff

"Smoke? I don't know any Smoke."

>butthole surfers

cringe

>it's a movie series for toddlers
ftfy

i was asking the same question when i first heard it.

What is the First Order's tax policy?

>What the fuck kind of stupid name is Snoke?Who the fuck would tremble in fear in front of a guy name snoke lmao

Apparently not an autism ridden millennial who prefers names like Darth bad guy, and general displeasure.

Stick to your pleb-quels, sperg.

1 McChicken per figure, the best tax policy

>it's a move series for unborn fetuses
ftfy

Good ol' Snoke, making sure everyone gets their proper allotment of tendies.

>it's a movie series for souls still in the aether
ftfy

>There were characters introduced in the cartoons that people liked, who were brought into live action, that raised the stakes for people who were already invested.
For the tiny minority who did so, good for you.

For the rest of us, it was confusing stupidity that almost wrecked the movie but for the sappy ending.

TFA jumped the shark for me.

Rogue One was the proper plot path, but that ended for good.

Sadness.

(Unless the Enterprise beamed Ricardo and Bunnyfu onto the bridge at the last moment).

>For the rest of us, it was confusing stupidity that almost wrecked the movie but for the sappy ending.
Uhhh... You fucking what? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I don't see how any of the cross-media characters caused "stupidity", or harmed the movie in any way. They were implemented in fitting ways that only added to the experience to the fans that actually follow the series. Lucasfilm care more about building a vibrant world and cast of characters across all their media. They said from the very beginning that they always intended to have everything crossover and be connected, with the Rebels cartoon being the first on the list to be tied to the movies. (Three guesses where Vader's Mustafar Castle comes from user.)

None of them affected then ending, neither.

You don't have to watch the cartoons or read the books to care who Saw or Galen are. They were perfectly serviceable in the movies, which gave enough context for normies to understand who they are.

But to the fans who actually follow these characters and their stories and developments, it was a huge payoff to see it all realized on the big screen.

If this triggers you, then too bad, must suck to feel left out.

Introducing characters into a two hundred million dollar movie, which nobody knows, have no significant scenes or interaction, and thus no characterization, that you are supposed to care about makes you

Ahh, fuck it. You are an idiot. Multitudes of non-entities parading across the screen confusing the bread-and-butter masses you hope will pay you back via ticket purchases is not a good idea, if, you know, you want your investment back.

20,000 ultranerds to 100,000,000 ticket buyers: must suck to feel left out

They're lucky they didn't take a bath. Somebody rescued that movie from the idiot who included all those unknown, undeveloped things onscreen.

IT WASH SHNOKE
HE SHEDUSHED OUR SHON

Palpatine
Emperor
Sidious

All respectable villain names.

TFA was made with the RLM reviews in mind, and they criticized the prequels for having "complicated" last names. So they gave smoke an easy, short name that assures audiences the movie isn't taking itself seriously

>Multitudes of non-entities parading across the screen confusing the bread-and-butter masses you hope will pay you back via ticket purchases is not a good idea, if, you know, you want your investment back

What the fuck are you even blathering about? Rogue One was a hit. You're alone in thinking that Saw and Galen ruined the movie. Lucasfilm wants to bring characters from the books and tv shows into the movies and vice versa. It worked with Rogue One and they are going to continue doing it. Get the fuck over the fact that your sacred space-wizard movies are being defiled by unworthy "non-entities" you manchild.