Explain to me why having more diverse characters in TV and film is a bad thing

Explain to me why having more diverse characters in TV and film is a bad thing.

Look at all the highest rated TV shows. The Walking Dead, Modern Family, Game of Thrones; they're all diverse and that's why they're so great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ouM6mbtleUE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The Walking Dead, Modern Family, Game of Thrones
>they're all diverse
>that's why they're so great
>emma stone OP pic

This is beginner bait.

How so?

Explain to me what diversity really means.
Then explain to me if it's wrong if Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Russian, Latin-American, productions also needs that diversity to be good.

Because of the reasons I listed, in the order they're in.

>they're all diverse and that's why they're so great.

..That's not what makes them great though.

Walking Dead is utter shit though.

i wish 2 suck her neck

thank you for readin my post

It's not inherently a bad thing but it's done for the wrong reasons. For one, progressives always say that children need role models, but the type of role models they have in mind are millionaire actors that play make-believe, just because they're part of popular media and culture (i.e. more accessible). We should instead be teaching children to place less importance on television and movies and look to real-life heroes who have achieved personal success in their particular fields.

Nice bait, faggot. You can keep your normie shit.

people are annoyed by diversity because it's being crammed in. Idiots want black people in roles for the virtue of them being black, not because they're good actors or a good fit for the role. It's a bad thing because these idiots spout about how racist everywhere is whilst reducing someone's worth down to the colour of their skin

i know you're baiting but really, diversity for the sake of diversity is the stupidest thing of this century and there have been some fucking retarded things happen

>Game of Thrones
>diverse

Name one black character.

Having collected every color is not diversity. Diversity that improves motion pictures is diversity of character. You can have diversity of character without collecting all the colors and right chromosomes, and reaching your black quota does not automatically mean your characters are diverse in character or personality.

But let's turn this into a blacked thread anyway

Kek, diversity doesn't make tv series and movies good.
The writing does. It's the story, actors and post production that makes tv series and movies good.

Walking Dead has like 20 white characters and 4 black ones

show versions of Grey Worm, Missandei, Xaro Xhoan Daxo, Salladhor Saan, Areo Hotah

Still watched by millions.

Everything you listed is lowest common denominator bullshit.
>Lol I watch tv shows about zombies and another one about a queen in a medieval fantasy land and another is an extremely politically correct non funny American sit com.
Its like people have been reduced to the mental age of pre teens and yet in western countries the average person is getting older and older.

Is this the cultural and intellectual death of our civilization as a result of it being populated with very old people and young brown people with low IQs???

op bait is confusing diversity with tokenism.

>We should instead be teaching children to place less importance on television and movies and look to real-life heroes who have achieved personal success in their particular fields.

Like police officers? Oh, wait....

3 mexicans, 7 blacks, 14 whites.

Walking dead is bad now.

Modern Family is only sorta funny.

Game of Thrones has mostly white people as main cast.

No one said popularity = quality, dipshit.

So someone says "hero" and your minute life experience causes you to immediately think of police officers? Let me guess, you also though of firemen and medical emergency personal. Watch less television, pleb.

>popularity = quality

Guess the Bible is the best book ever eh?

>Low IQ brown person doesn't understand the meaning of the word "great".

When did Sup Forums become tumblr? Seriously.

I think you missed the point. Most people think of police officers as heroes, when in reality, they're always racist bullies.

You mean the people who routinely take out dangerous criminals?

Imagine being bullied by the failures that are the people that can only get jobs as cops.

That's low.

>show versions of Grey Worm, Missandei, Xaro Xhoan Daxo, Salladhor Saan, Areo Hotah

and none of them are main players

>they're always racist bullies

t. nigger criminal

I dunno, Jamal, maybe if you stopped selling crack to kids on street corners then the police wouldn't want to take you out.

Since it stopped being a place for you Sup Forumsyp.

>when in reality, they're always racist bullies.

I pity you if you actually believe that and aren't just baiting.

>people smoking pot in their houses while playing video games
>dangerous

Here's your (You).

>people actively supporting criminal activities by buying drugs

Here's YOUR (You), you stupid fucking nigger.

One time a guy ran past me really fast at night and then hid in some bushes in the dark. The police came by shortly after and I helped them find him.

Highest rated does not equal highest quality, especially when talking about the merits of diversity on a film/series.

Writing

Directing

Cinematography/Post/Editing

Actor quality

In that order of importance is what determines whether the medium is of high quality.

Fuck off Sup Forumsyp

you listed things he did those arent reasons

I keep seeing this in threads a lot lately.

Why the sudden obsession with pol?

Ooooooh great comeback, you totally showed me, user!

The last refuge of the assmad liberal: g-go away, meanie! I bet you smoke, too. Did that hit a nerve? Good job on being part of the scum of western civilization.

yes because police officers who kill innocent minorities are heroes okay

Didn't read your retarded gibberish, but you sound mad.
Now fuck off.

Hollywood is always making movies about people who 'succeed in their field' like Hidden Figures and The Imitation Game. How is having actors do their job also not a somewhat inspiring thing? Actors work hard to define their craft and make those millions of dollars but in the end they are just doing their job, acting.

actors have always personally inspired me to work hard

all in all, you are not constructing an argument against 'diversity' unless you're saying blacks can't be role models

>thinks he made someone mad
>gets mad

there arent enough safe spaces for you people

Let me break it down for you, user, since the point escapes you:

OP claims his shows are wild successes and examples of top tier television merely because of the fact they include a 'diverse' cast.

I am making fun of OPs sole reason for his shows being successful, and adding that he is clearly baiting by throwing up a completely unrelated image of Emma Stone. Greentext is often used to quote pieces of text in a derisive manner.

Now, does that make sense?

>Sup Forums shits on every thread spouting retarded buzzwords
>sudden obsession

>didn't read your retarded gibberish

Even better, he refuses to read, makes assumptions and then tries to look superior.

>NUH UH YOU'RE MAD

You're mad enough to butt in m8.

yes thank you

But you reek of Sup Forums and retardation. It would be a waste of time to read anything from you.

As politicized as media has become, is it any surprise?

>Movie comes out about slavery in America 200 years ago
>paints white men as evil despite the fact that there were more Irish slaves than African slaves
>More slaves now in Africa than there ever were in America
>Nope, decide to fixate on that... again.

Totally not political.

Stonefags are reddit cancer

What did she mean by this?

No asians?

>As politicized
Aaand stopped reading right there. This isn't place for forcing your pathetic agendas. Seriously go away, nobody wants you here.

hollywood is actually the worst

In with the old personal attacks, I see, you have surely won this argument.

2, I think.

That was you?! I'll fuckin kill you user

>I refuse to read anything that doesn't conform to my personal opinions

This is why Trump one and you only have yourselves and your narrow-minded natures to blame.

I don't care. You've won if it ring your bells. Now fuck off.

So, you don't have a rebuttal. Good to know.

>Trump

Go blog about your feelings, child.

>OH NO MY TRIGGER WORD

>Movies and TV deal with politics
>Can't discuss them without tumblr getting triggered

Make Sup Forums great again and kill yourselves

No, that's not an argument, asshole. Either you debate like a grown up or you forfeit your shitty opinion.

So mature, so tolerant.

With who? An idiot who praises trump everytime he opens his mouthole?

Diversity is pointless if the character is written like shit. If then only defining character trait they have is they're gay or they're black, then that character lacks depth and it's clear they were written in just to fill a diversity quota. Their skin color/orientation/religion/whatever should be incidental, not the only thing they've got going on.

why don't you explain why diversity affects the quality of the show first?

When facts betray the liberal, they resort to inventing entire falsehoods that, if screamed and parroted long enough, are believed to manifest into reality.

Terminal Sup Forumsyp

>my buzzwords protect me from the truth

>Hollywood is always making movies about people who 'succeed in their field' like Hidden Figures and The Imitation Game.

Over-embellished accounts of true stories aimed at winning awards and making a profit. I don't mean to diminish her experiences so as demean the intent of the movie, but Katherine Johnson was so light-skinned that she could just easily have passed off as white, and was born with a passion and inclination for mathematics so her being black is inconsequential in that respect.

>How is having actors do their job also not a somewhat inspiring thing? Actors work hard to define their craft and make those millions of dollars but in the end they are just doing their job, acting.

They don't work any harder than anyone else doing a tough job. Only reason they're making that much money is because of celebrity culture, which exists precisely because of the emphasis people put on movies, television, fame and wealth.

McDonalds sure is top tier cuisine then, by your standards.
Modern Family is comfy but also shit nowadays.

you whiny buttblasted shitskin

Ass Sup Forumsyp

>they're all diverse and that's why they're so great.
Correlation does not equal causation.
The diversity isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's the constant forcing down the throat of diversity that sucks. You don't need a mexican, an asian, a black lesbian, and a tranny in a wheelchair in every single scene of every film.

Nothing wrong with diversity. It's just all these people shoving it in for the sake of it and patting themselves on the back like they think they're doing something important is kind of retarded.

Because diversity for the sake of diversity kills innovation and excellence by not picking the best performance but purely looking at skin-color.
Also, the show you mentioned aren't 'good' (which is debatable) because the diversity carried them to be good but because the show apparently do something that is considered popular.
Go fuck yourself Liberals.

>that's why they're great

Back that up please.

I don't know a single person that watches a show and says "I love how diverse it is", not even the most ardent sjws.

Your argument also supposes that without the "diversity" you claim from these shows, then they would not be great. So it has nothing to do with writing or subject matter or anything else, just "muh diversity".

I don't give two shits about it either way, but you make some pretty big leaps there and I even know normies right now that are noticing the media's push of black male/white female couples and changing traditional characters' races as well as characters being inserted for the sake of "diversity" and going, "what's going on here?"

>I don't know a single person that watches a show and says "I love how diverse it is", not even the most ardent sjws.

Oh, exploitable!

She's cute.

I know it's already been said but diversity on its own is not bad or good. If it fits the story to have characters of different race, sex, gender, age, religious affiliation, then actors who can portray those roles should be cast whether they're black white green blue gay or straight. They should win the role of their own merit, not be cast because the producers need to hit a self imposed quota and want to virtue signal to their peers.

Diversity quotas in media like those recently adopted by bongland will kill creativity and lead to an even more sterile output no doubt.

FOR YOU

>Modern Family
>great
Yeah nah faggot, it's a bunch of degenerate fucks

Fuck off back to tumblr you special snowflake faggot

I always loved when there's a "vicious street gang" in a movie, and it's two white dorks, an asian guy and a black girl holding a crowbar...yeah man this happens in real life, I believe it!

My small brain is still very much attracted to her

PLEASE TOUCH MY BUTTHOLE

These aren't normal people though. These are people trying to get attention online. There's a difference.

Because "diversity" only means skin color to these people. If we're talking about cultural diversity by way of being made by people from different cultures then yeah it's a good thing.

this comes to mind:
youtu.be/ouM6mbtleUE