New Interview with Christopher Nolan about "Dunkirk"

nolanfans.tumblr.com/post/157900870658/christopher-nolan-interview-about-dunkirk-in

Fascinating interview

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WYGcMqMd128
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95__gXJ9l0
deadline.com/2017/02/oscar-isaac-the-garbo-network-spy-movie-1201908331/
deadline.com/2017/02/tom-hanks-greyhound-wwii-film-sony-pictures-in-world-rights-deal-for-tom-hanks-wwii-sony-pictures-c-s-forester-aaron-schneider-1201907812/
variety.com/2016/film/news/bradley-cooper-ww2-movie-drama-atlantic-wall-1201929254/
imdb.com/title/tt4721124/
m.imdb.com/title/tt1596576/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Nolan sounds pretentious as eff

BRAVO!
R
A
V
O
!

Germany let the British escape

The biggest since the silent era

LITERAL Meme movie

Looks boring

Oh Chris you jolly ole fool....Hitler did nothing wrong. Get with the times chap

Nope

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WYGcMqMd128

>Quoting a rightwing Nazi lunatic

That's rich

Even Charlie Chaplin shall hang his head and wonder "How did Nolan create such KINO?"

>NOLAN : Steven Spielberg’s movie is a long nightmare, it conveys an anxiety that has nothing to do with frustration or failure logic. It’s a biological fear. [Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s linked to our sensibilities, but it’s also due to the reality that is told. Steven created the ultimate version of war chaos. I wasn’t on this register.

So it's PG-13...

I mean maybe Nolan can do this, but for real. PG-13 war movie is just not right.

>but muh rescue

Yeah? Trailer shows war scene? And it's just comicbook action scene now.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95__gXJ9l0

Indeed

That's just his personality desu

Rundstedt?

Will the Germans be the good guys?

LoL... This meme is shit.

it's funny cause another British WW2 movie called 'Darkest Hour' starring Gary Oldman as Churchill is also coming out next year

Kino confirmed

I bet Dunkirk sweeps next years oscars

BRAVO NOLAN
What a real human bean

Time to retire that boring old decrepit meme that's no loner funny

Based off the prologue (which featured black Africans in French and British uniforms) I bet it'll be just propaganda of the glorious multi-cultural allied forces defeating the evil white male German Nazis

The kikery these days is unbearable

1/10

Christopher Nolan is a fag.
That is all

>Trying to make a war movie without violence
Bravo Nolan!

You obviously haven't seen the prologue then. Nolan has become a sell out

have you seen his films?

I like how he makes it out like it's an artistic decision rather than just wanting more money

But what he's saying is different than what most right-wingers say. He believes that the Germans simply didn't expect the British to flee continental europe, and thus left them to deal with later, then the escape across the channel happend.

>Nolan sounds pretentious as eff

Skimmed his responses and he really doesn't. This is just the same old "director" enthusiasm we always see. Pretty benign, if anything.

Remember that he is trying to sell this film to potential viewers at the same time. It's always a pitch till the very end.

ReadThat's pretty pretentious

Yeah I know they suck and are prentious too

this movie looks boring as fuck.

what did Nolan mean by this?

> tfw one had to mix the temporal strata

BRAVO!!!!!!!!

That PG-13 war scenes are shit for sure.

Truly the next Kubrick

>this meme again

It was the German armoured divisions moving much faster than their supply chain.

Same thing happened in Africa.

>Woooo, we have punched a hole through the allied defences!
>Hans, we have no fuel or bullets left
>Fuck

That and they got bogged down in the shitty terrain so they stopped and waited for the Luftwaffe instead of getting their tanks blown up by the French.

This just shows how badly he'll screw up a war movie

>That's pretty pretentious

This isn't particularly pretentious. But I'm a /lit/ tourist so maybe I've built up a greater tolerance to this horseshit.

It's honestly nothing 2 b h.

KINO
I
N
O

Bane on the cover?

Will Adolf Hitler make an appearance?

without wally fister as cinematographer nolan is nothing T B H

deadline.com/2017/02/oscar-isaac-the-garbo-network-spy-movie-1201908331/

deadline.com/2017/02/tom-hanks-greyhound-wwii-film-sony-pictures-in-world-rights-deal-for-tom-hanks-wwii-sony-pictures-c-s-forester-aaron-schneider-1201907812/

variety.com/2016/film/news/bradley-cooper-ww2-movie-drama-atlantic-wall-1201929254/

imdb.com/title/tt4721124/

Why are so many movies about World War Two coming out?

typical Nolan BS

Guderian?

>still lots of stories to be told
>It's still a great setting for film
>people still pay to see them
>clear bad guy (at least to the general public)
>celebrates traditional masculinity

Why aren't they using their guns?

Because of ((((Christopher Nolan))))

True. The only genre left dominated by white males

Imagine being Nolan, going "Oh Kikes you so fine, with your horrific ugly hook nose, I'll make a bluepilled cucked ww2 film for you" when all you really want to do is make a movie about the German perspective following a Waffen SS unit through out the war, and you've wanted to that ever since you directed memento directly out of the boonies in California. But in order to please (((them))) you make a faggot movie about the allied retreating from Dunkirk instead.

Sounds cliched as hell

Awww, it's baby's first history discussion! How cute!

The Biggest since the prehistoric era actually

Yep, and Hitler is still le ebbul badguy.

It's like poetry...it rhymes....

>PG-13
>War Movie

what went wrong?

WHy do ya think genius!

Aren't most directors?

Bane?

>Nothing about the Holocaust
Oy Vey why is Christopher Nolan ignoring the 6 GORILLION! It's like annudah Shoah!!!!!!

Because the theme of the Dark Knight Rises is the primal instincts of man. It would be a missed opportunity if the final battle was depicted differently.

So Nolan is LITERALLY HITLER?

Goering?

Heydrich?

>Cucky styles ahead of based tommy and based jew

Deep

(((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))) runs Hollywood

Good things he isn't on the cover thoughThat's Fiona Whitehead

who?

>Christopher Nolan:"In my artistic interpretation of the Second World War, Germany was in the right. I did Dunkirk from the Allied perspective because it's interesting to see things from the view of the villain"

Absolute madman!!!

/:

>Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.

Dropped.

>PG-13 war movie is just not right

Well I'm not an edgy 14 year old, so I'm fine with it. There's more to war than gore.

Threadly reminder that;

1. Hitler did nothing wrong
2. The defence of Poland was merely the shitty pretext for a war that wasn't in the least bit necessary
3. Russia invaded Poland at the exact same time, but we never declared war on Russia.
4. Hitler desperately tried to make peace with Britain even after Britain had been pushed off the continent
5. 6,000,000 Jews is a completely made up number that nobody can substantiate
6. Truth doesn't need laws to make sure you don't question it
7. Titus killed 1,000,000 Jews in 70AD and we're not crying about that
8. Germany only lost WW1 because the British made a deal with Jews to have them bring the USA in to the war in exchange for Palestine.
9. The real enemy was Jewish backed Communism, and we helped it win, destroying nationalism and resulting in the steady decline of European civilisation we see today.

Literally the bravest man in the whole war.

He turns and smiles in the face of death.

Sure there fella *cough*fag*cough*

>which featured black Africans in French and British uniforms
i hope you are baiting

Yep trump will play him

[citation needed]

Look it up

And no I'm not baiting

Your just not intellectual enough for Nolanism

>sounds

Nolan is redpilled confirmed!!!

>has become

Good interview