How come football, england's main sport...

how come football, england's main sport, became the most popular sport on this godly earth (most popular sport in 150+ countries) with the exception of english speaking countries?
this is seriously intriguing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6Q79Pfxm0
youtube.com/watch?v=T_Ixz3Uv5Bo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>how come the countries that actively wanted to distance themselves from their old overlord didn't adapt football

truly a mystery

that's actually good logic Hans

Probably because football is for whinging pussies?

Good logic but not true since rugby and cricket are popular in these countries. And american football was derived from rugby.

because 'football' is for poverty ridden shitholes and english speaking countries are not poor

Football was the unpatriotic sport for working class scum. Soldiers played Rugby and Upper Class people played Cricket and those were the groups that shaped the British Empire.

>english speaking countries are not poor

India and Scotland both exist you know

Most English speaking countries don't have much in common with England. USA is a melting pot and NZ/Aussie are isolated

Maybe if you're a wog and only hang out with other leb cunts. Australia is pretty much a sunny version of Britain.

I've never even heard an Indian speak english properly. It always comes out as "Habbu dabu nice dahba duba". Same with scotland now that I think about it

you could say the exact same thing about Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6Q79Pfxm0

Colonials were self sufficient and independently minded people

Hockey should make obvious sense for Canada

Rugby/gridiron/AFL simply more of a masculine appeal for colonial roughnecks

maybe because it's not our native language and it was stamped into an accent it didn't belong to

Soccer didn't exist in the time of colonials.

I'm not bashing you or anything m8
I was mere pointing out his argument wasn't really good.

I'm just using the term blanketly for diaspora

Because the civilised people who enjoy a patrician sport like football stayed in England while subhuman faggots who colonised the colonies were retards who liked watching homosexual degenerate sports like Crigay or Handegg

Ah I know m8 I'm just giving my take on it is all

another one I like

youtube.com/watch?v=T_Ixz3Uv5Bo

>And american football was derived from rugby.
Not really, more like they came from a common ancestor. They both developed at the same time

India isn't an english speaking country. Very few people speak english natively dumbass.
And if you are talking about second language than the entirety of Europe is also "English Speaking"

No one gives a shit about the entirety of Europe. This is a discussion about Five Eyes countries anyway.

wasn't original handegg more like Australian football?

is that how your female team is called?

Other Anglo countries developed their own football codes that they stuck to

>Most English speaking countries don't have much in common with England

Le Sup Forums nationalism