No one in STEM actually enjoys their job, right?

No one in STEM actually enjoys their job, right?

The work is so menial and dry. You're never going to be the one who makes that breakthrough, discovers a planet or redesigns the computer.

It seems like the only reason people do it is muh 60k starting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IBRL7D0wcXM?t=6m35s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Money over everything nigga.

boring af subjects=boring as fuck lives.

if you're not a stem or medicine major you're literally nigger tier trash

>implying anyone actually enjoys their job

Stem is for faggots who all want to try and be doctors. Go for econ or engineering, both god tier majors.

Kek.

>muh theories
>look at my paper guiez

Meanwhile I'm over here making bank in the trades, laughing at you tards while I bend you over for cash.
>has engineering degree
>cant make a fucking thing

I considered early childhood because I love working with children. Then I learned they make 30,000. Like fuck that shit I'm going for computer engineering earning more than double starting

STEM is the best meme on this board.

Not STEM majors themselves; I have total respect for them. What they do takes talent and patience and it betters the world.
It's the high school autists on Sup Forums that really get me going. The kids in AP Chem and AP Physics that have read The God Delusion 50 times are the best. muh starting salery yuh all retards STEM 4 lyfe

The best part is when these kids get their over saturated degrees and find out you can only get a job if you're a poo or a chink

>grades to low for a good school
>can't just pay my way in like a richfag
>have to settle for a trade job
>will be stuck in this job for the rest of my life because upward mobility doesn't exist in trade jobs

Loving this American Dream

soooo I'm just old enough that it wasn't transparently obvious that a degree in anything not STEM was totally worthless, but it WAS clear to me that there was no fucking way I was going to pass the classes to study, say, chemical engineering

memes aside, was I supposed to just kill myself, or is it acceptable for plebs to accept their fates and study things like Spanish?

I did engineering for a while but that shit is so boring and monotonous.

Switched to Econ with math minor and I love it

>Spanish
you're not going to be needing that much longer

>Stem is for faggots
>Go for engineering
You do know what the E in S.T.E.M stands for right?

>wanting to be an Environmentalist

I'm gonna reach 100k this year and I'm a fucking sociology major. I just started working in a factory and used my experience and bachelors degree to move up to management. Basically, there's good jobs out there for anyone willing to look for them and work hard.

Greentext if possible.

This picture is cancer.

I do. I work in R&D for an engineering firm, and we redesign tons of stuff.

I fell for the stem meme then stopped to launch a web startup with some friends.

Then I realised how boring websites are (we raised 500k usd and employ 4 ppl now) so I left and went back to stem.

Now launching a tech startup in NL

btw the offers I declined were about 50-55k euros (with healthcare and all)

tell us more

Why are websites boring?
Why did you leave?
Was the business successful?
What is the difference between a tech and a web startup?

> Be me
> today
> turn on the TV
> see a nigger
> who is this nigger?
> Barak Obama
> who the fuck is that?
> literally a light skinned nigger in a suit
> He is hanging out with some old lesbo on a stage
> She is running for president
> is he president?
> is our president literally a nigger?

>1 post by this ID
my stem job is cushy as fuck, and there is opportunity in a shit economy. the same can't be said for other STEMs or other fields.

the only people making those breakthroughs are in academia, and will be broke bernietards all of their lives so i will make the trade.

>60k starting
That's the entire point, if it was enjoyable then it's wouldn't pay that much and would be flooded with women.

That said, if you are after money you should really only being to doing computer shit, or engendering/chemistry/bio for dat oil company money. Any one doing physics/math is a moron or just legit loves numbers and crap

retired on my 24th birthday because i was too stupid for college, knew it, enlisted and got BTFO in iraq

cool story bro

>There are good jobs
>In factories.

Until next year maybe. We will be 3rd world officially when pic related is handed executive power. We will be shit soon.

>got BTFO in iraq

did you died?

I'm an electrical engineer and ya it's pretty boring. A bunch of mundane cubicle shit.

My first job out of school was a company that did work in refineries around the world. It wasn't EE but it was interesting work. Got to see some cool places and wasn't stuck in an office. I might go back to that job tbph. I kinda miss it.

leave troll.

LEAVE TROLL. Sorry it's not letting me reply if it seems like spam

>tfw majoring in biology
>tfw applying to medical school in 2 yrs
>tfw average salary is $200K+

who is it?

>It seems like the only reason people do it is muh 60k starting.

Yea and that is going to go away once all the new graduates flood the market more than they already have and the H1B visas take more jobs.

Computer science is a meme.

Websites are boring because what we did was an airbnb clone. So analytics, sem, seo, writing clickbait articles.

The fun part was dealmaking, partnership etc.. The entrepreunarial part.

Yes it was and still is successfull, I probably denied myself 1-2 M eur in 5 years and endless stream of pussy because we had comfy investors/ suport from city.

I left because I want to change things, With what I learn and work on (biotech) I can improve people's life meaningfully. Also, money for tech startup is really easy to find, raised 90k for nothing (EU grant).

What are the non MEME degrees then??

Is the world just too overpopulated at this point to get a decent job?

FUCK this gay earth

how much do you pay in taxes? 40%?

cs fag here, my company passes over anyone with a H1B to hire an american because no one wants to do the work to hire them

we basically have no women working in dev and it's great

Bro, I went to NASA and saw some crazy shit. Gonna start co-oping next year. I got to research this awesome old dude's million dollar rocket that was the size of a beanie baby!

Basically, STEM is what you make of it. Engineering and Science are the funnest of the bunch, because you can actually see cool shit happen and you contributed to it. Math is a snorefest, but essential to all fields!

Science
Technology
Engineering
Mathematics

It's dieded you fucking retarded faggot...

try not living in such a cucked country. your country doesn't produce shit. start a business or do freelance work with CS until you can find some neckbeard to marry you in the USA

Should I go with electrical, mechanical or computers?

I unironically don't know which way to go at this point.

STEM is the only non meme degree

My dad's an IT security consultant, and an applications developer

Sometimes he'll get a client across the country, and he will work for them for like 2-3 weeks, then get another client after that

That's the only STEM I could see myself doing

Imaging that? Getting paid to travel and tell people what to do?

Other than that the only stem worth anything is medical, and you aren't going to break past the 110,000+ mark unless you have a master's in computer science

Civil Engineering master race. I might not discover planets, but I get to make your life worse with neverending construction projects.

Enjoy your perpetually under construction highways and remember that speeding fines are doubled when workers are present. Slow your roll.

>1 post by this id

I'm a mechanical engineer and I love it. But I am one of the few that knew I would be an engineer since I was a kid. I was always designing, building, and taking things apart. So I pursued it and now I'm designing tooling for a great salary.

Any job in the medical world () is the most stable job.

Computer science coding can be self-taught at home, a ventricular restoration surgery can't.

what field do you want to work in?

i would look for jobs in the city that you want to live/work in and see what degrees they are offering jobs in.

ie if there is a ton of EE go for that

>Not doing Engineering/Business => Entry Engineering Job => Build Connections => Cushy as fuck management or CTO position / start-up using contact influence
It's like you want want to abuse the system familam

honestly, neither can CS. no one is going to hire a self taught cs guy because they can only make websites. you really learn a lot more at school that what they teach you on codeacademy.

15 years ago they would have, but not anymore.

I can't tell you bro. I don't even know you.

Just go with whatever interests you more. However I will say you shouldn't just do it for money. You'll be miserable.

I pull 75k/yr as a union pipe fitter. I'm 25. Zero debt because I didn't go to college. My cousin majored in chemical engineering and can't even get a job because he can't compete with chang and apu poo n the loo. He is currently working at save a lot.

Please tell me you're joking.

>startup meme

They don't call it "work" because it's fucking fun, you goddamn lazy goon.

What does this even mean?

>Civil Engineering
How's it feel knowing you are the one the most meme engineering disciplines, only slightly better than environmental?

Get money. Get payed.

youtu.be/IBRL7D0wcXM?t=6m35s

Why you bully me user? I'm a nice guy

>You're never going to be the one who makes that breakthrough, discovers a planet or redesigns the computer.

ok

I am a software engineering at a startup - I find system/algorithm design interesting work and it pays well. I can't think of much else that I'd rather do for money, especially not slaving away in a massive dimly lit air conditioned office filing reports for my boss from 9-5 until I commit seppuku (which seems to be like 90% of white collar jobs that pay decently.)

Because learning is fun and it is more about a collective coming together to achieve the breakthroughs.

You are welcome to make your own theories, no one is stopping you. The great thing about them is that even if you're wrong, it's still a good contribution to science/maths etc and helps it move forward.

If you're interested in this sort of stuff, it is always changing, always advancing.

I'm a dual citizen; moving to the USA as soon as I graduate LEAF university. The only reason I'm here is because I'm paying $2500 per semester and graduating with no denbts.

STEM is fine if you're relatively intelligent and comfortable with/enjoy mathematics. All of my friends who went into STEM are living comfortably.

I personally went the criminal justice/law route because i wanted to be a police officer and mathematics was always boring, but I respect STEM nonetheless.

Economists aren't better pal. They all watch Wolf of Wall Street and think they'll be snorting coke off a hookers titties.

tfw I unironically don't know where I want to live either

But good advice sempfam

Nice. I liked the pipefitter bros I got to work with in refineries.

We need to bring trades back...although I'm sure you don't want the competition.

smart move, keep your grades up and do a ton of projects. depending on the city you go to (austin, colorado somewhere, or another place with jobs) you should have an easy time.

don't be an autistic fag in the interview though

>Not doing Engineering/Business => Entry Engineering Job => Build Connections => laid off at 40 and replaced by poo in loo

fixed.

The worst part about STEM is hanging out with STEM majors all day.

>tfw I don't get paid for THIS shit.

>trade jerb meme
Enjoy being stuck in that dead end for the rest of you life.

no worries, you dont have to "move" per se, but if you live "by" a big-ish city or go to school near one, look at what they are hiring in. same goes with where you are from if you want to move back there.

keep in mind that a lot of engineering jobs might be outside of the city closest to you. lots of plants/factories are in the boonies.

Have you ever shot anyone?

Is 26 too old to get a CS degree, and get a job assuming I make a github with projects and shit? I CANNOT stand this dead end wagecuck shit anymore

If you're still replaceable in engineering by 40 you've failed horribly in your career

STEM is such a wide field, it really depends.

i got mine over 30 with no github. i had projects from school though.

i had another STEM degree and only had to take like 10 cs classes, was finished in 3 semesters

Too true, the stories about STEM personalities aren't exaggerated unfortunately.

it goes both ways. nerds get annoying, but 100% better than being surrounded by chads all day every day.

Elaborate

Have fun working to make humanity even more comfortable and weak, only for you and your profession to die slowly when it all falls down (which it objectively HAS to sooner or later). When SHTF, trade knowledge is one of the only bartering tools you have to convince people they should let you live. I'm sure you'll do real well with your large-scale infrastructure maintenance and app development when you can't repair a generator or grow food.

I'm in class right now. There are a bunch of super nasally faggots who have never done anything physical in their lives. Not only that but many of them are super introverted.

Not all of them, but the better they are technically the more autistic they are.

>high school
>on Sup Forums

Funny way of spelling reddit.

Some are unable to carry on a normal conversation, some fell for the "all STEMs are autists" meme and have no self confidence, others are loud and annoying because they think they're the next hotshot in tech, and a lot of them are just ghosts with no personality to be seen.

How long did it take you to get there?
What did you start at?

Sounds like I'd fit right in

A new engineer told me a story about how he was into lifting weights for "hours" every day. His biceps are literally as big as my wrists.

Funny thing was I was all into chemistry and science and shit until I took AP Chem
Glad I got out of that shitshow

I did 8 years in the military, so I'm sort of gorilla-mode. Some of these guys are in ok shape desu. Maybe like 5%

This guy sums it up pretty well. More than anything, they don't seem to have many interests outside of work which makes it hard as hell to have any kind of conversation. It doesn't help when they're super nerdy, but they couldn't get a 3.0 at a second rate college.

Second. I think I really should go for Mechatronics instead of Law but I'm really bad with Math. Looks like I need find some assburgerly topic in law and go for it, I think it would be Tax Law or Corporate Law.

>5% are in shape
Expect that number to drop precipitously after college. They all get wives and get a beer paunch after a couple of years.

> It doesn't help when they're super nerdy, but they couldn't get a 3.0 at a second rate college.
This more than anything, the people who managed to get a STEM degree but their fingertips are awful. Full of themselves because the degree, incompetent because they're actually just not smart.

I was pretty shocked at the low degree of physical fitness when I was in the Army, especially since I was an 11B ... but I was in 4th ID at Fort Hood, so there's that

electricians make bank depending on who you work for

oh god, a "SHTF" faggot who tries to cope with his current life by imagining that the world will collapse and he'll get a do-over

grow up and realize it won't happen

have fun working 90 hours a week

>unironically wanting to work with Rajesh and Deepak everyday for the rest of his career