Would America be better of if it were a British Colony?

Would America be better of if it were a British Colony?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States#2015_American_Community_Survey
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Americans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

better how?

the world would be better if it were a british colony

>no free speech
>no guns
>caliphate
>tea tax
>no freedom
No

do americans unironically believe they're 'free'?

Most Americans are british colonists.

>free speech
>I dont like blacks
>jailed
>fired

Only the dumb ones.

no, but it would be better if we'd never annexed territories west of the Mississippi

Relatively, compared to other western nations where you can be jailed for wrong think.
>jailed
This is wrong.
Most Americans don't have a single British ancestor.

"Freedom" to the individual is radically different
Generalizing like this is unproductive and dumb

>Most Americans don't have a single British ancestor.

that's one of the most retarded statements that has ever been posted here

but its true

British ancestry is seriously under-counted in the US. Most English Americans just label themselves as "American" in censuses.

>implying we can't be like australia
at least utes wouldn't be "banned"
Yes
>implying those are americans

all of those colonies were separate, there wasn't one specific colony called "America"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States#2015_American_Community_Survey

those are people of Scots-Irish rather than English descent most often. Still British though.

You mean English ancestry mate, loads of yanks say they have Scottish blood.

no it isn't, Scots-Irish and English are probably the most common "genetic" component in the country. Whether or not someone declares themselves of that ethnicity is entirely different. Especially if we're going by the term "...not a single British ancestor."

im scottish
*wears a kiss me im irish shirt*

>self-reported

Well, the English in New England came earlier and in large, established groups that had massive birthrates

most Scots and Scots-Irish didn't come until the late 17th century and mostly in the 18th

studies show that looking in a mirror is 40% more accurate than using dna testing

studies show that if your hand is larger than your face you're susceptible to cancer

As opposed to generalizing the entire population without any evidence.

which is exactly what you did in the first place

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Americans
>According to American Community Survey in 2009, Americans reporting one of the British ancestries number 40,234,652, or 13.0% of the total U.S. population, a significant drop from the 1980 United States Census where 49,598,035 reported as having English ancestry and 61,311,449 reported as having British ancestry.[2] Using the self reported 2010 census figures British Americans are the largest European ancestry group of all. However, this figure is likely a serious undercount, as a large proportion of Americans of British descent have a tendency (since the introduction of a new 'American' category in the 2000 census) to identify as simply Americans[4][5][6][7] or if of mixed European ancestry, identify with a more recent and differentiated ethnic group.[8] Eight out of the ten most common surnames in the United States are of British origin.[9]

Granted, a good number of those British surnames belong to Black Americans, you get the point.

At least "self-reported" can produce meaningful statistics as cited above unless you think that everyone is lying, unlike what you did which is pull an uncorroborated statement out of your ass.

even niggers have at least "one British ancestor"

>At least "self-reported" can produce meaningful statistics
no it doesn't. Most people know jackshit about their ancestry and just report the nationality of the last ancestor they had from abroad. Most Americans originate from the British Isles, quit being a retard.

It's still less than 50% even when you include the "American" category.

>Most Americans originate from the British Isles
Please stop.

>ugh I can't even
suck a dick chicano

Thank the Lord I don't have any Br*tish blood.

>Most people know jackshit about their ancestry
>I know everything about their ancestry
Two links have been posted here that refute your claim. That's why you should stop.

yeah, self-reported statistics. They're garbage. and you've been told why by several people, fuck off.

The german community is even more important than the british community

As opposed to your ass-pulled opinion, citing nothing.

>the first Americans were British settlers
>most people are descended from them
WOW THAT WAS A REALLY DIFFICULT LEAP IN LOGIC

Outside of the south most Americans are not Anglo lmao

>commonwealth
>usa
>australia
>canada
>new zealand
>united kingdom

Same shit for me. Full of anglo saxons.

>I never heard of new wave immigration that fundamentally altered America's demographic representation
It's like I'm talking to a child.

>immigration from the British isles stopped in the 1700s
>new wave immigrants in the 19th century didn't marry into the existing American population
you utter fucking retard

Catholics from Germany, Italy, Ireland, and now Latin America generally did not mix with Protestants unless they themselves converted, which most did not. And immigration to the US in general was quite limited before the 1850s, after which massive amounts of non-British people started pouring into the country in a wave never seen before in the country's history. What else would you like me to teach you today?