Logan Discussion SPOILER THREAD

SPOILER THREAD

What was the point of the whole buying a boat idea? Was it just to chill at sea so Charles would be far away from people if he had another incident?

It was hinted at, but was the adamantium really fucking up Logan along with him finally getting old?

Is the anti-mutant gene chemical still circulating in the world? Would mutants come back if it stopped?

Yeah the boat is for them to live out in the sea away from people so charles dont have to take medicine

Adamantium was allways poisining him but due to the transigen shit it weakened hes healing factor and now its killing him

So it affected current living mutants too?

hoo boy this was good. a bit dissapointed in how the villain died, but god damn this so much better than all the capeshit out there.

killed by the kids he was hunting

Yo that one girl fucking dr manhattan'd that guy

I wish there had been more Richard E. Grant, I love that guy. The abruptness of his death was pretty neat though

I thought Steve from Narcos was great, really liked his performance

Every time that chubby black kid was on the screen my theater started cracking up laughing. Happened like 4 different times, even right after the fucking death scene.

Anyone else get this or do I live near literal fucking retards?

So it's about an oppressed minority of Mexicans who represent the next generation of Americans being hunted by a blond man named Donald.

What did Fox mean by this?

there was some laughing when he was running but everybody thought it was cool when he zapped the one guard and then helped out with the death orgy

>drunk with friends
>call out "BESERKER BARRAGE" during final fight
>audience burst into laughter and starts applauding as we all watch wolverines do his thing one last time on screen

Thanks for ruining cinema experience for people you cunt.

>It's.. Got some water, and..

Was breaking at that point, immediately ruined by everyone laughing their ass off at him wailing on his truck afterwards when I was empathising with the desperation of what he was doing

It felt like a MK Fatality tbf
A+

>audience laughs and applauds
>ruined experience

What did he mean by this?

Squeezed and shit.

Yeah, my theater were laughing like a bunch of confused children half of the time as well. It's like some people can't go 5 minutes without some kind of overt comedic moment even when it's fucking serious movie.

Who /criedlikeabitch/ here?
Daddy

Did people really not get that Logan isn't in full control of his emotions? The one time he REALLY wants to be sincere and loving, all's he can do to express his pain is to attack something in a fit of rage

Apparently yeah, I was more annoyed that the friends I went to see it with laughed at it to. I think it's like said, most people are too desensitised and need a stupid joke every couple of minutes that they assumed it was meant to be funny and laughed rather than actually try and relate to the scene in any way.

>after he injected that green stuff and once again in his prime running through the woods
THE NAMES NOT LOGAN ANYMORE BUB

The brutality of it all comes from the fact that it takes way more mentally to stab someone than to just shoot them, even when it comes to witnessing it.
My audience was gasping when x-23 was on that guys back and just stabbing the fuck outta him.

What was the purpose of the kids heading into the forest? Im not sure if I checked out there or if it was glazed over. Did it have to do with the drones tracking them?

They were at the border to Canada and running across the border, apparently Canada is safe from the mutie hunters

So what was going on with Xavier in his first scene? I know he has those problems with his seizures and that's why he needs the medication, but why was he talking gibberish? Did he have some other mental illnesses or what?

my family kept laughing too lol

I thought the kid was adorable

They never really mentioned what was beyond the border into Canada. Eden was just the fire tower, and the one lead kid was talking to some female over the radio. Maybe they'll introduce Alpha Flight as a Canadian mutant team finally and X-23 can hear stories about her father fighting along side them in the good ol days.

I figured that he was picking up surface thoughts of people watching tv and was repeating the commercial dialogue

Why the fuck would they need to buy a boat? Logan and Xavier could take whatever boat they want, they're both powerful as fuck mutants, and it's not like they need to do it "legally" since they're on the run anyway

He spends the entire film telling Laura you can't just take things because he's still a good guy who doesn't want to hurt normal people

So, if adamantium was killing Logan all along, Laura doesn't have much time to enjoy her freedom.

I feel like Logan living would have been a better ending. It would have worked better within the story they had already written and would have completed his arc.

>Shouting out your "comedy" while people who have paid money to watch the actual entertainment become infuriated.
Save your commentary for your failed Youtube channel, dickhead. Nobody wants to hear it.

I was expecting them to have him live, but him dying after living close to 200 years made sense since ALL of the x-men died years ago.

Varying stages of dimentia/cooped up in extreme isolation.
Take your pick.

he lived for over 120 years

the fuck is you talking about my dude

she only has it on her claws and she could probably have it removed by a competent enough doctor.

>Logan lived for hundreds of years
>The stuff in the water and food diminished his healing factor
>allowed the poisoning to start
>the company that poisoned mutants also made laura to be a weapon
>hence they didn't poison her

She'll be fine.

Before he got adamantium skeleton. After that, like, 30 years?

I chucked because they somewhat framed it comically. However it was also a bit of a pity chuckle too.

oh my bad didn't think about that

when did movie wolferine ever team up with canada x-cucks?

Ah, thanks

>Theme about being stuck in your mold and not being able to shake who you are
>Laura is a biologically bred weapon that has spent her entire life being treated like an object and killing people in blind fury

Logan living and transitioning from his lone wolf berserker self to a man genuinely seeking peace and caring for others would have completely worked as he would be that role model for Laura that you don't have to be stuck in your mold. As is, the movie implies the Laura never got stuck with Logan's mold because he got her to safety, but I think that just doesn't work with her backstory and what happens in the movie.

>Caliban talking about how Logan never lets anyone in
>Charles trying to get Logan to stop being so prickly and enjoy life
>Charles saying that Logan still has time to stop fighting and live a peaceful life

There would have been a complete arc there where Logan actually finds a peaceful life and he doesn't have to continue on this path where he kills himself after Charles dies. He would finally find fulfillment in his life not by having some mission-bound purpose, but just by living a quiet life with his surrogate family.

>Charles talking about how he gave Logan a family
>All of the stuff with the farm family

Giving Logan living with an actual family would have fulfilled that thematic undercurrent.

>Laura literally saving Logan from his feral, rage-fueled self

If he had survived, I think it would have been more poignant as she would be saving him physically and emotionally. She doesn't really save him as it stands in the movie because, well, you know.

I'm all for melancholy or bittersweet endings, but I think him living would have just made more sense in the story.

Merchant was severly underutilized in this movie. He was fantastic in whatever scene he was in right up until his death. It's kinda bullshit he barely interacted with anyone else.

He was that lead henchman right? Fucking loved that accent.

He was the albino.

I could hold it back despite the tears, but where I actually start to cry for real was as Laura turned the cross to an X, the whole theater did.

There are a lot of glaring issues with Logan. The relationship between Logan and Laura was weak. Time and time again Logan abandons Laura for a variety of reasons. Just a couple minutes between the last act, Laura basically tells him that she knows he doesn't care about her. So when she ends up calling him daddy, cries over his death, performs his eulogy, and turns his cross into an 'X', it just doesn't feel earned.

Secondly, Caliban felt underutilized and Professor X a bit too... sporadic? Charles' cursing I know is an often voiced complaint, even when the trailers dropped. It definitely felt like he said fuck just one too many times. But then there was that bomb that implied that he killed the X-Men/Large group of people? I'm not entirely sure where that came from or why that needed to be introduced in such a crucial sequence. There was also another very important fact that the government was suppressing mutant genes through food and drinks and i'm sure that passed over A LOT of peoples heads. Even my friends were wondering why Wolverine's powers were weakening.

When Logan works though, it works. The action sequences are bar none the best action in any single superhero film. There are a handful of truly well done scenes that show great emotion. One in particular where the father of that farmhouse family aims at Logan and pulls the trigger. A lot of people didn't really care for X-24, especially after they have some crazy doctor and a dude with a robot hand, but I thought he was a fine addition. It's a bit on the nose, but Logan fighting with himself I found just a teeny bit stirring.

Logan feels like a lot of great pieces that doesn't have any glue to hold it together. You have emotion, action, hell even real stakes. I felt for the children in the end. But everything in between was on real shaky ground.

This. That's the whole reason why Logan works as a limo driver and not just steal Money, he tried to live as honest as it possible for him.

So why did Xavier's seizures cause Logan to kill the xmen?

I actually started to tear up when Logan finished burying Charles. When he tried saying a few words and his voice started cracking was fucking brutal.
Is there a more punished character in film?

Logan didn't kill them, Xavier did when he had his first seizure. Logan just survived because he's a tough fucker.

After he escaped the weapon x program and ran off rabid into the Canadian wilderness. Like in the comics

According to DoFP he got his Adamantium in the 70s, so near to 60 years in Logan (2029).

How does a treestump pierce an adamantium skeleton?

The Wolverine was kind of him wanting to settle down without powers. Only it was a monkey paw and he got screwed out of it.
Also people seem to forget about Logan's relationship with Rouge in the movies. Granted they could have overwritten it with DOFP but he already experienced what it was like to have a daughter-figure in his life. Rouge did the same things that Laura did, and maybe it was intentional. I don't know.

Is Logan part of any 'universe'?

Like is it at all a continuation of one of the other movies or is it completely standalone

I'll never get over how much I secretly like Jackman as Wolverine. I'm tired of X-Men movies and don't even like Wolverine as a character that much, but I secretly felt pretty giddy when he got angry and started his usual slasher's bit at the beginning with the cholos.

It's clearly following the "good" ending from future past, for all the good it did.

it makes references to bits and pieces of previous Xmen movies with some changes but is pretty much its own standalone thing

Stomach area?

What happened to Magneto?

It's part of the original trilogy. He mentions the fight at the Statue of Liberty and the adamantium bullet used to shoot him in wolverine:origins

Died in Xavier's psychic explosion, I imagine.

It went through his flesh, not his bones. Your stomach has very little bones in it friend.

Moved to Canada.

There's a lot of space for something to be stabbed in below the lungs and above the pelvis. The only thing it could have it was the spine, but you miss that and the treestump's golden.

wait it can only be one or the other, but now that you mention the statue of liberty and the adamantium bullet it seems like this is the 'bad' beginning of DoFP

Nah I'd assume the government or somebody got him long before that.

his gurgled yells, and eyebrows are pretty special

I was half expecting x-24 to just be Nathan Summers as a teen. Or maybe Mar Vel. Having it be a complete clone of Logan was a bit weird, but not unbelievable.

Man X-24 was really disappointing, dont get me wrong, he was executed well but he could have been much more, The whole movie was about the Logan family, and adding in Sabretooth would have made much more of an impact to his demise. X-24 could have been Creed with adamantum claws, they already referenced origins with the adamantum bullet, and Liev Schreiber was very much willing to reprise the role, it was very stupid not to have used him.

Plotwise, nothing will change if Creed WAS x-24, but it would strengthen Logan's death by actually giving closure to him and Sabretooth and leaving the new Wolverine (Laura) as the new generation

This really is my main gripe with the movie

I didn't like that he was LITERALLY logan, same face and everything. Like... they didn't need to do that. But I get that it was supposed to be a metaphor so whatever.

It's probably the "good" timeline. They xmen still have all their adventures and shit for a couple decades. It's 2029 by the time they all die.

it was a metaphor yeah but i also think they straight up showed x-24 in apocalypse so it make sense he's in this too?

Who the fuck was making all that x-men merch if mutants were hated and feared? Not even talking about the comics did you guys see that action figure at the end?

but he became a lumberjack i thought?

His hairstyle made him look like Sabertooth.

But by fighting himself he was taking on Weapon X. It was visualising the entire internal struggle of the character and his addiction to being a berserker rage monster.

Or Charles just reading Logan's mind in the 2020s because he's the only one who actually remembers the original timeline before DoFP

The people in my theater laughed at Charles jokes, and when Logan got his beard cut by the kids.
Other than that they were pretty silent, quite like that.

He should be around 200 years old in that movie, if you now count the year he was born in Origins as canon.

It didn't.
The treestump pierced under the ribs, and missed the spine. No bones there

Did anybody else think deadpool was in the movie because of that beginning trailer they threw in?

The chubby kid clutching that really got me also. Great send-off.

The first thing that stuck with me was the one bearded henchman that I saw getting killed by John Wick the week before.
What a career he's having.

What? I didn't get any Deadpool trailer.

>Shithead mercenary with no powers or presence keeps on living because the plot demands that they not kill him when they have the chance

I was so annoyed by the "villain" in this. He didn't really do anything except get his ass beat over and over again.

>Knocked out by Laura
>Wakes up in the desert with his backup right there

>Knocked on his ass during the fight where Laura and Logan are killing everyone
>Is the ONLY person that Laura doesn't eviscerate in that fight and gets up to chase as they drive away

>Gets mindfucked by Charles at the hotel
>Logan, Charles, and Laura just leave instead of finishing off anyone that's still following them after taking out everyone in the hotel

>Gets blown out the back of a the car by grenades
>Instead of killing the two bad guys that are left, Logan and Laura just leave

>Gets his hand shot off and then just sort of skulks around shouting "Git 'em, boy!"
>Inconveniences Logan for like two seconds with a harpoon through the leg

Like, fuck. That guy was so ineffectual and lame. I don't even know what the point was. They should have just used the doctor the whole time.

This scene too, great acting from Jackman, he should get at least a Academy Award nomination, I can't think of any actor ever in a fucking comic book movie who acted THAT good (no, Ledger doesn't count, I found him "good" but he had not near that impact for me that Jackman had with his acting in "Logan").

stan lee

no because for the last few weeks they've been saying he wasn't.

people have vital arteries all over the body, which aren't sheltered by the skeleton probably lacerated those.

The half-assed two timelines would be along the lines of

Origins - X1 - 2 - 3 - Wolverine - DofP

and then

First Class - DofP - Apocalypse - DofP Epilogue ----- Logan

He remembers the Statue of Liberty because our "Logan" has been through all this shit, even though the timeline changed. There are always gonna be a truckload of inconsistencies though because they suck at continuity. For example, our Logan being in DofP epilogue is like his mind went to future and erased the mind of the the Logan who lived between DofP ending being captured and Apocalypse, working in the school etc until 2014.

i have 2 questions:

1. what happened that cause charles to have a seizure and kill 6 or 7 mutants and injure 600 ppl in westchester? it wasnt properly explained in the movie, perhaps it was from the comics?

2. why is canada safe from transigen and the reavers? why cant they just go full on attack mode and kill the kids there as they have done in mexico and the us?

Logan hard a hard life...

The dude does a good sob.

I mean he just exists to facilitate movement. I don't like this idea that all of these movies need a defacto hero and villain. Like yes, the government/gene corporation whatever were the antagonists but really they are just there to let the movie tell its "does Wolverine really give a fuck about this child?" story, not the "can Wolverine beat these soldiers to save the day?" story

You can think that, but that's wrong. The Director said they follow the timeline after the last scene from "DoFP".

But we see the katana from The Wolverine in his Desert houses bedroom, so The Wolverine or something like it had to happen.

>1. what happened that cause charles to have a seizure and kill 6 or 7 mutants and injure 600 ppl in westchester? it wasnt properly explained in the movie, perhaps it was from the comics?

He has a degenerative brain disease, Pierce mentions it when he talks with Logan the first time