Who will get him?

who will get him?

>picking overrated japanese ppitchers who go full nuts on spring training, just to inflate the fantasy baseball industry, then go mediocre on first week
Yankees, of course

boring take : Mariners

hot take : Cubs

delusional take : Doyers

Yankees most likely but dodgers/cubs are dark horses. Seattle can afford it but they need a lot more than pitching. Ohtani would be better in the AL but I’d like him to go to the Cubs so we can trade Schwarber

>Ohtani would be better in the AL

NY SWINGERS

so he can DH

No team is going to let an ace pitcher risk injury by batting and running the bases

lol

Two words: Boston Red Sox

>NLtards
Go watch your inferior product elswhere

I would've said >what is the NL but they don't have ace pitchers

>hitting and running around bases is dangerous
>you cant let babe ruth do that!
truly the arcade league

In the World Series, when the NL is offered the option to use the DH, they universally choose to use it. That tells you all you need to know about "muh pure baseball"
>hey let's watch another pitcher hit .200 in the 9 hole

Where's that MS Paint comic of the NL being AAAA baseball?

so it is because you hate seeing strategy and just want to see a full lineup of 300 hitters or do you think running around bases is somehow dangerous?

The only fitting choice would be the Yanks.

the best pitcher in the MLB is in the NL

Stephen Wright, pitcher for the Red Sox and their best one at the time, got injured after his manager used him to pinch run in 2016. I'm not saying it's particularly dangerous to run the bases or hit, but it's an unnecessary risk. Anyone can hit 20 homers as a DH in this league, but not everyone can pitch like Ohtani.

Likely: Yankees

Possibly: Dodgers, Mariners, Rangers

Delusion: Cubs, Giants, anyone else

>better not let babe ruth hit or he might end up on a 15-day DL

Are you seriously comparing Ohtani, a career .286 hitter in JAPAN, to fucking Babe Ruth?

There are plenty of players with equivalent or greater power than can't also pitch. Quit being a retard for attention

kek
double kek

Theo Epstein has a good relationship with Ohtani's agent, Nez Balelo, the same guy who represented Daisuke (lifelong dodgers fans look this guy up). Joe Maddon has a history of playing pitchers in the field. See: Travis Wood. The Cubs have sent multiple scouts for weeks at a time to scout him.

The Cubs are on the short list, and I think he will go there. Do NOT screencap this post.

rockies desu

Dodgers pls so we can see Puig mess with him in the dugout

The most ace at the most important time. Also can hit.

I think the only thing the Cubs have as an advantage is that they can say that Ohtani will be THE ace for the cubs while he would only be second fiddle to Kershaw on the Dodgers

it won't be an NL team

Astros lel

Top kek. The Giants will land this guy and Stanton.. then proceed to shit the bed for 3 to 4 years with a ridiculously bloated salary.

would be epic but our rotation is already pretty good