I see Baseball in media all my life and I've never bothered to learn the rules

I see Baseball in media all my life and I've never bothered to learn the rules...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wQE3IvbxnIE
youtube.com/watch?v=gM9RiIvUvjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I see women in media all my life and I've never bothered to learn what a vagina feels like...

Baseball is in the German media?

I see little girls in media all my life

can the guy who is running intercept the ball?

Yes, but he'll be out. Kappa KappaPride OMEGALUL LUL MingLee PogChamp 4Head

No, if the player running the bases is touched with the ball, they are "out". The goal is to put the ball in play, and come around the bases to score, by touching home plate.

Since it's hard to advance all the way around in one hit, as the webm shows, teams rely on stringing hits together to score runs.

Why there are times that the player in the first base start running to the second when he sees the catcher from the other team dropping the ball?

he can steal whenever he wants, if the catcher drops the ball he's much more likely to make it
youtube.com/watch?v=wQE3IvbxnIE

You can advance to the next base at any time, unless it's occupied. If the catcher drops the ball or can't catch the pitch (called either a wild pitch or a passed ball), the runner is free to advance.

see that. the game is pretty complex.

I'm baffled how of all things americans enjoy it so much

It's really not, it only seems complex because there is a huge metagame around how you're supposed to play. there are actually very few rules, you are safe when you're on the base and you're out when they touch you with the ball. if you get all the way around you get a point.

Aren't all those players being payed many millions to catch the ball? Why are they so shaky?

It may seem complex, but once you understand the basic concepts everything else makes sense. The best way to understand is really to watch a game.

If anyone wants to see a masterful pitching performance as their first full baseball game, I'm going to link one here.

youtube.com/watch?v=gM9RiIvUvjw

you can watch baseball for years and never see a play that bad, most full games don't have any errors but there was like 3 on that one play

to someone who doesn't know how amazing a good pitching game is or how hard it is to hit, a perfect game might actually seem kind of boring.

What matters is that the only way to score is making runs, and a run is made when a player from the hitting team goes though all the 3 bases and the Home Plate (that is were the hitter is hitting). The rest you can figure out by watching and asking to the amerilards. American Baseball fans are cool because they hate Niggercollide as much as >we do.

As far as I know a baseball game doesn't have a fixed length. How do the TV stations schedule the games?

usually just give it 2 and a half hours and put a postgame show on after it, so if it ends early or late they just eat some time out of the postgame report. I use MLBTV though so not exactly sure what they do with 15 inning games and stuff.

Makes sense.
The other thing about baseball I'm vaguely fascinated by is the sheer amount of games. You could basically watch baseball every night for half a year, right?

if you have no life and want to know more about baseball watch ken burns' baseball documentary. hell, I'm not even done with it yet

Pretty much, 162 games from April to October. The great thing about it is the tickets are a lot cheaper since they have so many games to get revenue, so I can just stop by and watch a game with a standing ticket any afternoon for like 15$.