Armond White's Oscars Write-Up is Out

>The moment La La Land producer Jordan Horowitz ripped the Academy Awards announcement card from Warren Beatty’s hands told you everything you need to know about the brattiness of La La Land and the people who made it.

>Caught in a moment of surprise and anger, after learning that the Best Picture Award announcement was in error, Horowitz, who had just made an unfortunate acceptance speech, responded to the instant humiliation with take-charge arrogance. The annual ceremony was now his show. Instead of waiting for Academy officials to correct the slip-up, Horowitz showed the world how type-A Hollywood hot dogs operate: He summoned Moonlight’s producers (the official winners) to the stage with all the authority of a high-school principal calling order to the basketball squad, or herding cats.

>What are the politics of this incident? The same that we see in La La Land and Moonlight and in the adulation heaped on them by the movie industry. Both films exemplify this era’s cinematic illiteracy and social hypocrisy: La La Land director Damien Chazzelle misunderstands the movie-musical genre; Moonlight director Barry Jenkins aesthetically distorts the race-problem genre. (Currently these directors star on the Variety cover in a brotherhood pose to assure the industry that all is utopia.)

>But the Horowitz incident exposes the truth about Hollywood’s principles and egotism, and thus it was a fitting climax to the most politicized — and most nauseating — Oscar program in history. Horowitz’s undisguised selfishness bum-rushed Old Hollywood ceremony. Horowitz, a 37-year-old neophyte, reduced 80-year-old Beatty (forgotten producer of the classic Bonnie & Clyde and star of the classics McCabe & Mrs. Miller and Shampoo) to befuddlement. Beatty’s gallant attempt at politesse and procedure was overrun by Horowitz.

More at
nationalreview.com/article/445444/oscars-awards-fiasco-crybullies-revenge

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BP-EP0uot3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Once again he is right about everything.

>Horowitz, who had just made an unfortunate acceptance speech, responded to the instant humiliation with take-charge arrogance. The annual ceremony was now his show. Instead of waiting for Academy officials to correct the slip-up, Horowitz showed the world how type-A Hollywood hot dogs operate: He summoned Moonlight’s producers (the official winners) to the stage with all the authority of a high-school principal calling order to the basketball squad, or herding cats.

that's how i felt. it really was very arrogant and poorly done. a better man would not have done that, but he had to take his anger out on beatty and then take charge of the whole situation to show how big he is. what a faggot. and i don't give a fuck about moonlight, but he needlessly ruined their moment, it could have been rescued in a much more elegant and respectful way but his pride took priority.

woah someone got mad for obvious reasons and this proves he is bad artist/person whatever!

>type-A Hollywood hot dog
Is this code for faggots?

while i rarely agree with White, i do think his take on Horowitz's behavior is spot on. Beatty deserved better treatment. however, White's assessment of Chazzelle is old man yells at cloud tier, and i didn't even like La La Land. same with his take on Moonlight and Jenkins. for a smart guy, Armond White really is a shit for brains.

The fuck.
He minimized confusion and gave the stage as soon as he could.
He did nothing wrong.

> Moonlight director Barry Jenkins aesthetically distorts the race-problem genre. (Currently these directors star on the Variety cover in a brotherhood pose to assure the industry that all is utopia.)

He didn't actually watch the movie or pay attention to it.

Did you read the actual Armond review of Moonlight?

How can one man be spot on all the fucking time? Based Armond is a god.

Damn he's right. How does Armond remain so objective? He's like a laser guided missile of critique and truth.

what a fucking faggot lol

Post it.

King of Sup Forums

I liked both La La Land and Moonlight.

Armond liked neither of those films but he did like Hidden Figures.

Jewish arrogance and pushiness

Well you know what they say, taste is subjective. I respect his opinion, even though I don't agree.

Manchester by the Sea should have won

Oscars is a farce

Armond wants to name (((them))) but unfortunately can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=BP-EP0uot3M

National Review is more Jewish than Hollywood but Armond has armor (his black gayness) and he's a badass

I think people shitting on the La La Land producer need to empathise a little. The guy thought he had just won the biggest prize at the oscars, which is probably the peak achievement for someone in that field of work, and then it turns out to be an error by someone behind the scenes.

He handled it pretty well considering, I can understand him being pretty pissed.

>Horowitz bullied Beatty
Holy shit the insecurity is glaring through the words. This is mere projection. How the fuck could Armond, or anyone possibly empathize with the La La Land producers and what they went through? Soon as they found out it the reality of the situation they were immediately amicable for the Moonlight guys.

Also, why the fuck is he connecting this event mistake to politics/social allegories? Because Horowitz shouldn't have showed some humanity before professionalism despite the fact that he was unprecedentedly punked on national TV?

I don't always agree with Armond but I do always find his reviews entertaining

>Horowitz’s affront resembled the meanness of post-election protesters who, with their secretly funded placards and pink pussycat hats, intend to have their way while trying to appear righteous.

literally naming soros in the middle of an oscar rundown

4ever our guy

It's like the majority of the fags ITT forgot that Armond is a dedicated troll.

>Also, why the fuck is he connecting this event mistake to politics/social allegories?

He knows nothing else

Childhood is hating armond white and his reviews

adulthood is worshipping armond for being the only one willing to call out the overrated trash of modern hollywood

He made Warren look like a senile retard

There's honestly something a bit autistic about Armond

>Soon as they found out it the reality of the situation they were immediately amicable for the Moonlight guys.

He did what he did to save face and avoid having anyone other than himself arrange the terms of the handover. It was instantly obvious. He doesn't give a fuck about the people behind Moonlight and chose to be their big white master and call them up on stage.

No this is not a joke! I'm serious!

>that makes him not retarded if he does it ironically

unironically this

and his "i'm proud to hand over my award to the moonlight crew" comment. no one gives a shit

You can say that about Faye. He had the look frustrated confusion the entire time he was on stage and she bailed him out at the end.

It's why he is the king of Sup Forums.

>get cucked and embarrassed on live television in front of millions
>get your dreams crashed in front of you
>literally humiliated
>somehow you are the bad guy for reacting a little pissed

and I love all the fags here that wish death on people when they disagree with them acting like they have the moral high ground of judging a guy getting mad at a terrible situation

He should've known his shit flick wouldn't win

That's what you do. When you're on the live stage around people and professionals that's what you do. Whether you truly mean can't be unknown and has never mattered.

Imagine if they just handed the award back to the reps and walked off stage without saying anything. Would that have been better? Is there even a right way to approach this predicament that NEVER HAPPENED before? Can you blame them? Who are you to pass judgement on someone you can't empathize with?

>NEVER HAPPENED before?
Happened a year earlier in the miss universe competition

I felt sorry for beatty he looked like a confused old man who could be suffering from Alzhemiers or something and Horowitz just put him on blast for the whole world to see rather than letting him correct the situation, literally no class, it's like embarrasing your grandpa for no good reason.

This. This is trolling.

The only greater troll is God.
>lol I'll make sentient life but place it in a vast empty meaningless universe

Because it was his fault.
He could have easily said "Wait something isn't right" or stop the guy before he started his speech but he did nothing.

taste is subjective, but one of those movies is better than the other.

The real problem was that Old woman who read it out. She half-read the wrong card, assumed the old man was senile and rushed to announce it. What a hag!

Fuck Old women. They are cancer. Kill them all.... except my granny. She's awesome.

faye dunaway made the announcement,warren went on stage to try and fix it. warren passed faye the card so she could check it because he had doubts, that's why he obviously stalls, yet she just takes the card and immediately reads it out.

Exactly right! She's the culprit here.

I get where youre coming from but it was Faye who fucked it up

Beatty still didn't try to correct anyone after Faye fucked it up. He's #4 most responsible. Faye is #3, and #1 and #2 are the cowardly PwC accountants who handed out the wrong envelope and then did nothing while La La Land came out to accept the award.

He goes out of his way to make the most contrarian reviews. He was fucking banned from RT for it.

What he should have done was wait for Warren Beatty to make the announcement that Moonlight had won, and then hand the award over to the Moonlight crew.

Both of those sentences are wrong.

Yeah, it was a pretty post-9/11 Obama moment.

>nu-males can't deal with an alpha male getting in charge of the situation and solving it instead of waiting for others to do it

Haha, just the thought of an omnipotent being so BASED as to create us just to laugh at our misery and loneliness in the universe is truly the only explanation for it all.

Hail BASED GOD, he probably already god bored of us and forgot we were out here. All that is left us are the echoes of his laughter.

>people still thinking White's reviews are "like or dislike" statements
the time we live on

>alpha male
What are we? Wolfs?

How does he keep getting away with it?

>Get embarassed
>Lash out and take it out on everyone instead of venting in private

>millions

Ahahaha

Oscar viewership was down to 60,000.

30+ million people watched the show, you can just google it

Not true. They fake numbers for advertisers. I work for the network and the viewership was 60,000.

By being black.

They do this shit on purpose to generate interest.

no you dont

>He did what he did to save face

Well if there was anyone on that stage who deserved an opportunity to save face, it was him. All you faggots are judging him because is sour grapes because in a similar situation you would lose your ability to speak, start shaking, and quietly piss your pants. Horowitz, on the other hand, not being a social retard, did his best to unfuck the awkward situation, the situation he wasn't even responsible for, since the people that caused it weren't even there to fix it themselves

Nigger, he lost his dream up on stage after being given it, you may not have any aspirations but he did and he won then lost them in a matter of seconds, sorry he didn't act like a fucking robot after losing his dream.

I think you're missing the fact that Horowitz is a Jewish name and he probably arranged to give Beatty the wrong envelope whilst smirking Jewishly.

Everyone else seemed to handle themselves without resorting to impotent rage