ITT: Moments in history you were proud of your country/ethnic group of origin

ITT: Moments in history you were proud of your country/ethnic group of origin.

Watching Ken Burns Vietnam documentary, quite proud the kind of shit my country on both sides did to resist americans/french. absolute feats of cooperation with women joining in to fight a war, hundreds of thousands of men and women working together to kick out the invaders, build and repair trails and roadways that get bombed daily, etc.

battles with zero arties and air forces and absolutely stacked against you, but clever enough to get near americans and destroy them/using tactics to counter american tech. transporting arties through a jungle to decimate an entire french army at dien bien phu. one woman massacring an entire squad of americans after losing 4 brothers fighting the french then 4 fighting the americans.

the resistance to americans/french should be remembered as one of the greatest feats in history by an underdog.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Uman
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/how-mrs-thatcher-lost-hong-kong-ten-years-ago-fired-up-by-her-triumph-in-the-falklands-war-margaret-thatcher-flew-to-peking-for-a-lastditch-attempt-to-keep-hong-kong-under-british-rule--only-to-meet-her-match-in-deng-xiaoping-two-years-later-she-signed-the-agreement-handing-the-territory-to-china-1543375.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_of_sovereignty_over_Hong_Kong#Talks
liveleak.com/view?i=ecd_1365482566
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good times my man. always good to see the underdogs fight imperialist scum.

>that time when the IRA bombed the City of London
>bringing the fight to the english elites

I congratulate Vietnam for going up against all odds and coming out victorious.

The western imperialists got their shit tucked in but still have not learned their lesson

>Canadian Jungle Chink

No surprise here. France is the best thing that happened to your backward people.

Bringing death to invaders is always necessary, and a heroic struggle that prevents nations from being turned into cucksheds (Sweden, USA, UK, France). A fight against foreign invaders is always a fight between good and evil.

Poland remembers and knows this well.

>Says the country that laid on its back and opened its legs to the Germans
>Would rather fucking surrender than fight
>Commit atrocities, razes places, hires mercenaries and still gets btfo

just because your country cannot into heroic resistance and has to bully other countries doesn't give you reason to talk shit m8.

He's/she's/gender's an alien, He's/she's/gender's an legal alien , He's/she's/gender's a vietnamese in canadaaaaaaa...

woah oh!

And why are you in Canada, then?

Kek

China is getting rdy to invade the USA through canada.

it's like GLA with their networks n stuff.

We live in a command & conquer world my white devil comrade.

I said country/ethnic group.

I also feel some nationalism when canadians wiped out american invaders during the war of 1812. lived near a battlefield and visited it as a kid twice.

The whole point was to strike the financial upper class without working class casualties.

>raids against Byzantium/Bulgarias in 800-1000s
>church since 988 till modern days
>resisting Mongols till last drop of blood, with whole cities being burnt to the ground, but not surrendering
>crusaders BTFO by Nevsky
>unification of such big country in just some ~100-150 years in 1400-1500s
>country-level uprisings against poles in early 1600s
>Peter I modernizing the country in just 20 years
>golden age of Russian empire under Catherine II
>science, especially Lomonosov, going from some poor fisherboy to one of the greatest minds of his time
>war of 1812
>poetry, especially Pushkin and Lermontov
>survival of communist Russia
>Stalin modernizing the country in just 20 years
>ww2
>60-70s
>2nd Chechen war, war against Georgia, securing of peace in Crimea, helping against ISIS in Syria
Sadly, all of this comes with some "shameful package" if I can call it this way.

You are literally this meme and don't know it Tu

>muh heritage fags
>canadian is a slant and the american is a plastic paddy

Have memes gone too far?

Why? I don't hate canada and would take up arms if we were invaded.

anybody worth their salt would kill the foreign enemy rampaging through their country and would refuse to fight wars to oppress other people.

sadly america does not know this feel for the last 70 years and just continues being the galactic empire of this world.

brave heroes resisting the nazis. every country surely has its shame and moment of greatness.

resistance to american invaders is a just cause like kicking out german invaders and the world will remember it as such.

>Would rather fucking surrender than fight
Ebin

I love that picture

SAVED and thanx

fine
>brave out for a month
>surrender and decide to smoke cigarettes and fuck nazis and carry on with life
>pretend you wuz resistance n sheeit afterwards

m8 only eastern and southern europe resisted their invaders and died by the thousands. your countrymen bent over.

All the time whole time

Micks deserve lynchings

Bump

>Chinknada

you can only be proud of your origin if you are related to us Greeks

>Ladyboy country
>would rather collaborate with foreigners
>shitty people and culture than vietnam

>implying most viet women weren't prostitutes fucking americans

>when we charged zerg rush style without any armor or weapon at fully armed brittish+dutch army for the lul
>when we burnt our own town because we knew we cant defend it from dutch army
the list of suicidal glass cannon offense goes on...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Uman

TheMassacre of Humań, ormassacre of Uman(Polish:rzeź humańska;Ukrainian:yмaнcькa piзня or взяття Умaнi) was the 1768massacreof theJews,PolesandUkrainianUniatesbyhaidamaksat the town of Humań (nowUman) in theCrown of the Kingdom of Poland.

Uman was a well-fortified town that held a largegarrisonpart of Polish troops. This fact made Uman one of the primary targets ofKoliyivschynamovement, and it is likely the siege of Uman was planned well in advance.Ivan Gonta, an officer in the private militia of CountFranciszek Salezy Potocki(made up ofRegistered Cossacks) was accused of connections withhaidamakaby the local Jewish community three months before the siege. However, due to the lack of hard evidence and the sudden death of a star witness no formal charges were made. AlthoughIvan Gontawas de facto the commander of Uman cossacks he was not the most senior in their ranks.

After the city was taken a violent and bloody massacre (where Mladanovitch was himself killed) took place. The Jews then gathered in thesynagogues, where they were led by Leib Shargorodski and Moses Menaker in an attempt to defend themselves, but they were destroyed by cannon fire. Most of the remaining Jews in the city were subsequently killed. According to earlier estimates the number of Poles and Jews massacred was 20,000.[1]The estimate given by Gonta for self-embellishment during his trial was 33,000. These numbers are considered exaggerated by the modern historyography, with numbers of Poles and Jews who were killed in the “massacre of Uman” estimated at ca. 2,000.[2]

>wow, I'm so proud my ancestors fought against frogs and burgers even though I live in Western World and I would probably hate my beloved communist shithole if I had to go there, hahaha

We were just smart enough not to die en masse again against krauts and instead kill commies like you

Also, most soldiers there were french

I don't take banter from diaspora

how are minority non-vietnamese treated in vietnam?

How do you say It Ain't Me in Vietnamese, OP?

It's called strategic waiting, N'Guyen :DDD

Also show some fucking respect, more than half a million french died, you're judging them from the comfort of your home during peace time

fucking commie scum.
you too.

> The Foreign Office proposed a counter-strategy founded upon a distinction between 'sovereignty' and 'administration'. It suggested that Thatcher aim to reach an agreement with China whereby Britain would cede a titular sovereignty over Hong Kong to Peking, in exchange for Peking's formal agreement **to allow British administration to remain in place in Hong Kong beyond 1997.** Thatcher eventually digested the proposal in principle **more easily** than the Foreign Office had feared

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/how-mrs-thatcher-lost-hong-kong-ten-years-ago-fired-up-by-her-triumph-in-the-falklands-war-margaret-thatcher-flew-to-peking-for-a-lastditch-attempt-to-keep-hong-kong-under-british-rule--only-to-meet-her-match-in-deng-xiaoping-two-years-later-she-signed-the-agreement-handing-the-territory-to-china-1543375.html

> Thatcher later said that Deng told her bluntly that China could easily take Hong Kong by force, stating that "I could walk in and take the whole lot this afternoon"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_of_sovereignty_over_Hong_Kong#Talks

> Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping tells her that sovereignty is not negotiable and China will take back Hong Kong on its own terms in 1997 no matter whether UK agrees or not.

> Mrs Thatcher falls off steps after talks with Chinese leader on Hong Kong issue

liveleak.com/view?i=ecd_1365482566

There're no hate or conflict between ethnic groups in Vietnam, but those who stays in the mountains or isolated area remain very poor, and once they come to the deltas they get assimilated fast.

Đó không phải tôi.

related

>Siege of 1429, where the people with little to no help from foreigners, successfully defended the islands from the Hafsids, even though the Maltese suffered many loses.
>Siege of 1565, for obvious reasons.
>Yet another siege, this time against the French that lasted from 1798 till 1800. They had enough balls to go against someone much more powerful than them.