Michael Shannon Turned Down Marvel Role

>They called me recently about some iteration – I won’t say – but some version of a movie that’s been made already countless times, he revealed.

>They were gonna give me a lot of of money, but I was like nah. Big movie, too. But I have to think it’s an interesting story. If I don’t, I can’t do it. I won’t do it.

comicbook.com/2016/11/21/batman-v-supermans-michael-shannon-not-interested-in-marvel-star/

BASED

So it's either spiderman or hulk, right?

Obviously Spider-Man

He already got burned by being in a shit movie once why would he want to be in another?

>>They called me recently about some iteration – I won’t say – but some version of a movie that’s been made already countless times, he revealed.

Yep, because Zod was a never seen before thing

>american actors

vulture>?
wouldve been better choice desu

Zod in the movies was done one time more than 30 years ago, not countless times, mongoloid

The difference is that Zack 'kino' Snyder is directing the film

name one Marvel character that has been done countless times that this guy could have played

literally no one

But the MOS iteration of Zod was actually a different, more interesting take on the character.

no,it wasnt,it had more CGI thats it.

He is talking about the film's story being repetitive not characters. As in Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, etc… are all pretty formulaic superhero flicks, offering nothing truly new

Probably because Marvel movies don't get shit on critically. I understand wanting to do something more creative, so good for him.

ah yes because MoS having the plot of the first Transformers movie really was new

>different motives to Superman II Zod
>completely different Superman to face
>different tone
etc…

Saying they were the same is like saying Ledger's Joker was the same as Nicholson's

B-but we have based actors…like E-Evans!

green goblin im guessing.

Fuck off plebian, his portrayal of Zod was completely unique and totally memorable

This. Plus he could start getting typecast into fucking superhero movies. I mean I'm sure the pay is outstanding but maybe he actually wants to do something outside of capeshit for in the foreseeable future and it not ending up a flop.

Look at someone like Chris Evans. The one project he tried to do outside of Captain American bombed supremely. He will be Captain America to audiences for years to come and probably won't be able to get roles outside of it. That has to suck if you're genuinely interested in acting and not just a paycheck.

Why did he do Man of Steel then?. Well, don't worry Michael, that awesome role, you'll find himx5

So instead he made hack shit like Supershit.

Spiderman

Too bad he had really shitty lines to read.

Why did he do Man of Steel then?

OP had to post this hoping for this exact response. Theres no way that isnt the first question that pops into most peoples head

i sort of feel for evans and hemsworth. staying or getting in the shape they have to be must be a pain.

Could you turn down a metric Fuck ton of money and fame to satiate your actors who Sup Forums?

Don't get me wrong, I love this guy and have since I binge watched boardwalk empire, but this shit and his Shitty excuse are basic pompous actor stereotypes.

Nice. It was probably Spider-Kid: Homecoming

It's almost like MoS and BvS being bad is a meme.

For money. He even shits on it on occasion.

His profile raised considerably since 2013. Now he's in a position where he gets to turn down the roles he doesn't care about.