Pratical effects are much better than C-

>pratical effects are much better than C-...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Davy Jones is a character who is possible on-screen without CGI, but it's a case of "We have the technology, what do we do with it?" over "What can we do with what we have?"
Not saying CGI is bad, because the best CGI is stuff you don't notice yet adds a lot to a scene. The people behind Davy Jones, including Bill Nighy who is brilliant, did a fantastic job of creating that character. It's a shame that not all CGI is used that way.

Resident Evil (2001) is the perfect balance of CGI and practical

A real shame it's such a boring movie.

>CGI is much better than practical ef-

>reddit is much better than 4Ch..

What Nintendo 64 game is that?

>Women don't like Big Black.....

DELETE THIS

-ock

I honestly couldn't tell you what's specifically wrong with this one, but it just looks so terrible.

Candlejack is a faggot and he will never

>le CGI is bad and evil and le practical effects are always better

youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24

Fuck off reddit

>Girls can't have peni.......

it is the lips
he has lips from frozen characters

well yeah its ILM

and it helps that he's a squidman

>You may fire the graphics artists when ready.

>I don't know the difference between CGI and collage

They got really cocky and decided to film 90% of his scenes in close up thinking they could pull it off.

He would've been acceptable in medium shots (like Jones) honestly.

The practical version looked shit too though.

I think they made Tarkin 100% mocap
I behind of the scenes of pirates and they said they didn't use mocap for the expressions because computers can't capture the subtle expressions from actors, so they did mocap for the rough and polished it with cartoon artists for the expressions

Looks like a crackhead.

No wonder it looks shit, you posted the wrong pic.

>Davy Jones is a character who is possible on-screen without CGI
How? He was so animated. The little nuances of the tentacles would have been impossible without CGI.

Dude looks fucking undead, give his face some color jesus

>le cgi is good as long as you don't know its there argument

this is almost as bad as the practical effects meme.

The painter of that toy has amazingly steady hands

Ok, let's hear your criticisms of it then

WRONG.

not that guy but we have the technology to do anything we want in filme yet we make a CGI airport

Just like Man of Steel we could have Superman tell Zod
>Not here, not among with these people, if you want to fight me, we will fight by my terms
>*flies and fights on the moon*

but no, let's destroy generic city n213234234536788965

This is why people like Davy Jones so much, it is something fantastic

I'm not criticizing it just the opinion that cgi is somehow bad when it becomes obvious or isn't attempting to be hyperrealistic.

There's nothing wrong with using CGI for things that can't be done in real life. I'm fine with the MCU being so cgi heavy because there's just no way you can do shit like Doctor Strange.

What really pisses me off is when they use it for things that exist irl and have no business being rendered on a computer, like the entirety of the Hobbit 3. That was inexcusable. Lotr did such a tremendous job using bigatures and multiplying extras for the armies.. Why the fuck make it all a cartoon?

-ppppt