One third of British taxes are levied in London

And 70% of those taxes are effectively directly or indirectly paid by the top 5% of people in London.

Why is Britain in such a dire economic state outside London, Birmingham, Manchester and other larger cities?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129507/Britain-sale-Uniquely-world-Britain-sold-half-companies-foreigners-And-paying-price.html
theweek.co.uk/brexit/65968/tata-steel-gets-renewed-pledge-on-government-aid
ft.com/cms/s/0/140fcd86-ffd4-11e4-bc30-00144feabdc0.html#axzz4Di9D3BiL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_England_devolution_referendums,_2004
youtube.com/watch?v=0-2nPaPVgcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because the EU systematically destroyed our industrial sector in order to make us reliant on globalist government.

>Because the EU systematically destroyed our industrial sector
That happened in the 1960s and 1970s. The EU exists since 1993.

Wishful thinking. It was Thatcher who crushed manufacturing in order to break union power.

This is the kind of stupid shit Brexit voters actually believe.

Because unlike Germany and Italy, we never had any unification of powerful city states.

Also like France, England is vast majority agricultural outside of London

Because Margaret Thatcher systematically destroyed our industry and manufacturing (retards try to blame it on the unions because they are brainwashed by Tory media lies).

She then handed the country over to the financial/banking sector in the City of London which she proceeded to deregulate. This set us up for a worse disaster when the world crisis hit in 2008.

That is a very interesting thought. Do you have a distinct federaö culture (besides your different kingdoms)?

Which all happened under the EU, the supreme executive, legislative and judicial authority over the UK at the time and therefore the bearer of ultimate responsibility.

Not how it works mate, but I like how you deflected the blame.

Are you saying these state own industries were profitable and Thatcher deliberately destroyed viable, profitable businesses?

It was both thatcher and the unions, and I don't mean the working man of the union, I mean jew-nion bosses who made a tidy profit from bleeding the companies

>And 70% of those taxes are effectively directly or indirectly paid by the top 5% of people in London.
Where do you think money comes from?
The money from across the UK gets funneled into Jewish banks and the kikes gamble with it. When the bubble bursts we'll be bailing them out.

London sucks money from everywhere else through legalized plunder, and cronyism. All the filth in our society is due to them, and their queer corporate cult. Feminism, mass immigration, sexual degeneracy.

Take responsibility for your actions.

You're right. It was I who destroyed British industry, not globalism. I am sorry fellow Britons.

The Unions and Corporations are working together, and always have been. You see these scammers and their Commie flags on every futile protest march. They said nothing when Britain was flooded with Eastern Europeans.

Every choice ZOG gives you is a con.

>London the country

like there isn't even a Britian anymore. How it appears at least.

>It can't be both

Proofs?

Except you still had large industrial cities like Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow.

Do German states have that much power in the Federation? Like on par with the US states, or is their power basically a formality while the Berlin government holds all the reins?

>Britain has sold more than half its companies to foreigners
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129507/Britain-sale-Uniquely-world-Britain-sold-half-companies-foreigners-And-paying-price.html

The UK joined the EU in 1973 and the EU existed since before that.

Additionally, our industrial sector only started getting fucked over in the mid 80s by Thatcher and by the time we got a new PM the EU had started changing regulations to make it impossible for our industrial sector to recover anyway.

Because we have something stupid called the tax-free allowance - you don't pay tax on your first £11,000 earned.

Basically a system where low-paid workers pay almost no tax, and therefore highest earning people need to make up for it.

And highest earners are all in London.

If you're to believe the Westminster slags, Northern powerhouse is meant to make it so London isn't the only holy grail of England.

Course if the tories can't even get proper devolution to Scotland, the North of England won't get shit

Not as much as in the US but certainly far more than in France and probably the UK.

For example we have two parliaments:
The Bundestag where about 600 elected MP's "work" and the Bundesrat which consists of the 16 state goverments and is to be concerned with more grave legilative action like changes of constitutions and stuff.

Also each state has its own police force which is not connected to the other states or federal police forces and has also to be funded by the states, so we have different uniforms in different states as well.

For example the bavarian police may use handgranades and machineguns while other polices may not.

Also policy of education is completly up to the states, so leftist states are teaching sex education for 10 year olds while conservative states dont.

Regional identities are very strong in Germany and go back to the different germanic tribes.

Your article has little to do with your original claim

>For example the bavarian police may use handgranades and machineguns while other polices may not.
based

It's a shame that people only care about federal politics when their local or state politicians are so much easier to hold accountable and still carry a lot of authority.

>more than France and the UK
Well those are unitary states, so no shit. Things work differently in federations like the US and Germany. People often seem to not realize the difference. But that's interesting to learn, I always wondered how federal Germany worked

Bavaria in general is pretty based compared to the rest of Germany

Saxony is based as well.

Hannelore Kraft should have stepped down for her disastrous failure about the cologne rapes.

But generally speaking, do you think the other Germans have a genuine feeling for democracy? I dont think so.

OH AND BY THE WAY

The state I live in just removed last week the oath MP's have to give "on the German people" because they deemed it discriminatory against non germans.

This is not a joke.

It's much the same here. People forget all about the State Congress and Senate and only think about their federal Senator. A shame, since my states capitol building looks really majestic on the inside

I guess it is one of the most federal nations past the US and Switzerland.

To be fair, democracy isn't exactly a naturally occurring phenomenon for Germans

Mine looks like it was inhabited by gun hating rapefugee loving cucks. I wonder why.

>The state I live in just removed last week the oath MP's have to give "on the German people" because they deemed it discriminatory against non germans.

Fellow NRW bro, I share your suffering. Can't wait to finish my studies and fuck off from here, this state is a total shitshow.

And yeah, I agree with you on Kraft. When she was questioned by the commission she essentially said
>Yeah, we tried to swipe it under the rug, but we totally didn't swipe it under the rug

Honestly, I blame it on Merkel. She has fucked up brutally in so many ways, yet she refuses to accept the consequences and step down. And now every other politician who does shit that would have gotten you expelled from your party just a decade ago goes
>If she can do it, why shouldn't I too?

By now we would basically need to get rid of almost every relevant figurehead in the parties to fix this mess again.

Britain has sold HALF of its companies into the globalised economy. Who exactly do you think is the political power imposing globalist economy and ideology on Europe? Because it didn't happen by accident. The EU exists for one purpose: to destroy self-sufficiency and foster economic and political reliance of national states on globalist government. For example, when Tata Steel announced it was shutting down plants at the beginning of 2016, the EU blocked the UK government from bailing it out. It's steel. Fucking steel. One of the most basic industrial resources. And the EU says we're not allowed to be self-sufficient in steel. That is just one literally current example of how the EU is systematically destroying British industry in order to make us reliant on it.

>New Tata Steel rescue bidder claims Brexit is a boon
theweek.co.uk/brexit/65968/tata-steel-gets-renewed-pledge-on-government-aid

You are right.

Democracy is doomed if it gets introduced by victors who beat you. you have to fight for it yourself against a common enemy, like you did.

My observations say that countries like the US who united against another country have much mor stable democracies than countries like france who fought and purged itself.

How can I tell? You still have your first republic while the french have their fifth now.

I am lucky to study in bavaria, I am always glad when I escape NRW and drive off to bavaria.

The corruption and lies they spill are unbelievable and they are almost never held accountable, it is because we miss revolutionary spirit. Maybe it is in our genes.

Their uniforms look awful stupid though...

Nah, these or no standard uniforms, looks like heavy breeching armor to use in combination with a shield.

this is bavarian police as well

>pic related

I my own theory on the matter of democratic stability is that it only occurs in places where revolution is not urgently needed, ironically. Look at the American Revolution, wherein we revolted for basically what was a few scattered incidences and some extremely harebrained diplomacy on the part of both sides. If we went on as a colony, everything honestly would've been fine for most people, but we revolted anyway, which resulted in a country where the average person was essentially rich by European standards, owned land far more than in Europe, and was used to a democratic-esque government anyway. That combined with no real foreign threats is why American democracy is so stable compared to democracy born of hardship and desperation (France and partially Russia). In fact the stability of the democracy of Britain is somewhat similar.

Fucking eww, that looks like the inside of a hangar or a warehouse. What's the outside look like?

Yes because it shows a tendency to principled, noble deeds.

This is the same spirit that lead the south to secede.

A feeling what is just and unjust. The slaves were recognized as rightful property and just because some peoples morale changes does not mean I lose the rights to my property.

This is a very valuable trait.

Which form of government do you suggest for Germany?

Not really better.

All i can see.

Honestly things were pretty good with the Kaiser until he went retarded on foreign policy. Bismarck especially I think understood the ideal state for a German.
>A common purpose to strive for
>Limited individualism, but a moderately comfortable life for the hard-working individual to detract from communism
>Public officials absolutely concerned with putting Germany first
>Not exactly a democracy, but elements of such as well as heavy meritocracy

And that looks like a football stadium. It's a shame that we knocked down your old buildings, if my state capitol building that's only like 50 years than your entire country looks older by centuries

*only 50 years older

>Which form of government do you suggest for Germany?
First of all I would honestly split Germany up into a loose union of states. There is just too much division between the East and West, North and South to make it work with a central government.
Because the government can always use the hostilities to play one side against the other.

That or you would need a more totalitarian form of government that tries to build up some national pride (instead of just the local one we have right now) again. Which would hardly be tolerated by the rest of the world.

I agree, the problem is that the common purpose to strive for can easily be a purpose outside of Germany when people feel Germany is perfect enough and its time to do something new because they have to put their energy somewhere.

I think the problem lays right within the peoble. They are uneblievably stubborn extremists. Like Merkel is a pretend humanist extremist.

Well, that was the NRW Parliament, NRW is a migrant flooded leftist hellhole.

Pic is bavarian parliament.

There's minor regional identities, especially in historically separate regions like Yorkshire and Cornwall. But most people if asked would respond their English/British rather than from their counties. There's also a more general regional identity of people in the North hating southerners, I saw a comedian once joke the main feature of an Englishman is he hates anyone who lives more than 50 miles away.

The highlands of Scotland used to have a separate Celtic culture as opposed to the more Anglo lowlands, but the two have combined into a sort of fake romanticized Highland culture now. e.g. kilts at weddings.

>tfw my state capitol is just a fucking building like every other building you parallel park in front of

Labour reforms introduced in Germany over a decade ago have made them incredibly prosporus.

>Part time work is far more common
>Easier for employers to hire and fire people based on what is known as a zero hours contract in the UK
>Unemployed can only claim welfare for 12 months
>Incredibly generous welfare payments are made to people working part time

ft.com/cms/s/0/140fcd86-ffd4-11e4-bc30-00144feabdc0.html#axzz4Di9D3BiL

There's a brief FT article that very briefly outlines the situation. There are other factors not mentioned:

>A larger population
>More renters than homeowners
>Germany has strong rent control prices
>Geographical advantages

Asking why the UK economy is weak outside of London is the wrong question. We are in line with France, which suffers the same manufacturing problems that we do while being subsidised by the CAP. Rather, Germany is exceptionally strong due to their strong in-work welfare system and lax employment laws.

In the UK the Conservative party would not commit to the welfare payments that are found in Germany while the Labour party would not embrace zero hour contracts.

>tfw no German weltgeist

Well your state has only been a state for like 50 years. Mine was one of the 13 Colonies

Because that is what Government policy is tailored towards.

That's probably to be expected in a unitary state. Though Britain also has elements of a messy and ad-hoc federation

No wonder, NRW was flattened utterly during the war, I doubt there's many historic buildings left standing there. Bavaria is a different story

But splitting us up would make us even more vulnerable, I think its a bad idea.

I think we will have to wait till we have our own glorious revolution, defeating the globalists and third world invaders so we have some proud moment again we can found our country on.

Thanks for your reply, are the political structures centralised as well?

which state is that?

Pic is brandenburg parliament

Alaska

have you ever been to britian? anything north of london is basically western european russia. British government is absolute shit at anything. The real problem in Britian is the centralization. They need to give the local goverments more power. The government in London is so inefficient its not even funny. Hopefully Brexit will force the british government's hand. Since economically it will be much more difficult.

>this is what britons actually believe.

Britain isn't a federation, so the counties of England only have as much power as Parliament feels like giving them at a given time

Yeah I think a major step to removing the disproportionate influence of London would be a British federalization

Yes it was but as you can see the building is relatively new and there are a lot of unharmed, rebuilt historic buildings.

It was more like our traitor politicans wanted to be "modern" and "progressive" so they built themself this fag house

ah, always wanted to visit, but I think whole alaska has about the population the citiy the shitty parliament I posted is located in so..

Would you prefer to be more federal?

That's the best part of it.

>That map

If Northern England is dark red, up here in Scotland must be Black.

How much power the regional parliaments have varies, Scotland has the most I think because they keep demanding more, Wales and N.Ireland have less, but London still has most of the taxation and money raising powers over all of them.
England doesn’t have a parliament as due to its sheer size in relation to the other nations an English parliament would pretty much destroy Westminster. That's the main problem with any attempt to federalise, think comparative to Prussia during the Empire and Weimar Labour tried to fix this (also gerrymander the situation) by introducing devolution to the regions but it was rejected for whatever reason.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_England_devolution_referendums,_2004

Yeah like I said, a sort of pseudo-federation exists with the other "countries" of the UK. Though not a true federation since that autonomy isn't enshrined in a constitution and if Parliament theoretically wanted to it could end devolution tommorrow legally.

>are the political structures centralised as well?

They are very centralised, with most of the power being concentrated in Westminster, since the 90s there's been certain amounts of devolution (so constituent countries get more power over their own affairs) but this hasn't really extended to England, although since the Scottish referendum there's been a movement towards devolution for England to answer the democratic deficit it faces (cf. The West Lothian question), but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

Beyond that there are local governments, they have some basic tax setting powers, but don't really seem to do much with them except put council tax up yearly and systematically destroy the high streets by pricing everyone out of the market. I'm not sure what other powers they have, they might have some civil planning abilities as well.

Those aren't exactly "powers" per se but rather duties or responsibilities given to them by the London government. Powers imply they have them of their own accord, which they don't. Local governments have no power in a unitary state, their authority is derived wholly as a deputy of the central government's will

It could, but not without completely pissing of the Scots Welsh and probably making Norn start shooting each other again. Parliament can vote on what it wants but its more effective just to let them have some small power rather than deal with the headache. I'd rather they did devolve more power over tax and other stuff as at least it might shut the SNP up, allow Northern to try and fix up its own economy which has separate needs to the rest of the country.

But at present no true federal system is possible without splitting up England and that's honestly something I'm really against. The only real solution on the horizon is an independent Scotland, because at that point the union just becomes greater England.

I don't really get your point, Parliament is supreme, it can make an act on anything like reversing the independence of India (India wouldn't listen), the fact that the other legislatures are using devolved powers don't make them less real.

>First of all I would honestly split Germany up into a loose union of states
So you want the HRE back?

despite all the agitating by certain parties (the SNP) no. devolution has caused more harm then good, it has given a platform for scumbag parties to speechify on. The SNP have fucked Scotland to stoke anti British sentiment. Federalism would only hand them more power. Theyve ruined my country enough with the limited power they have already.

t. A Scot.

Not necessarily, but how would you fix this shit otherwise? You have entire states that have resigned to just living on welfare from other states and don't even attempt to fix their shit. politicians can use shit like "Dunkeldeutschland" as propaganda tool to make people vote against their own self interest (oy vey, you don't want to be like those stupid inbred Easteners, do you? accept more refugees), and you have a federal government that cannot be held accountable for anything.

The other option would be to completely dissolve the states and push for a general German identity, but the people would never go along with that.

I'm just trying to emphasize the extent at which a unitary government sinks its talons, and why that's a major reason for the bloat of London. In the US the federal government is not supreme, and certain powers belong eternally to the states and local governments by Constitutional design. I think a Scotland-less UK could benefit from such a system

>It was more like our traitor politicans wanted to be "modern" and "progressive" so they built themself this fag house
The fact that modern architecture is unpopular with besides architects can't really be blamed on the politicians.

I was more thinking about county parliaments of like 5-10 counties, not the national parliaments you have now.

But you are right it is definately a different and difficult situation for the UK, because the historic borders of the kingdoms are still in the minds and well alive.

They chose to built this shitty building, who should be blamed instead?

Let's not talk about Bremen.
In general I think that the Länderfinanzausgleich is a good way of evening out the living standards inside the Solidargemeinschaft.
I don't have any way to fix the current system it's one of the better ones out there compared to centralization or completely breaking up.

The EU did play a part in it, but it's certainly not the cause. The single market allowed a lot of our manufacturing to be transferred east and the EU has come up with some stupid policies which have furthered stifled our industry. But at best it's a contributory factor to the overall problem.

In the 1950s manufacturing was a third of our GDP, now it accounts for about 11%. We had Labour and the Tories switching between heavy state intervention to keep failing firms afloat, to the opposite, and this extreme flip flopping really fucked over a lot of industry.

The death blow was when New Labour got into power. Blair saw financial services as the future, and manufacturing as uncompetitive except in a few sectors we still do well in like aerospace. This is why Blair had the policy of flooding the country with third worlders.

So essentially it's like this because it's been official government policy to focus on the City of London and neglect the rest of the country. It's no surprise the country revolted and gave the policy makers a smack in the eye.

>In general I think that the Länderfinanzausgleich is a good way of evening out the living standards inside the Solidargemeinschaft.

It's not an inherently bad idea, but the execution is awful. There are too many states that see it as free money to use on non-investments rather than trying to fix their shit with it.

>They chose to built this shitty building, who should be blamed instead?
You also have to consider that they are faster and cheaper to build if you than add the possibility that it could turn out great in the long run the decision makes sense.
I personally don't like modern architecture but they do look decent while new.

>not knowing this is how every country works

Of course cities will have the richest people.

I think it looks soulless and unworthy for a parliament, on the other hand our parliament is soulless and unwothy so maybe the building fits just right in the picture.

There is no perfect system and Bismarck implemented welfare for a reason.
Though I am kinda angry that Königgrätz lead to Austria being Ausland

Who fucking cares about how fast or cheap it is? It's the visual representation of the state, it should look dignified, not like a warehouse

Bismarck doomed the German people with his Rentensystem. That is the main reason for the lack of birthrates as before Bismarck the only Altersvorsorge were children.

Dies.

Pretty sure you'd want to blame Adenauer for the current Rentensystem

no, Bismarck introduced the Rentenversicherung and thereby caused a fundamental cultural shift. People didnt need to have children anymore to be secur in old age. This was the beginning of the end for the German people.

During the time of Bismarck to Adenauer you got your pension only when you were statistically already dead.
Today's old people will get 20 years of pensions.

My own gradfather did not work for 25 years already.
This is ne issue.

Just always set pension age to the current average dying age.

>Just always set pension age to the current average dying age.
Then you might as well abolish it completely

You got it.

No the thing is that Adenauer implemented the Umlagesystem.

Yes, for people at the average dying age at the time.
Back in his days they never could imagine that people will live to 80 on average.

Capital cities are designed to suck economic and political power out of the rest of the country.

You see now proEU people? Humans can't live on dreams and fake promises. Drive them to desperation and they're going react. Brexit is just a mild reaction.

>rich people pay the most tax
>the most rich people in the UK live in London
>London is the richest city
>exponential wealth is something that exists

Good job Germany.

This is why Merkel let in Sudan kids to rape your women

you're all missing the much more important, fundamental cultural and psychological point. Before Bismarck you had to beg your relatives for money and food. Sure that was bad but it basically forced you to have children. So it was the lesser evil. Obviously Bismarck couldn't predict the cultural changes it would cause but that doesnt make it better. The only way i see to deal with the damage done today is to exclude anyone from getting any kind of state pensions that doesnt have at least two children.

youtube.com/watch?v=0-2nPaPVgcU

Because the decent people ar always motivated enough to go where the work is

The losers sit at home waiting for the work to come to them...

You say that as though Bismarck had a choice. He realized either he implement those reforms or the leftists would only get more powerful and demand further reforms. It was honestly a political masterstroke