FUCK

FUCK
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tron-reboot-jared-leto-circling-lead-role-new-disney-film-982575

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tron-reboot-jared-leto-circling-lead-role-new-disney-film-982575
youtube.com/watch?v=TrhO7pLiCfo
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wc3ycKorOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>jared leto
who?

NO

Yes OP
Well done well done
However

>rebooting a relatively succesfull film that came out only 7 years ago

it was shit

into the compost pile it goes

>page 9
Yeah, my bad user

>it was shit
elaborate

I fuckig hate Disney

>yfw they don't have Daft Punk or any related artist do the score

It was already fucked

>Tron
>7 years ago

>YEAHHHHHHHH

>Takes place during the 80's
>Complete redesign to look more like the original
>Cyber city with more colors and 80's video game aesthetics
>Daft Punk returns
If Jared doesn't take himself too seriously, it could work

>reboot
>no Olivia Wilde
>meme actor jared leto

DROPPED
O
P
P
E
D

So a movie of Tron 2.0?

THIRD REBOOT

LMAO

Legacy was a sequel, not a fucking reboot, you dumbass redditor.

fuck you faggot i don't watch these gay disney movies for kids

its about some guy that goes into a computer

same shit

>hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tron-reboot-jared-leto-circling-lead-role-new-disney-film-982575

It really does need a reboot. Do you idiots really want to see Tron "invade" the real world? It was a terrible idea. Legacy was good, but I'd rather not see a Tron movie, and have it take place outside of Tron.

>no Olivia Wilde
who will replace her?

Margot Robbie

>Do you idiots really want to see Tron "invade" the real world?
Was this really the concept? It would've been cool to at least see Sam go against that guy from the beginning of Legacy in a newly built Grid. User vs user

Yeah, I could've sworn the plan was to have Ed Jr code a new version of the MCP

Fuck yeah

You may remember him from his brief role in last year's Academy Award winning box office hit from Warner Bros, Suicide Squad.

Fuck the real world, give us more of Uprising.

>Tron and Ram will never reunite in a full length third film
youtube.com/watch?v=TrhO7pLiCfo

Yeah too bad Based Boxleitner has thrown on the towel on the series thanks to Disney fucking around for too long.

Hopefully we'll get more colors than fucking neon blue and orange. That was annoying in Tron Legacy

I can already envision the "You won't believe what Jared Leto did to prepare for Tron!" clickbait headlines now for le method acting man: "A dedicated craftsman to his art, Jared Leto taught himself to code (inventing an entirely new computer in the process) to better immerse himself in the world of computers that his character inhabits in Disney™'s Tron™ reboot™"

I don't give a fuck as long as they bring back Kosinski

Shut up. The sequel was only cancelled because Disney didn't want it to interfere with Marvel and Star Wars releases

So its gonna be a sequel/reboot. it wont be officially called tron 3. Some of the cast from legacy will return. But it will be a "rebootquel"

>"A dedicated craftsman to his art, Jared Leto taught himself to code (inventing an entirely new computer in the process) to better immerse himself in the world of computers that his character inhabits in Disney™'s Tron™ reboot™"
I actually see this happening

why dont they just make a straight sequel to Legacy? it was fairly well received iirc

You buttholes made me think it was serious for a good 3 seconds and I was very confused

>why dont they just make a straight sequel to Legacy?
They was at first, but I guess the story, or maybe scheduling didn't work out so they thought a reboot would be the more logical solution.

Also, Sam and Quorra's story is seemingly wrapped up by the end of Legacy
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wc3ycKorOI

Did Clu do wrong?

yeah, and i guess olivia wilde is a little too old now to be the quirky cute girlfriend being introduced to the exciting new modern world, which would have been the sole purpose of her character in the hypothetical sequel

>tron-reboot-
FUCK OFF DISNEY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>Jared Leto

WHY WOULD HE ACCEPT THIS ROLE YOU FUCKING SELL OUT

The best Tron game and one of the most underrated games of all time - I'll fight any nigger who disagrees

they were in preproduction right until Tomorrowland bombed and then cancelled it

Tomorrowland, a movie that could have been amazing if they would have hired a better writer than Lindelof. How does that man still keep getting work?

It is a shame because Disney looked like it was on pace to make some interesting and good films but threw it all away for MCU and Star Wars

the concept of tron 3 being a programs invading the real world movie is fucking stupid

rebooting is fucking stupid

tron legacy didn't get it right because it was a generic fight the nazis movie with a tron paint job rather than an actual tron movie

tron 1's adventure, designs and concepts were cool and memorable because it was all rooted in fundamental questions of how society was being changed by technology, how quickly it was happening, how aware it was of this change and how to forge the best future with technology. all of its design choices are steeped in an 80s vision where the dystopian control of information makes excessive capitalism and oppressive communism indistinguishable, filtered through the visual language of video games.

one world invading the other is fundamentally dumb. the computer world is a mirror. the opening and ending shots of tron 1 emphasize this, with the city at night being compared directly with the lit-up neon design of the digital world. everyone has digital counterparts, etc. they're fundamentally interconnected.

i'm not saying that a tron movie should be slow, heady and cater to computer nerds, but it should draw its themes from a specific place because the tron setting is designed from the ground up for it.

tron legacy's version of this world is sort of like oz. it takes place on a server that's been isolated since the 80s. speculative ideas about our relationship with computers were replaced with generic platitudes about perfection and philosophy 101. it had nothing to say, which for a tron film in the age of facebook and the smartphone is a fucking disgrace. the movie was irrelevant before they even shot it.

>Disney shelves Tron 3 because Damon Lindelof ruined Tomorrowland
>Tron Uprising gets shitcanned despite everyone fucking loving it
>now this
god fucking dammit Disney why do you hate Tron so much?
>Jared Leto
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>tron legacy didn't get it right because it was a generic fight the nazis movie with a tron paint job rather than an actual tron movie

Tron legacy was perfect because it followed a very classic template. It was literally a boy rescuing his father from the underworld. It was a simple mythic story played out with computers and techno. Our protagonists traveled to the "grid" to rescue his father. In the process he became a man, returned to the "real world" and took his place in society as an adult.

It was perfect and a great example of Disney doing good story telling

>The best Tron game
Fight me

>yeah, and i guess olivia wilde is a little too old now to be the quirky cute girlfriend being introduced to the exciting new modern world,

What? She's not that old, plus this is the franchise that starred a villian whose actor was in his prime 30 years ago

i had no problem with the idea of sam going into the grid to find his father

the problem was that it was a very uninspired use of that template that failed to capitalize on what made Tron, well, Tron. The franchise's potency is inherently based around its unique ability to tell stories about man's relationship with technology. That doesn't mean that it cannot use relationships or classical storytelling as a template, but it does mean that if you're unwilling to engage in these themes you've hobbled yourself right out of the gate.

>"A dedicated craftsman to his art, Jared Leto taught himself to code (inventing an entirely new computer in the process) to better immerse himself in the world of computers that his character inhabits in Disney™'s Tron™ reboot™"

And neither op managed to put the word TRON in their post
A good job by all

i agree completely
Disney isn't going to take the risk on anything with the least bit of intelligent thought in this age.
the original probably got away with what it did because they didn't have a clue what it was about

Problem here is, we're rebooting a franchise with two movies which are both bad. The 1982 one has nostalgia but if you watch it, it's crap. The 2010 one looks cool other than the Jeff Bridges CGI face but it's also crap.

Hell even the arcade game wasn't good. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. All that great cocaine in Hollywood and this is all they can come up with?

Will they come back to do the soundtrack?

The mega-expensive Tron ride(s) at Shanghai Disney no doubt played a role in renewed reboot talks.

That soundtrack is so good. Legacy had everything going for it and they fucked it up. It was the one shot at a good Tron movie, now it will never happen.

I can't stand Leto. He's a meme actor and a meme musician.

i'd rather it have the Uprising composer or Grimes

>people on Sup Forums appreciate Tron 2.0

Best board

Is there any alternatives if they don't?

wendy carlos is still alive i believe

JARED LETO IS A FAGGOT

GARRETT HEDLUND WAS GOOD, ALSO THE BEST PART OF BILLY LYNN

DISNEY BETTER GET THE SAME DIRECTOR BACK

>Disney
>doing the right thing

You're in the wrong timeline dude.

>GARRETT HEDLUND WAS GOOD, ALSO THE BEST PART OF BILLY LYNN
I didn't think he was in anything nowadays. I only remember him from Tron and Four Brothers

>hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tron-reboot-jared-leto-circling-lead-role-new-disney-film-982575
HAHAHAHAH EVERYONE IS GONNA BE GAY AND BLACK in the reboot
so progressive!!! and the evil program will be Trump

you have to go back to your containment board

He was in Pan and Unbroken. Can't think of any other recent ones

Hedlund sucked and was dry as a board
the director is good at visuals but doesn't know how to deal with character scenes
Legacy already had the gay and black characters, who cares

We have moved past the point where gay and black characters in movies trigger Sup Forums kids, and to the point where the mere POSSIBILITY of gay and black characters trigger them. Jesus.

>outside of Tron
Are you retarded?

>Hedlund sucked and was dry as a board
And Leto would be better?

no, not in a million years

He's the lead singer from that band 30 seconds to Mars, they have a lot of really nice songs

To be fair most people don't realize what "Tron" refers to. He was barely in the sequel.

If you'd read anything about cultural programming you'd be triggered too

It's literally a thing in utopian studies, a mostly Marxist form of thought that they would like to program their audience, and will as soon as someone produces adequate material. Marxism literally needs willing slaves for it to exist

I'm looking forward on Leto doing the extra mile by attempting to hack actual Disney servers and talk about AMD drivers during interviews.

The guy who helped Patrick Bateman check his dubs

My dick is so fucking hard right now

more cape garbage

this is what's wrong with the film industry today. instead of "hey, we have an awesome story to tell, let's make another Tron film" they're "jared leto needs something to recover from the Suicide Squad debacle. let's make another Tron film."

it will be shit.

he is? cool.

>TRON uprising

God, I was blown away how good it was. A severely underrated show. Actual compelling story of a young adult growing up and learning what it takes to be a leader.

It's nice to see some else appreciate it

>page
boi, you ever heard about the catalog?

The cocaine addicted little brother of an international weapons dealer