Chris McQuarrie Says MI:6 Will Be More A Character Study; Teases Unexpected Returns

>“I’ve seen five of these movies and I don’t know who Ethan Hunt is. One movie sort of dealt with his personal life; the other movies are about people speculating what’s really going on in Ethan’s head. I want to know who Ethan is in this movie, I want an emotional journey for this character, and Tom really embraced it.”

>“I don’t want to string together a bunch of action scenes, I want to actually deal with character. So I put Ethan in a bunch of complicated moral quandaries, and I’m trying to find ways to connect them – and then, ironically, the way to connect them was through giant action scenes.”

>"I don't know!," before continuing: “And I have to find out by April 10th. I may have found something today. I came to Tom with a picture of something and Tom looked at it and said, ‘That’s awesome! I want to fall off of that!’ It’s like, OK, I can see it on a poster, and I can see Tom falling off of it.”

>McQuarrie cryptically teased the return of multiple franchise cast members, "including people you would not expect to be back.”

Who??? Based Hopkins?? The girl from 2? A long thought dead person from 1??

Other urls found in this thread:

empireonline.com/people/christopher-mcquarrie/empire-podcast-250-live-christopher-mcquarrie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Source

empireonline.com/people/christopher-mcquarrie/empire-podcast-250-live-christopher-mcquarrie/

>Who??? Based Hopkins?? The girl from 2? A long thought dead person from 1??
Maggie Q pls

Jon Voight
o
n

V
o
i
g
h
t

His head bent all the way against his back and then a flaming, exploding helicopter landed on him.

Plus that movie was 21 years ago. He was old then, he aint coming back.

> McQuarrie wisely elected not to divulge any further details but did reveal that the film will start much differently than the jaw-dropping start of Rogue Nation: "It starts in a very unconventional way. It does not start with action. That was the hardest pitch of this movie.”

God im so ready for more spy/action kino.

W-well cant be that bad if theyre doing something different this time around, r-right?

what happened to this guy?

What religion is Ethan Hunt? He seems to have almost supernatural abilities

Jean Reno maybe?

As far as action franchises go, Mission Impossible has been pretty solid overall. Only the second one was shit.

The 4th and 5th movies dont exist in your universe?

Your taste is just trash is all. and its ok to be shit, its your right

really dont give a fuck, i'll watch anything with Tommy boy in it.

he could just be dry humping a pillow for 2 hours and id watch it

tom is /ourguy/

>be Chris McQuarrie
>deliver best entry in the series
>already preparing to fuck it up

sounds bad desu

>the good ones in the series are shit

3-5 are the best

I doubt they'll bring back anyone from 2. I feel like everyone they could have brought back from the first one died in that movie. Unless it's motherfucking Henry Czerny in which case I will be going to see this fucking thing opening night.

As for the movie being about his personal life, we already had that, it was the third installment. I feel like they integrted his personal life as much as they could have into that one too, that interview makes it sound like it only kinda sorta had a personal element to it, but no, his marriage and his wife were central to the movie. They'll have to do something really different to make it even more personal.

His computer got hacked by Harrison Ford in Clear and Present Danger.

It's going to be a reboot/adaptation of Van Sant's "Gerry" ... I'm in.

Loved the first and the fifth films, and a character study sounds overdue. De Palma's take was a little like Day Of The Jackal crossed with Narrow Margin. It seemed sleek in '95, more like European films.

I thought the action intro for part 5 was too abrupt...glad the studio is willing to tell a story now.

That's because he is enlightened by his own intelligence.

If Jean comes back, then they need Natty.

>>“I don’t want to string together a bunch of action scenes, I want to actually deal with character. So I put Ethan in a bunch of complicated moral quandaries, and I’m trying to find ways to connect them – and then, ironically, the way to connect them was through giant action scenes.”

So Mission Impossible 3 then?

Killing of Jean Reno in the original was a mistake.
Fuck Voight though.