Seriously what was his fucking problem?

seriously what was his fucking problem?
just take the gun

You sound like a woman.

>muh priciple

He has his moral compass and ideas for which he fought.
And you are a fat pig who wants to live and eat

Christians and rationality don't mix my dude

This desu. You don't have to agree with Doss's choice but to not even understand it says quite a lot about you OP

Thou shalt not kill. What's the fucking problem?

Then why didn't he just take the fucking discharge?

if I was him I would have just picked up a gun during training. Picking up a gun in training doesn't equal killing someone, he could have just said I'm going to train with the gun, but when I reach Okinawa I'm not going to use any guns.

you don't have to kill to shoot in target practice

He wanted to help

>join the army and expect not to kill people
>become a cop and expect not to have to arrest people
>become a fireman and expect not to have to put out fires

>what is the draft

>Won't pick up a gun for self-defence or even touch one in training
>Happy to drag around Vince Vaughn on a sledge while he mows down dozens of japanese soldiers

>get a fortune 500 job
>"i conscientiously object to computers"
>will help troubleshoot other users issues

>"thou shalt not disturb the flames"

Because he wanted to be a medic
if he's an objector he shouldn't be forced to shoot in the first place. He won't kill in combat, why require that he shoot dummies?

If he's an objector then why let him join the fucking army? Why put him in a combat role?

>i didn't watch the movie
lmao he volunteers

I was expecting a scene where he had a moral dilemma of picking up a gun to save a friendly soldier or some shit. Guess that's too cliche...

cannon fodder

Leave doss alone already! It's thanks to him you are not living in a country run by mussolini!

Whether he shoots people or not, there will be gunshots going off all the time.
Range time serves the secondary purpose of acclimating people to those sounds.
Furthermore, the army is utilitarian and teaches tons of things that an average soldier won't ever use. The idea is it's better to know and never use a skill than to need the skill and be unable to do it.

About to watch this. Betting that 3 things will happen:
He will give first aid to an enemy soldier
He will convert another soldier
He will save someone who was mean to him, likely converting him

2/3

>force a young genius to the army
>break his career
>teach him how to drive and shoot and clean toilets
Army is a cool thing

>give him free college tuition for fucking around on base for a few years

He wanted to be a medic, and had a passion and talent for it. With a war going on, why not let him join? He saved like 70 people

he explicitly says due to his objector status he thought he would be able to be a combat medic

it's not like he just joined and said WAIT I HAVE TO USE GUNS??? IN THE ARMY??? WELL THIS IS NEWS TO ME! without thinking it through previously

In the movie:
1.5/3

IRL:
0.5/3 the last one

>combat medic
>combat
it's in the fucking name, normal army medics carry a gun and shoot if they have to. if you don't want to fight but still want to help people there's a million things you could do, like volunteering at a hospital back home (like the one shown in the first 20 minutes of the movie)

He apparently didn't read all the parts of bible people killed other people. He likes to pretend they were all peaceful and happy no one dies.

thou shalt not kill

If he had carried a gun he wouldnt have been so effective on that hill

not the point.

Are you a total idiot or just pretending?

Benito Thiccolini did nothing wrong

>doesn't carry a gun
>has no problem kicking a grenade to blow up people

autism

Although I don't agree with the man's pacifism, I absolutely agree with the principle of freedom of conscience. I fucking hate coercion, especially of conscience. Too many florists and bakers are having their lives ruined for refusing to participate in ceremonies that contradict their values.

Yeah he showed real dedication and wasn't just trying to be a draft dodger. The florists/bakers are memes though. It's only gay people that cross the line for them apparently.

This was the dumbest movie I watched all year. What the hell was Mel thinking?

It was based on a true story and pretty accurate to all eye witness accounts. Why not celebrate a true hero with moral conviction?

>The Army recruiter lied to him.

Seriously though, has any Army recruiter ever actually done that?

You're right. Men have principles and dignity. Women do not. Thank you for proving his point

You're not allowed to post on Shabbos, Moishe.

i hope you're joking

I've never seen it happen with my buddies, but I imagine that they did back in the day. They'll tell you whatever you want so you'll enlist.

>It's only gay people that cross the line for them apparently.
Because their business deals with issues that are currently controversial. If people warmed up to incest marriage I wouldnt be surprised if they refused to serve them too.

>doing my conscription right now
>im on a medic course
>there's like 3 guys there doing unarmed service

what does it mean lads

They've allowed conscientious objectors to serve in the army as medics and other support personnel for a long fucking time, even before this movie takes place. When he volunteered he was registered as a CO, the Army was well aware of him and told him he could serve.

Combat medic = medic in combat
Not medic that has to participate in taking lives during combat

Yes, they lie all the time. As long as you sign the papers, by the time you realized you've been fucked you're already in Basic and you'll never see your recruiter again.

He'll get shit from his superiors or peers for suddenly deciding not to carry a gun in a combat zone when they had no idea he was a CO the entire time. Probably would have been a lot worse than the hazing he got in training.

Objectors are retards.
>refuse to kill an enemy soldier
>enemy soldier guns down 5 of your comrades
>net results: -4 lives

This movie is about one objector that saved dozens of his fellow soldiers lives single handedly. They're not there for combat, they're there in a support role.

they serve cakes to white supremacists

If everyone were an objector there would be no lives lost whatsoever

Source?

Me. I serve cakes to white supremacists.

>shooting is WRONG
>kicking grenade into your enemy's face is OKAY
Hurrrrr you're at war retard, stop pretending to have a moral highground

>kicking grenade into your enemy's face is OKAY
He kicked them away from his bros. No slant eyes were hurt by his grenade bicycle kick.

he kicked the grenade straight into the air it wasn't aimed at anyone. It isn't clear whether it even killed the Jap that was nearby either

Medics didn't carry weapons during WW2 at all, whether they were COs or not.

>pretending that you can aim how you kick a grenade in the middle of a fire fight

This movie is literally healsluts: the movie

Pretty sure he saved multiple japs IRL?

Both

Pretty sure that even if he did someone else just shot them right after he left

what are you fucking retard?

Yeah, an you value principles and dignity over self interest a priori. Me and that user you were answering consider self interest more important a priori. So this is you vs us situation and since I value myself over you (a priori) I'm right and you're dumb.

Only people who cant get laid hate women

>you shall not kill
>feel free to help your buddies who are killing others though LMAO

u go 2 /r9k/

I don't know, but he looks like a faggot numale cuck. I'm sure even in WW2 they had their share of these.

why did every jap soldier just fall over and conveniently die?

>MUH RELIGION
>MUH PACIFISM

Considering the end game of it all Im going to just keep filling my trough.

So it is true that many Sup Forums goers do not even watch the movie they are discussing.

seriously what was their fucking problem?
just let him not take the gun

guys his choice was not just a religious one
they have shown why he won't ever touch a gun again
did you even watch the movie
it was shit but that part was explained well

Literally in the movie.
>"He even rescued a few Japs"
>"They didn't 'make it' "

>WAH, I almost killed my brother when I was play fighting
>Therefore, I'd better not kill those goddamned heathens from nip land
>No siree
Shit logic tbqh

no, he was about shot his father with a gun...

Which was influenced by his actions as a child.

touché

oh why dr freud

This.

What about another medic that refused to accept plasma to treat him? What is his fucking problem?

Wait didn't he make a promise to God that he'd never hold a gun again after that incident with his father? Upholding promises to God > doing what your officers tell you

and this gives you power over me?

it was a war

I turned it off half way through because i thought it was a shit movie.

>skinny kid doesn't want to carry a gun
>we have to trust him to save us even though he's a pain in the ass
>we have to risk him getting caught and give out intel
>he doesn't know how to fight or protect himself

Cast a better actor for the part, Sup Forums

sleezy looking motherfucker

yea, just bully this kid even more instead of actually training him
inb4 call howard stark

> not knowing that Germans would have shot his ass to pieces no fucks given
> literally the movie monuments men they were just fucking trying to save art guess what bitches still gotta be trained.

Honourable dispray