>Riker episode
pretty good to OK:
>Q episode (later seasons)
Meh:
>Geordi Episode
"I could be doing my taxes right now" tier:
>Crusher episode
"I'd rather nail my dick to a table" tier:
>Troi episode (excluding the one where she's turned into a Romulan, that one's pretty good)

Why are Star Trek Shills allowed to make 20-40 threads per week on Sup Forums?

The show hasn't been on the air in years. /got/ is restricted but Star Trek Shills are allowed to post as often as they want, sometimes as many as 5 or 6 threads per day?

Great-tier:
>Borg episodes
>Lore episodes
>Picard episodes
>Broccoli episodes
>alternate-universe Tasha episodes

Good tier:
>Data episodes
>Geordi episodes
>Worf episodes
>Troi's Mom episodes
>Bajoran episodes
>Vulcan episodes

OK Tier:
>Worf's son episodes
>Romulan episodes
>Ferengi episodes
>Q episodes
>Riker episodes
>Wesley's academy episodes

Meh tier:
>Troi episodes
>Miles O'Brien episodes
>Dr Crusher episodes
>Ryza/alien paradise planet episodes

Just fuck my shit up tier:
>Holodeck episodes
>Tasha's rape-baby episodes
>Wesley's mystic godlike alien shaman Mary-Sue powers save the day episodes
>Fantasy space-kangz/space leprechaun episodes

>hating the holodeck episodes
>hating Sub Rosa

>The show hasn't been on the air in years.

New show is being shot... it is almost certainly going to piss off existing fanbase and will probably kill the franchise.

>liking Sub Rosa

explain yourself

What episodes are generally regarded as the best? I'm watching through TNG for the first time right now, I'm almost finished season 4 and I think my favourites so far might be Measure of a Man, Yesterday's Enterprise and The Wounded.

reminded me a lot about TOS where they would end up finding stuff from ancient earth in space and then there would be some sci-fi explanation to why it was there or how it was aliens making it up

Game of Thrones is a 60 episode serial drama. Star Trek has 725 episodes, most of them individual, self-contained stories.

Star Trek fans have a lot more to discuss than cute actors and the latest crazy theory about what's going to happen next.

>STD is going to kill the franchise

it's like poetry

how do you kill what does not live??

I wonder what will finally revive trek now that JJ Trek is in a ditch and this looks less than promising

data's day
inner light
tapestry
lower decks

Tuvix was murdered

Tuvix was fixed
since he was just a transporter accident

I think you meant "kill yourself".

Yesterday's Enterprise is my favourite even though it's not really important to the continuity.

Too bad they ABSOLUTELY RUIN the emotional consequence of that ending send-off to Tasha by having her survive and have her shit fucked up (literally) in the "normal" timeline.

Personally I think it's hard to pin down an episode which stands out as "the best" without picking one that's got a lot of resonance for the continuity or the character of each crewmember. A lot of the Data episodes had that for me, but if someone watched them as their first TNG episode, it wouldn't be a good introduction.

Whereas in TOS, you can point out "classic" episodes and even non-fans will know of them by osmosis:
>muh beeping wheelchair
>muh lizard man
>muh spock fight with the theme music
And that's just the first season.

Lower decks is definitely top-tier.

Tuvix was murdered and that was the fix.

>rewatched tng and ds9 in the past 6 months
>keiko isnt a crazy bitch but actually a loving wife
>miles and her have a realistic and endearing relationship
>picard will never marry, sisko is crazy, riker wasted his best years, the only two women worf ever loved died soon after
>mfw miles has actually the best life despite all his suffering

What exactly was wrong with the first two seasons?

It wasn't a soap opera

explain why you hate Sub Rosa without using memes as "it's stupid"

it is stupid

>Shills
>The show hasn't been on the air in years.

I don't think you know what the word "shill" means.

They're still publishing novels and games from this decrepit 60s-90s property and making a lot of money from them.

I'm tired of the blatant advertisement. Novels and games don't even have anything to do with Sup Forums.

Well, "it's stupid" isn't a meme. It's not even wrong, it is stupid.

But it felt out of place, like an awkward fanfiction.
If it had been a holodeck episode, it would have been better and less stupid, that's how bad it was. It's like if Picard's granddad living in a planet that's basically 1940s San Francisco-land, and the "Dixon Hill" episodes weren't about Picard playing a fantasy character but being possessed by a parasitic organism that make 1940s detective cliches come to life.
SO STUPID

Elaborate.
What did it fail to do in that regard that later seasons did?

>I hate fun

well that explains it, must have hated TOS too then

you're stupid

>>I hate fun
We didn't have fun watching Sub Rosa.

rude, kill yourself
a lot of people did so the problem is that you are just stuck up assholes like the faggot I replied to just above

>stuck up assholes
Sorry, but it's not stuck-up to not want middle-aged Twilight-tier magical mills and boon wank material in the science fiction serial show.

>it's like poetry

Indeed. When they announced it and everyone involved... everything seemed to be pretty much perfect, but since then pretty much all news about it have been gradually getting worse.

>how do you kill what does not live??
>I wonder what will finally revive trek now that JJ Trek is in a ditch and this looks less than promising

I don't think Trek can revived anymore. Fourth JJ-movie will probably get made, if they continue to make more like Trek as happened with Beyond, that is probably my best bet for saving Trek.

>What exactly was wrong with the first two seasons?
>Elaborate.
>What did it fail to do in that regard that later seasons did?

Chaos in the Bridge, micromanagement by Roddenberry and his lawyer. They went bit too utopian and wanted to eliminate all personal clashes between characters. As Genes health got worse, writers and producers got more liberty in how to run the show it became more character driven.

While Berman and Braga can be blamed for Trek getting stale after more than decade of doing it, they were the right guys for the job in late 80's and early 90's. Like Roddenberry in late 80's they became out of the touch tv-shows as story telling medium. They were professional and competent, but stuck in early 90's.

If the rumors are true about STD getting major level of studio micromanaging... worst thing is the guy who is doing it. Les Moonves is the guy who killed the ENT when it started to get good.

stop fucking digestposting

The quality differential between episodes is extreme. You have absolute trash like troi gets knocked up and Tasha Yar gets blacked but some fun episodes like conspiracy, a matter of honor, and the measure of a man which is one of the best episodes

Absolutely nothing whatsoever.
I'd watch season 1 TNG in all it's comfyness over 99% of modern television.
Scratch that, 100%.

>/got/ is restricted
Is that true? I wasn't aware there was any special treatment of GOT threads.

I hate that season 2 gets lumped in with season 1. Season 2 is fucking great and doesn't have a lot of the melodramatic bullshit the later seasons do.

>Tasha Yar gets blacked.
It wasn't THAT bad but still a pretty stupid episode.

wasn't Kirk brainwashed or something?

Under influence of Shatners ego.

What about Guinan episodes?

Guinan episodes?

She's only centrally focused in Time's Arrow, in which case it's a great two parter but I don't even think her role in that episode is all that great.

My favorite Guinan episodes is when she's serving out cold hard truth to members of the crew, like when Dr. Crusher was doing some shitty research on metaphasic shielding (or was that the episode when Ellen DeGeneres wanted to make a new spine for Worf?