youtube.com/watch?v=_V-5p3fM90s
youtube.com/watch?v=jtF61XpX-XU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

too manly to win an oscar

it made me cry

;-;

Nice dubs.

honestly this is my main question.

It definitely should've won just on account of pulling off the "title in dialogue" gimmick.

Not to mention the poker montage.

This. Watched it with my dad, he loved it.

Ben Foster deserved a nomination, hes so underrated

Mother fucker was great in fucking Warcraft. He's the most underrated actor today.

this for god sake

>it's a Nick Cave/Ellis score

There are no brakes on the feels train.

>movie is about poor white people from West Texas

It's amazing it even got nominated in the current political climate.

Is this the modern mark of absolute quality?

youtube.com/watch?v=QSraVZWcVUE&index=2&list=PLg3oXX-k_-Bi0dgGRQ8p-vFd-UrijXx1S

They all feel guilty for not.giving shit to Dead Presidents or Boyz n the Hood so now any shitty black man suffering stuffy drama gets nominated while neo-westerns get pushed aside. The academy is garbage. Goya/Jap/Korea awards winners are infinitely more interestin tebehe.

>proposition
>jesse james
>loin des hommes
>lawless
>the road

Yes user, yes it is. He's a fine actor and a great screenwriter and novelist too. God bless his wretched soul.

are you me

Actual Texan here. Can confirm the mythology of the Comanche tribe plays a huge role in our racial memory.

Watched this for the first time tonight. It was good but not amazing and it didn't have enough fags, trannies, niggers or other political token's for it to win best picture

Taylor Sheridan, the screenwriter, seems pretty based. He wrote Sicario and was apparently an actor on Sons of Anarchy.

I'm looking forward to his directorial debut later this year.

>Ben Foster
>Foster was raised Jewish, and had a Bar Mitzvah ceremony.

and... DROPPED.

If the two main characters were a gay nigger couple stealing the money to give back to the native americans, you can bet your sweet ass it would have.

>#oscars so urban

>Jeff Bridges spends the whole movie being grizzled, wearing a cowboy hat, spouting racist one-liners to his Indian/Mexican friend, and chasing bank robbers

This movie is extreme dad-core (in a good way).

>not watching this and bonding with your old man

It.worked especially well since we were apart for 6 years. If anyone gave me 20 mil and gave me full control this is the exact film I would make.

I think it had slightly better writing than Manchester too, but both are good.

I think taylor sheridan is my favorite new writer, he's had a good streak so far

It's just banter m8, deep down he loved his spicinjun partner and it was obviously reciprocated. Old timers who settle in a job always work together like this.

My dad loved this movie

>there's a man who can foreclose a family out of a house
I had loudest guffaw ever at a movie theater

definitely a dad movie, straight forward serious tone

Exactly, that's why he become obsessed with avenging him after he died

Yeah, and it would be PRETTY EASY to get a small loan when the property you are sitting on is literally worth tens of thousands a month. You could have the worst credit in the world and any bank would still let you borrow against that property.

But that would be a real shitty movie.

No it didn't dude. Listen, I like Bridges and Pine, but seriously are movies such absolute shit now that a totally middle of the road average movie is heralded as some kind of event?
This movie only had a few moments at absolute most.

Is thay bad tho?

>tfw I realise I'm slowly becoming my dad
>I picked up engineering in my late 20's and it just sort of fits, just like him
>I'm fine with it

Is thay bad tho?

>tfw I realise I'm slowly becoming my dad
>I picked up engineering in my late 20's and it just sort of fits, just like him
>I'm fine with it

The banks wanted him to foreclose. Any bank that helped him out would be on Big Oil's shitlist

Yeah would much rather have seen him nominated over that sullen mumbling kid from Manchester

I never said that's bad, it actually makes me more interested if it's labeled a dad movie. They are notoriously solid movies.

I wish my dad was cool. He did like it, but he loves capeshit. The MCU especially.

I've only seen 4 of the nominated for best picture, and of those 4 HOHW is easily best.

1. Hell or High Water
2. Manchester by the Sea
3. Hacksaw Ridge
4. Arrival

planning on seeing either Moonlight or La La Land next. which one should it be boys?

Why don't you watch your mother's Blacked.com scene, you fucking retard?

0-4 Moonlight
5-9 La La Land

>put on YIFY rip
>5 minutes in
>YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>Everyone wears a stetson
dropped

My dad's favorite film is Sorcerer. He was a dam builder and it must have really struck a chord. He loathes action films like this and always loved the old manly dudes like Charlie Bronson and Lee Marvin.

Why do you hate fun?

>I don't know what Texas is like

It's like one big stereotype here.

t. Texan

It's easily one of the best films of the 2010's. Totally robbed at the Oscar's. It dealt with class politics instead of identity politics, so of course Hollywood ignored it.

Part of the fun of the film is how foolish it is to rob banks in rural Texas, considering how many people are armed.

Yes, it was great.
>all those shots of wide empty ranges punctuated by oil derricks
>that score
youtube.com/watch?v=EaqKdl_T3ak

Hollywood is too shallow to understand this they just play pretend, even when they do give Oscars to asians or blacks.

What was that written on the wall near the start of the film, "3 tours in Irak but no relief for us" or something alike. Why doed Murriga treat its soldiers and heroes so bad?

Everyone talks about Ben Foster but Chris Pine's performance is really underrated. I think it's his best yet.

La La Land is very good

Anyone else feel this was totally overrated? It's a perfectly good neo-western. I was glad I saw it... but best movie of the year? Give me a break.

It is at least worthy of an Oscar nod. He pulled off the remorse and genuine will to redeem himself his character felt perfectly. But he's not black so fuck him right?

Do people with guns not understand how dumb it is to chase after robbers? Oh wow you're risking your life over money that isn't even yours, I'm sure your wife and children appreciate you risking your life like that. I can only imagine their thoughts when they realized that guy was spraying down bullets at them on the highway

better than gayniggerlight

youtube.com/watch?v=_V-5p3fM90s

>this scene

Clearly a lot of us think it was the best movie of the year. Can you name any others that you thought were better?

yep

I havent seen him in anything but Star Trek though but he impressed me in this

They stepped up they're pursuit of them after they killed them

They're law enforcement after all, it's their job

>tfw you will never be a texan with a concealed carry permit living in a rural ranch drinking beer when the sun goes down

That doesn't seem like a difficult goal to achieve, but finding work would be hard. You're either a cop or a shit kicker. And neither pay well

after they killed someone*

You didn't watch the movie did you

Depends how rural you want to get. Plenty of ranch land in commuting distance of a real city.

can definitely follow that dream. Could even just save up and retire somewhere real cheap.

I worked an oil rig 2 years and let.me tell you: it's hard fucking work. It.pays well but then again I'm Youropoor so I have no idea how well they pay you across the pond.

Yeah just save up a lot of money. You can find some insanely cheap rent out there. They aren't running out of land.

Was it at least nominated for best score? I thought Nick Cave & Warren Ellis did an outstanding job.

I did and I hate that bullshit, lol you didn't watch the movie response

Provide an actual argument, moron

They always do but never get nominated because they are outcasts in Hollywood and for good reason.

He was talking about the townspeople chasing the bank robbers, moron.

How can a Slav achieve this? Is it even possible?

Lose the accent immediately. Texans still believe it's the cold war.

Other than that, save up enough money as possible in your slavland to get yourself over here and to rent/buy some land.

Ok well maybe I interpreted 'people with guns' to mean law enforcement and police

But also the townspeople thing is probably realistic, people in the south and texas tend to be trigger happy

Even if it's realistic they're still dumb. If you're carrying it should be for defending your own life or others lives. If the robbers already got away with the money and aren't pointing guns at anyone anymore, the only possible outcome from chasing them is endangering more lives.

US immigration's tough, but Trump's aiming to switch us from a national origin/family unification system to a merit/points based one (like Canada and Australia).

So a masters degree, an in-demand skill, good English, that kind of stuff wouldn't hurt.

Do this at home user. Depending on which country you're from you can find a beautiful mountain retreat for yourself.

T. Romanian

>the townspeople thing is probably realistic, people in the south and texas tend to be trigger happy

Yep. The only thing that seemed unrealistic is when Ben Foster gets out of the car then starts shooting at the other cars chasing them. The cars chasing them wouldn't have turned around and sped off, they probably would have parked their cars sideways and started shooting back

Oh for sure it's dumb, but that doesn't discredit the movie. In real life, people are dumb.

Boredom plus never having to justify your range time to the wife ever again.

Are there any movies with similar feel to this one?

No Country for Old Men

No Country for Old Men

The assassination of Jesse James
Warrior
Unforgiven
Sorcerer/Wages of fear
Samurai Rebellion
Twilight Samurai

The rover
A Perfect World
Cold in July
Place Beyond the Pines

A River Runs Through It

Blue Ruin
The Rover

10/10 taste user.

The Road

Sicario, had the same writer as Hell or High Water

Yes, but Texas is very pro-TRUMP, and TRUMP isn't anti-Russian.

Felt so forced. Like it was trying so hard to be deep and brotherly. I don't know I was bored of it.

That explains my dislike towards both.
Both boring pieces of shit. Only good thing in sicario was Benicio.

youtube.com/watch?v=jtF61XpX-XU
>That final shootout scene
>Lord of the plains, that's me.
10/10 delivery

Fuck off MCUfag.