Post great films only you have seen

Post relatively unknown films that deserve their time in the limelight. Good cinematography is a definite bonus.

>Outland (1981)
Kubrick-esque cinematography, Mann-esque atmosphere if it was done particularly well. Extremely well directed even if the plot felt a little small in comparison to everything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KRLvIOf6YnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8HV7Mwv8YBA
rottentomatoes.com/m/lu_cao_di/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

most comfy film all time reporting in

Best adaptation by far

Zardoz (1974). This movie is insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=KRLvIOf6YnQ

>I'm 15 and thinks no one has seen Zardoz

I think people write it off as a Euro "art" film, but it's actually more like an existential horror/drama. The other two films in the trilogy are not as compelling, though.

The third one has some interesting ideas, but could probably be presented better as a lecture than a film. The first is a surrealist short film that gets a bit tedious.

>Mister Johnson

Pic related, the main character Mr Johnson is the black guy next to Pierce Brosnan on the left.

Also there were no camels or pyramids in that movie. I like that poster.

Ouland is quite comfy alright,

>All the Queen's Men

Mat LeBlanc plays a Nazi officer who goes on hiding in Palestine/Israel after the war, trying to redeem himself.

>The Frisco Kid

Harrison Ford plays a Han Solo type cowboy and Gene Wilder is a rabbi. It's a fun movie.

After the end of the war, Mengele and Eichman bought villas in Argentine and Brazil. Leblanc bought a Palestinian village.

How you jewing?

Outland is great. I love the fact some of the effects people from alien worked on this, I like to think it's the same universe and conam is part of weylan yutani.

One of my favourites. The only time Sarah Jessica Parker was attractive.

Most scifi films from the era feel like they're related. Including Blade Runner, Soylent Green, THX 1138 and the like. It's a stylistic choice.

You can easily picture Dirty Harry, Serpico, Death Wish, Assault on Precinct 13 and finally Mad Max and Road Warrir as stages of societal collapse caught in a glimpse by the viewer.

Nice I'm just glad someone else remembers it. There was a Steve Martin thread earlier and no one did, made me sad.

I don't think I understood this film or at least what it makes so great

>Most scifi films from the era feel like they're related

Probably because they shared props and prop guys.

Kek

>movies only you've seen thread
>full of people discussing how much they love all the movies listed

every time

Great thriller, fantastic atmosphere

You're right, all similar styles and all good films in my opinion.
That's a pity, la story is massively underated. Did the jerk get any love?
I'm going to put PIN out there, never see it discussed on here.

The Princess and the Warrior was fucking awesome and nobody saw that. Everyone loves Franke Potenke

Africa Addio is the best gonzo/mondo documentary ever made.

Grosse Point Blank is one of the best comedy-action movies and features, for what it is worth, peak Minnie Driver.

This is very enjoyable. Interesting to see black/white relations at a time when segregation was still in place.

>That's a pity, la story is massively underated. Did the jerk get any love?

I enjoy trolling food forums with his .gif when shit is garnished with Arugula. Other than that was that movie really that funny? Nice footnote to filmmaking history though as Henry Hill managed to squeak 2 movies out about him. And not to sound like a tumblr fag but it is a bit ethnically insensitive with the Italian Retard jokes.

Does Steve Martin ever make a good movie where he doesn't dress up as an "ethnic" in a silly costume, or a retarded person?

James Dean was supposed to play the Tony Curtis part. And the one in the Paul Newman boxing film I always forget the name of. Fucken fag.

Do you mean is la story or the jerk funny?

He would have been too young/cool to play the Curtis character imo. The whole point is they're both set in their ways after a life of shit.

I never really liked James Dean tebehe. Dunno why something about the guy irks me. Paul Newman has always been a better actor.

>Paul Newman has always been a better actor.
Undeniably true. JD was good looking and died young so he has the 'tragedy' appeal some people like.

No homo but Paul Newman was better looking and he had that spark of madness always on the verge of lighting up. James Dean just looked kind of edgy.

Not maymaying but Pattinson in Cosmopolis and The Rover kinda reminded me of Newman in places. And Kinski.

THE PENIS IS EVIL

Yes. And it has been seen by millions of people. Jus' sayin'.

Mad Bomber (1974)

youtube.com/watch?v=8HV7Mwv8YBA

Is that some pedo crap

"Hail Mary, full of grace...."

Does "redeeming himself" entail continuing the good fight in Palestine?

>The story of six men lost at sea in the North Atlantic.

>A female forensic psychiatrist discovers that all of one of her patient's multiple personalities are murder victims. She will have to find out what's happening before her time is finished.

Interesting story and great performances by Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. It's not a purebred psychological thriller, though. Things turn horror soon enough.

literally no ones watches this kino film on Sup Forums and im both happy and kinda pissed

>Do you mean is la story or the jerk funny?

The Jerk is hilarious. LA Story not so much. It's just a waspy guy making fun of ethnics.

Holy shit, LeBlanc in a serious role? I'm pretty curious about this.

I haven't seen this one but I will today. Will it depress me -a lonely guy?

rottentomatoes.com/m/lu_cao_di/

dis. i've even managed to see it cinema, no mongolian tho

>A young girl lost in the loneliness and boredom of reality finds solace in an ill boy, whom she can visit in a surreal dream world that she drew in her school composition book.

>GRIS gives nothing
Well what is it then don't leave a guy hanging.

This sounds funky as fuck. Is it good?

>22,000 votes on IMDb
147,000 votes
24,000 votes, nominated for Best Picture
15,000 votes
7,800 votes
11,000 votes
25,000 votes
1,700 votes
2,200 votes
7,000 votes
3,100 votes
1,300 votes (nice trips tho)
2,900 votes
13,000 votes (Princess and the Warrior)
75,000 votes (Grosse Poinnte Blank)
9,900 votes, nominated for best picture
41,000 votes
26,000 votes
18,000 votes
5,300 votes
4,400 votes

>movies only you've seen
At least try post something under 1,000 votes, like pic related an early Eric Roberts film

Slow at times, but the dream world is rather creative.

>spending all this effort cataloguing the IMDB votes of movies posted by anons in a Sup Forums thread
I don't believe I have ever witnessed this degree of autism

then you haven't been here long

Hotel of the stars (1981)

>A documentary comedy on extras played by extras. On their dreams and how the American society is reflected in these dreams. The film takes place in »Hotel of the Stars«, a hotel in the centre of Hollywood - USA. It is an old hotel in the interior and the exterior as well, but yet time has not been able to wipe out all traces of previous elegance. Until the beginning of the sixties the name of this hotel was simply a sober statement: Up there on Franklin Avenue lived »the Stars«, when they came in from New York, still blushing from the spotlights of Broadway. The name is still the same, but reality has changed. The stars and their money have moved to other parts of the City and have thus left the place to the pursuers - those who dream of becoming stars and their loyal followers, poverty and criminality.

check this nigga

>101 votes
Get on my fucking level, you disgusting pleb.

Seriously, though, this is an intriguing and bizarre psychological drama about a successful family man's slow and seemingly inexplicable descent into utter madness. Check it out.

Interesting early Ford film with splashes of what was to come with 'The Informer' and 'The Searchers'

get on this level bitch

I can't, really. I've personally watched only one title with fewer votes, but it's a piece of shit.

>Ivano is a wheelchair-bound man with some strange perversions. He gets his sexual kicks by spying on Arturo, their tenant in the apartment next-door and forcing his sexy accomplice Olga to watch as well. To increase his perverse thrill, Ivano persuades Olga to seduce Arturo and to have sex him as he watches. Unfortunately for all involved, the sex game starts to get very deadly.

Absurdly degenerate and thereby entertaining giallo. The English title is "Eyes Behind the Wall".