What's Sup Forums's opinion on the Berserk movies?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on the Berserk movies?

I thought they were excellent and I can't stop listening to the OST.

Pro's:
Great animation, direction, music, pacing, and fight scenes. Solid establishment of main characters relationships and motives.

Con's:
Some bad CG, some awkward dialogue, side characters could be more fleshed out like in the anime, intro teases things that aren't in the movies, some key plot points left out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1o4O2SfQ5g
youtube.com/watch?v=fBve21Je-uo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5jAOIrs7O8
youtube.com/watch?v=UbEEk2WSoYg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

one punch man is way better and also wanpanchi could defeat berserk

Theyre good but >Sup Forums
They wouldn't fight to begin with. Berserkman only fights demonmens and onepuncherinoguy only onepunches demonmens.

B-but they're movie releases, they even have the Warner Bros intro.

first one sucked, second one was ok, third one was great. closest we ever got to the black swordsman and lost children arc ever getting made............

>implying you can defeat Berserkman

He's got maxed out vitality and strength and a huge sword, no one can defeat Berserk.

Honestly didn't have a problem with them, found it weird that people were crying about the animation, when at that point we'd literally not had anything new on Berserk in almost a decade and most animes are pumped out with this cgi style now especially the ones on netflix.

>first one sucked, second one was ok, third one was great.

1st was the weakest save for the assassination scene, 2nd was actually my favorite because it had everything, 3rd was the stand out one that came closest to """"kino"""".

ssoundtrack doesn't even compare to the 1997 series

youtube.com/watch?v=w1o4O2SfQ5g

Manga>1997 anime>Movie trilogy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Berserk 2016

The soundtrack is great but listening to it whilst reading the manga is a transcendental experience

youtube.com/watch?v=fBve21Je-uo

>found it weird that people were crying about the animation

This. Before I even knew what Berserk was I heard people shitting on the movies for years so I figured they were really bad or at least not a good introduction into the Berserk universe. Now having seen them I feel the opposite is the case, you should watch the movies first because they are really good and give you the gist of the overarching story and then you should delve into the anime / manga to see what the movies skipped and to carry on through the story.

Also after forcing myself through 3 episodes of the 2016 anime I appreciate the movies on a whole other level in every department.

>Great animation,
are you kidding me
The CG animation doesn't even hold a candle to well budgeted CG animation from the early 2000's.

every aspect of it is shit compared to the manga

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5jAOIrs7O8

It's hard to compare the anime and movie in terms of OST though, they were going for completely different things. The anime music was subdued and otherworldly while the movies where bombastic, dramatic, and dark.

soundtrack in the films sounded like your generic fantasy film orchestra shit. completely forgettable.

movie looks like shit

>anime and manga
>he gets caught in the act and kills the witness without thinking
>movie
>hears the kid coming and hides only to attack the kid even when he didn't see who did the killing

it's shit desu

Not everything has to break new ground or use uncommon styles of music, the movies OST fits the movies style perfectly.

Nigga how can you listen to this and say it's "shit"

youtube.com/watch?v=UbEEk2WSoYg

Manga > old anime > movies > new anime

Bad adaptions from all of the story cut out. The 1997 anime is a MUCH MUCH better adaption.

>watching berserk

jesus christ how many times can you watch the golden age before getting sick of it
just read the manga you plebs, no adaption is ever gonna be as good.
also >no lost children arc in latest anime
wtf

Is this what weebs actually think?

if you actually like this kind of music you should learn the hard way that most anime scores are generally hot garbage compared to real classical music.
go listen to some big romantic/20th century symphonies and you can thank me later.

I really can't stand the anime because of the shit animation. I know they had budget limitations but even so it looks like fucking shit.

>how many times can you watch the golden age before getting sick of it

On my 4th watch desu. Can't wait to show it to my mom when I visit her so I can vicariously enjoy it through fresh eyes again.

Yeah, the art itself is decent at times but the animation is almost always just bad.

>mfw trying to watch the fan edit that splices in parts of the anime into the movies to add more to the story

I feel the animations were lackluster at first but they grew on me.

Took a while to get used to though.

That being said the Golden Age movie arc started off a bit slow, then turned quite interesting and then turned super cool in the last hour of the last movie.

I feel the weird otherworldly vibe was by far the best part of the movies.

A great opportunity squandered on really awful CGI. The recent Gantz:O proves it's possible to make 3D anime that doesn't look like dogshit, and a lot of Berserk's strengths ride on Miura's hand drawn style.

Also, go back to fucking Sup Forums.

>I thought they were excellent
Are you okay, user? Have you had any head injuries lately?

Spirits Within is 15 years old user we know CGI works fine.

but thats what he said