Don't mind me, just being the best character in this kino

Don't mind me, just being the best character in this kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hmu6dP3-VCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First 30 min in Europe was shit tho
The film should've started when Balian arrives at Jerusalem

But you ain't corrupt Bishop of Jerusalem, Saladin!

What is Jerusalem really worth, Sup Forums?

>you will never chill in Saladin's tent drinking wine with ice cubes

Which is probably a good thing since you might get murdered right after

Balian of Ibelin: What is a jewish life worth?
Saladin: Nothing.
[walks away]
Saladin: Nothing!

What did he mean by this?

And now, Mr. Saladin, is time to put a price on Jerusalem!

How much is Jerusalem worth?

Bump for best thread

>a fucking Kurd
>manage to unite Arabs and Turks for more than 5 minutes to fight for the Holy land
>while Kurds today are being shat on by both and started fighting amongst themselves in Iraq/Syria like a day ago

Do they even teach about Saladin in schools?

Weren't those era Turks not the original ones and not the Arab ones of today?

Nothing

>i am not those men i am salami Houdini
What the fuck did he mean by this is he a faggot?

Turks back then were part of the Seljuk empire. Saladin pretty much took over everything one of the regional Seljuk rulers of the Zengid dynasty Nur ad-Din built up and called it Ayyyyyubid instead.
He was basically a commander in ad-Din's army and was sent to capture Egypt from the Fatimids with his uncle but declared himself ruler after ad-Din fell sick and absorbed the rest of his empire with no effort whatsoever.

He's romanticized in the west, but he's more or less a historical footnote in the middle east.

He's a case of your enemies remembering you better than your own people.

>He's romanticized in the west,

Sure, but for a good reason, he is a brutal monster by OUR MODERN standards but for them,back in the day he was clearly a noble guy, i man the guy was in the limbo in dante's story.

In a world of cunts, a dick is a good thing

nah, the seven samurai type badasses that show up with his father at the beginning getting cut down so easily was a great twist, you knew it was a deadly world where anyone could get cut down instantly

Kek

EVERYTHING

Was it because he was a Kurd?

KEK WILLS IT

Clearly

When will they stop deny the Kurds of their rightful history and homeland?

OP, I will send you my physicians.

gentle kek

>png
Good job retard

>In a world of cunts, a dick is a good thing
Didn't know you went to Sup Forums, Shakespeare

>kurdish empire
lel

le saladin was a good guy movie

yea just brush over the entire enslaving of people who couldnt pay the ransom when jerusalem was reconquered or what he did to the families of deserters. or what he did to crusaders who refused to convert to islam

Woah there, keep those facts away from the good-vs-bad narrative you bigot!

No one is saying he was the messiah. He was noble by his contemporaries' standards. He didn't seem unjustly cruel and he had to live by the expectations of his retinue, otherwise they would depose him.

He was still much more merciful to the crusaders than they had been and much more merciful than the others Muslims probably wanted him to be.

Also he wasn't even the best character in KoH, which was David Thewlis.

Jesus Christ what horrible writing.

DAMN, Kingdom of Heaven looks like THAT??

>le "gentle uninspiring inoffensive cuck is the best character in the flick" meme

die

well, at least they have a large vocabulary for "we fucked our enemies women".

Speaking as an Arab, this is wrong.

He is very well known to us, and anyone who undergoes military training in the Middle East is educated in his accomplishments.

>westerners
>knowing anything

>anyone who undergoes military training in the Middle East is educated in his accomplishments.

that's not really special, though. there are a lot of figures that basically WHOs to general public, but are taught about at military academies for their maneuvers.

You say it like any of that was out of the ordinary for the time, though. It wasn't. Shit, he at least offered the chance to get out.

>not Jeremy Irons

Also known as "how to steal a movie in five minutes of screen time".

The best character was Baldwin

Haven't seen this movie since it was in theaters. Youtube me the best scnes

>Youtube me the best scnes

Sure bro, get a six pack of PBR first, you're in for a ride

not the user you're responding to, but also a shitskin

Saladin or Salah Ad-din is known to majority of population as an Islamic Military leader and of his achievement, although most either don't know or don't care that he was a kurd and not an arab

The best character was the blond-haired hospitaller.

that fight in the french forest though was fucking kino

then the aftermath, the captured noble thinks he's getting ransomed but liam neeson has an arrow sticking out of him so he's not in the mood

they just stick a warpick in his head instead

my pious niggers.
youtube.com/watch?v=hmu6dP3-VCs

>Salami Houdidni
Why did this make me giggle?

>but for them,back in the day he was clearly a noble guy,
this actually isn't true and the movie paints an inaccurate picture
Saladin made moves that to us seem noble or magnanimous but at the time they were nothing more than practical
He wasn't above slaughtering prisoners or selling off civilians in cities as slaves, he just didn't do that as much as his allies because it makes it harder to convince other cities to surrender when they believe they'll be killed or raped and enslaved afterwards

Christians were the same way towards each other and Muslims for a long time. If you surrender, you go peacefully and the populace is relatively undisturbed. If you choose defiance and force us into a bloody attack, then the consequences will be extreme.

Kek

It's about journey and adventure.

>Not the lepricon king of jerusalem
You had one job OP