Why do no films with such joy and passion behind them like this exist anymore?

Why do no films with such joy and passion behind them like this exist anymore?
It was just a big adventure with some big laughs and a nice ending.
What happened?

Honestly, the best parts were before the Mummy even wakes up

>Why do films with a good edit of passion and joy, mixed with seriousness and good drama not exist anymore
Fixed it for you. Nowadays no one can seem to make a good comedy with good action and drama.

If there is one movie that I would call a masterpiece of making me laugh and cry so much it is Adam Sandler's Click.

ikr? No one ever said "Where is the Mummy?" Because they managed to have a great script that kept you entertained.

Same is with Alien 1979. There is so many great scenes with the characters before the Alien appears.

gods of egypt was basically the mummy returns all over again, but turns out no fun allowed definitely applies

the mummy returns' first half is kino. don't hate on it

i'm not hating, i'm saying both are awesome (in a schlocky way sure)

Geoffrey Rush looks good in that poster

I know, right?
Watching the Mummy (and slightly less the Mummy Returns) there's no point where I feel bored, and it's just such a fun thing.

that movie was unbelievably stupid. i don't know how anyone could think this is a good idea.

>lighthearted cheesy action-adventure, characters happen to be egyptian gods, allows for cool imagery and story elements to be borrowed from mythology

yeah makes no sense at all

GOAT Action Comedy

deep rising by the same director was also a really good cheesy adventure movie. too bad he seems to be in movie jail right now

part of the problem is people trying to reboot series where the don't need to.
did we really need a female ghostbusters movie
apparently not shitty box office then shitty reviews
oh it was because they had a black main character
and people are racist
the original one did to you fucking tard
and it wasn't complete shit

Internet culture and media
You're older
You know more about actors/directors/writers and movie production than ever before
Movies are announced 5 years in advance and are changed based on public outcry

Among others

>deep rising

Benny is great in it but otherwise it's really typical early 2000s schlock and not in a good way.

This is, in all seriousness, one of my favorite movies. It's the only movie I ever watched twice at the cinema, and it still holds up today when I'm more than twice as old as when I first saw it. Just a super fun, entertaining and exciting movie from start to finish.

it's fun, just turn off your brain :^)

Gods of Egypt, like mentioned, was like that
And Pirates of the Caribbean 1 too, and the rest of the series is debatable too

John Carter had great potential but it falls short somewhere, one reason being the (imo) not so charming protagonist's actor.
It's not as balanced with action and humor as the Mummy but it really felt like an adventure watching it in the theater.

Thanks for reminding me of the upcoming Tom Cruise Mummy reboot.

Movies like pic related and The Mummy just don't jive with this generation, they think it's too "cheesy." They want the Gonzo version of these movies, like the MCU

exactly, characters and settings are just so interesting. The entire movie could have been without the mummy and it would have been a great adventure movie

for me it's Jackson's king kong

Fuck you Deep Rising is great

I don't think there's been anything since The Mummy but the only movie I think that comes close from an adventure perspective is Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country which is a sci-fi action romp which actually has a lot of parallels with it now I think about it:

>An ancient enemy awakens (The Klingons) and in his attempt to stop it, an old soldier (Kirk) is arrested and sentenced to death, but a rag-tag bunch of women and foreigners rescue him and they go off to destroy the threat before it can take over the world!