I'd buy that for a dollar!

Other urls found in this thread:

ourrobocopremake.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol

Robocop > Robocop 2 > Robocop 2014 > power gap > Robocop 3

robocop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a cluster headache>>>>>>all others

What did he mean by this?

I read this as a quick little jab from Verhoeven saying "this is a summation of your entire culture"; that everything is up for sale (and it's not worth much).

Me gustarĂ­a comprar que por 19,52 pesos!

ourrobocopremake.com/

In particular, American capitalism in 80's-90's
I listened to the writer director commentary last night

Would you you rather have the 80's shallow capitalist culture or today's neo-liberalism?

GOT NO WOMAN NEXT TO ME

80's definitely

There was at least some fun hype to ride on and prospects for the future

80's for sure. The world has sucked since 9/11

>40:10 scene

Nananananana boom!

the indominatble march of history

9/11 signalled the end of US world dominance

Osama won

Bazinga is the modern day version

N-NO

Robocop takes place in a dystopic version of America in which Detroit is on the verge of collapse due to financial ruin and unchecked crime.Because of a combination of factors like plummeting population,decaying infrastructure and deteriorating services,there would be a large number of abandoned, forfeited or foreclosed houses within the city. I imagine that in a situation like that, the city would prefer occupied homes to unsold lots and would be willing to sell the properties for a dollar. Sounds nice, doesn't it? A house for a dollar! You would have to be a fool not to do it. Hell, I could be the proud owner of a hundred houses right now!
I imagine that the "house for a dollar" thing would fall flat on its face. People would see that their dollar is not buying a house, but a crumbling pile of rust and asbestos in a high-murder area that the cops pretty much stay away from. If there are any back-taxes on the thing, you own them. If there are liens on it, you own those too. Previous owner never paid their sewer bill, you own it. People collectively shake their heads and wonder..Who would be crazy enough to buy THAT for a dollar?
After a few years, "buying that for a dollar" becomes a shorthand for being enough of a fool to get into situations that look tempting on the surface, but that will lead into a world of hurt. Eventually, it gets to replace the "don't stick your dick in crazy" rule. "Dude, I would not buy that for a dollar!" is the sort of thing that your more sensible mates would tell you when you are about to spend that metaphorical dollar and fall for a girl that spells trouble in capital letters and has more issues than the National Geographic.

Hi-Fi pasta for the respillin' and I didn't even have to pay a dollar. Danke.

Bump

this fuck
same for starship troopers

HAW HAW HAW HAWWW!